Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What an amazing defender he is imo, chased by teams such as Milan, Barca, Inter, ...
But he still doesn't get a chance for the Brazilian NT. Can someone explain me why because imo Alex >>> Cris, Luisao and Juan.

What does the rest think of him? I'm having a discussion on another forum and I seem to be the only one to rate him so highly.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Parreira is more worried with his ugly paintings than to follow a match. And Zagallo has lost it long ago.

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
He is good.... but he is not all that. The Brazilian press has always overated him... although anyone with two legs is better than the trio, Roque Jr, Juan & Cris.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
He is good for Serie A I think. Pure defender, a real tank. Problem is that he is not fast and he moves slowly. Other than that he is class. Best defender in our league imo.

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
Prince-O said:
He is good for Serie A I think. Pure defender, a real tank. Problem is that he is not fast and he moves slowly. Other than that he is class. Best defender in our league imo.
He might appear slow, but he hardly ever gets outrun by an opposing striker. He's got great positioning and is fast than he appears.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Has he been capped by Brazil before?

Has he lived in Holland long enough to gain dutch passport?

Holland could do with a proper centre back like him.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Alex has got a great shot and is strong in the air. Hopefully Parreira won't take him because then Brasil would be that much harder to beat. I prefer their defense to stay just the way it is.

·
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
42,192 Posts
Red Bed said:
Has he been capped by Brazil before?

Has he lived in Holland long enough to gain dutch passport?

Holland could do with a proper centre back like him.
no

no 2 years already you need 5 years or in the case of Salomon Kalou a lifetime

yeah we could use him :) but it isnt a dutch thing to give pasports to players from other countries.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts