Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
he wants 1st team football 100% of the time and he deserves it, not sure where he will find that in any top team but good luck to him....we cannot have 4 world class centre backs, ivanovic enough to cover...and with the money we buy a striker in january no excuses...

Alex hands in transfer request at the Bridge

Soccernet

Alex is reported eager to quit Chelsea in order to secure regular first team football.

The centre-back has spent four years at Chelsea, three of those out on loan at PSV Eindhoven due to work permit problems. But after being granted permission to launch his Premier League career he has struggled to make an impact.

With John Terry and Ricardo Carvalho firmly in place as first choice chances have been limited. Carvalho's injury problems seemed to clear the way for the Brazilian to stake his claim but Serbian defender Branislav Ivanovic has also been used alongside the England skipper.

The former Santos player has started 10 games this season with five of those coming in the Premier League. But the 26-year-old wants to play week-in week-out and has revealed he wants to leave Stamford Bridge to realise that dream.

"I told Chelsea a few days ago that I wanted to leave,'' he was quoted as saying in The Sun.

"There are many options. But I have to think them through and see if Chelsea will let me leave in January.''

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
As I said in the transfer discussion, I don't believe 100% this story: Come on, it's an exclusive from The Sun! And, if it's true, I don't understand him, because he is playing at the moment and he played a lot of matches last season (I read somewhere 27). I won't sell him in January, if he really wants to leave, I would sell him in the summer if we get a big offer.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
I knew it, I knew it! The Sun again...

Following reports in the media this morning (Thursday) regarding Alex, Chelsea Football Club has the following statement:

'Chelsea would like to make clear that no transfer request has been received from any player. Chelsea will decide the future of any contracted player in the best interests of the club.'

·
Registered
17,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i believe it but am sure chelsea wouldn sell unil carvalho fit again...

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Definetly, I don't believe he would sold in the winter either even if he demands it. With recent injury plagued seasons from both are first choice center backs that would be too much of a gamle considering Essien is sidelined as well.

Paolo should be the first given the chop actually, but Phil likes him-he played him as left back for Portugal when Migel was short of form.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Paulo seems to be a true professional aswell. He doesn't play a lot, but did you see him speaking anytime about his desires of leaving? A loyal servant to the club.

·
Registered
17,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
agreed, would never sell Paulo, he is loyal and even if not spectacular he is solid, he never cost us a big game compared to Boulahrouz or Del Horno who I rate better defenders than him but made crucial mistakes....plus defensively he is a better right back than beletti....

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Chelsea's Alex makes PSG move

Brazilian defender Alex has been presented as a Paris Saint-Germain player in the French capital after completing his move from Chelsea.

PSG sporting director Leonardo joined Alex in addressing the media in a press conference broadcast live by PSG TV.

The 29-year-old joined Chelsea in 2004 but struggled for first-team football under Andre Villas-Boas this season and has now been reunited with former Blues boss Carlo Ancelotti.

French sports newspaper L'Equipe reported that the transfer fee was 5 million euros (£4.18m).

Alex said: "I had a problem with the coach, he doesn't like my football. I preferred to leave for another club."

The Brazil international had been the subject of interest from QPR but has chosen to move to the big-spending Ligue 1 side.

"He will be a PSG player. It was a good opportunity given his price and his desire to join PSG," Ancelotti told an news conference earlier in the day.

Alex, 29, joined Chelsea from Santos in 2004. He was loaned to PSV Eindhoven from 2004 to 2007.

He leaves Stamford Bridge having made 86 Premier League appearances for the Blues.
"He has a lot of experience because he played in the Dutch and English leagues and also with his national team," added Ancelotti, who took over from Antoine Kombouare as PSG coach last month.

"He is a great professional. I think he will have a good season."

·
*the drum drum*
42,895 Posts
Plenty of central defenders there, Lugano has barely played and Camara is the mainstay at the heart of defence. Add Bisevac to the list as well, and you can see how stacked they are for the position.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts