Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It really surpise me that you Parma fans aren't talking about Alex coming to your team that much. Do you not highly rate this kid as much as I do? Well I have seen him play a couple of times and I just love everything about him. Stop talking about Aimar, you have ALEX coming, be happy, be very happy.

Lets get down to business now, how do you see Alex doing in parma. What postion and role would he play? I assume of course that he will be starter, yes? because no player currently in the Param squad can claim to be a creative playmaker. All the 7 sisters teams will have playmakers now, totti, Boban, veron, ruicosta, pirlo, Alex, and of course the best of the best Zinadine Zidane.

Anyway, I happy as SerieA fan to see Alex coming to Italy, no matter what team he plays for. Just please don't leave him in the bench.

FORZA JUVE

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
You know Vito,we dont talk that much about him because we dont know if he will come.Tanzi has made crystal clear that his first choice is Manuel Rui Costa.I dont know if we can get Rui but right now it seems it is 50%-50%.If we cant get Rui Costa or an argentinian like Aimar then Alex will join us.The good thing with Alex is that we can have him whenever we want.So he is the last solution,not bad at all huh?

If not this summer,expect Alex to join next year when he will probably have an EU passport.

------------------
Parma will fight back...FORZA PARMA!

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
There are a number of reasons why we don't talk about Alex. I can think of some.

#1. He's been considered the "back up" choice.

#2. If he come he will come very cheap. $2.5 million is a figure mentioned. This of course becuase Tanzi's and Parmalat's influence over Palmeiras.

#3. Not many of us have actually seen any of the south american young hot shots Riquelme, Aimar and Alex. When we hear that Milan want Riquelme and are willing to pay $15-$20 million for him we tend to rate him higher. The grass is always greener on the other side and all that. :)

As Amoroso say Parma's first hand choice is Rui Costa. Second choice was Riquelme but now I think Aimar is the second choice since Milan want Riquelme to replace Boban from the 2001-2002 season.

I want to ask a question about these three young players. If someone could describe these players by comparing them to a Serie A mezza punta like Totti, Zidane or Rui Costa I'd be very happy. Use Ortega as one extreme and Veron as the other... Are they physically strong like Veron or are they weak like Ortega?

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Riquelme is physicaly stronger than the 2, and Aimar being the weakest. The thing that I like about Alex is that unlike other young brazilians(denilson, savio,...) he play smart football, actually passes the ball when a team mate has a better chance of scoring, a team player something that you got to love. It is only my personal opinion but I think Alex is more prepared for serieA than the later 2.

Also, I want to mention that Arg youth and Brazil youth team did play at the end of last year. It was a beautiful game with brazil winning 4-1 I believe. Anyway, the interesting thing was that we saw a match within a match if you know what I mean. It was Alex against Aimar or Riquelme, and Alex without any doubt out shined both of them, he set up 2 goals for Ronaldinho(scored a hattrick) and scored a goal himself with a geat lob from outside the box. He is a player that can score goals and set them as well as he has great vision.

Hard to compare him to the players you mentioned. He plays in a Brazilian league and they play in serieA, the tuffest league in the world. One thing is for sure, Parma will get its money worth (something like %1000 return on investment) with just spending $2M. And don't worry he is not Ortega.

Forza Juve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts