Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From http://www.italian-soccer.com

Alex waits a Parma call

Alexandro de Souza, aka 'Alex', has been bought from Italian club Parma some week ago, but actually he still don't know where he will play next season. The attacking midfielder, one of most promising player of Brazilian soccer, confirmed a contract with the Italian side exists "Palmeiras sold me to Parma, and I signed a contract with the Italian club till 2005, at the presence and under warranty of my agent Ronaldo Nunes" he said.

But in Parma's strategy the player should move on loan for one season to a different club, to have later a better approach to Serie A wearing a Parma's jersey. But all the negotiations on has been closed, so right now Alex misses a team "I really don't know what is happening, the only thing sure here is that I am a Parma's player. In fact as soon as I'll be free from matches with the national team I'll move to Italy" he added.

"I wanted and I still want to join Parma, since a lot of players I know, Zé Maria, Asprilla, Amoroso, said great things about that club. Even to go on loan for one season could be a solution, so I could gain experience in the European soccer"

According 'La Gazzetta dello Sport' it seems it was the coach of the club, Alberto Malesani to stop the transfer, also for a problem with the number of players without EC passport "Well I don't know and I never met Malesani, so I cannot say if he is the one to keep me far from Parma. That's why I'll move to Italy, to try to understand which is the real situation".

Palmeiras cannot manage the new salary of the player, 3 billion lire for season (euros 1.5m), so there was the thought to loan him to Vasco da Gama, but Alex shuts down this rumour "Well I wouldn't like that, I want to test myself with soccer in Europe, otherwise it won't be possible to show my real value!"

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
so we did signed him but he isn't in our squad, seems the same situation like Galletti 1.5 years ago.

Well just loan him out to Perugia or something like that, what are we waiting for?

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
This is RIDICULOUS! Is Malesani and Tanzi stupid? Alex will play from start against Argentina tonight since Rivaldo will take the step up and play as a forward. So, now we have a STARTER for the Selecao who can't wait to join our squad and we don't want him? I can't believe it! Haven't they learned ANYTHING from the Roberto Carlos and Rivaldo screw ups?

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree.If they have problem with the EU players why dont they just kick Bolano to Atalanta/Lecce/Bari/Perugia on loan so Alex can participate in our team.

I also understand the Seria A sides that dont want him on loan.His wages re huge for a loan guy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts