Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 1744 Posts

·
Bog i Hrvati
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a question, do you guys think Alen Halilovic will play for Croatia or Bosnias international team when he's of age.. And why did his did switch, cause he played for our NT in 93' but switched in 98' and played for bosnia

·
Registered
69,243 Posts
Is he a Mamic player? If he is I would say Croatia 100%, or else Mamic might simply freeze him out. Does he have one of these 7-10 year professional contracts with Mamic?

Though apparently his dad wants Alen to play for BiH

·
Bog i Hrvati
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What the hell, why would he want him to play for them . What was the point of raising him in zagreb and playing for dinamo, im not tryin to lose "the next messi" to bih
Whered you hear that his dad wants that?

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
What the hell, why would he want him to play for them . What was the point of raising him in zagreb and playing for dinamo, im not tryin to lose "the next messi" to bih
Whered you hear that his dad wants that?
Hmm, let's see bud. Why the hell would Corluka, Kranjcar, Perisic, Kovacic, Matej and countless others play for Croatia? The situation here is also different because Halilovic's dad is actually from Bosnia. Unlike any of the Bosnian Catholics.

·
Registered
9,105 Posts
Hmm, let's see bud. Why the hell would Corluka, Kranjcar, Perisic, Kovacic, Matej and countless others play for Croatia? The situation here is also different because Halilovic's dad is actually from Bosnia. Unlike any of the Bosnian Catholics.
As much as you don't want to believe it Bosna-Hercegovina has been a part of Croatia for 100's of years so ye Hrvati from Bosna-Hercegovina are more likely to choose to play for the nation they feel affiliated with..As far as Halilovic goes if he wants to go play for Bosna-Hercegovina it's his right..I really don't have a problem with it as i only want players who want to play for Hrvatska now matter how talented they are..

·
Registered
9,105 Posts
Is he a Mamic player? If he is I would say Croatia 100%, or else Mamic might simply freeze him out. Does he have one of these 7-10 year professional contracts with Mamic?

Though apparently his dad wants Alen to play for BiH
Im pretty sure he is a Mamic player..Lynx would more then likely know for sure as im not positive..

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
As much as you don't want to believe it Bosna-Hercegovina has been a part of Croatia for 100's of years so ye Hrvati from Bosna-Hercegovina are more likely to choose to play for the nation they feel affiliated with..As far as Halilovic goes if he wants to go play for Bosna-Hercegovina it's his right..I really don't have a problem with it as i only want players who want to play for Hrvatska now matter how talented they are..
You know also that Croatia has been a part of Bosnia for hundreds of years :howler: My point being, it's irrelevant.

Halilovic je naš

http://www.bosniafacts.info/maps/eyalet_of_bosnia.png

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Excuse my ignorance but what exactly does "a Mamic player" mean?
If you're a Mamić-player, then you're being represented by Mamić. It's basically what it means. Sometimes players want one thing and like HS says, agents something else which then leads to a player being frozen out despite being very good. It's unfortunately how it works in our countries.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Bok zoric,

Thank you. If I understand correctly Mamic is an agent as well. But surely he can't be an official agent and President at the same time, can he?

·
Registered
36,156 Posts
What the fcuk is this? Croats are Croats, check your own family history there u disrespectful little troll. Then go out and buy yourself a checkered shirt, change your name to Ante and post news of Croatian players here.

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
I love it when those Turks tell other people what they should feel like! It's actually quite amusing! It's like they close there eyes and ignore history and reality. If the kid wants to play for either or who cares, it's his choice and his right.

·
Registered
36,156 Posts
The kid's a troll plain and simple.

·
Registered
14,050 Posts
So, just asking for yalls opinions. Where do you think he will play
He's tied to Dinamo long term...Maminjo controls both Dinamo and the NT...Maminjo's not going to let one of his most prized assets join an NT where he has no influence...what would be the point of taking over Croatian football if he was to allow his next big cash cow to wander over to BiH?

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
Mamić won't have a thing to do with the country the kid picks in the end. It will be his choice just like it was the choive of Šimunić, Ćorluka, Jelavić etc. If he feels like a Cro then hell, he will choose us, if he feels like a Bošnjak then he will choose BiH, simple as that.

He is welcome to his choice, he has to live with it for the rest of his life.

·
Registered
36,156 Posts
Halilović was apparently on T.V. today saying how his dream is to play for Croatia seniors along with Modrić.

1 - 20 of 1744 Posts