Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Alex: ``I`m happy``

Alex de Souza expressed his happiness with Fenerbahçe and said he aims to "show the fans an improved Alex".
Speaking after this afternoon`s training session in the Arcadia Hotel, the Brazilian international said: "We have a great atmosphere here. I`m very happy and I want to show the fans an improved Alex.

"The league is very difficult. Whoever wins it will have done a good job. I see Galatasaray and Trabzonspor as our challengers but we could add Beşiktaş after their recent rise in form."

Alex re-stated that he received positive references from Brazil boss Carlos Alberto Parreira and existing Fenerbahçe players before he arrived here and added: "I`ve lived the exact things I was told about and I`m very happy about that.

"The UEFA Cup must be thought of stage by stage. First we must concentrate on Real Zaragoza then think of the other rounds. We`re not even thinking about the possibility of not making it through."

When asked who likes amongst the star players of the world and whether he sees himself as one of them, Alex commented, "there are many players I like. But I don`t see myself amongst the world`s greats".

Alex`s statistics show that he is one of the best performers of the league`s first half, but Alex said the team must be thought of as a whole: "The important thing for me is the team`s performance and my contribution to it."

·
Registered
11,971 Posts
A very modest interview :proud:

Normally we a foreign star comes to Turkiye we're used to hearing how great they are or will become. However, since the arrival of PVH we have seen a new type of foreign player in the Fener ranks ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts