Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday 25th May 2002

Brazilian defender Aldair is contemplating whether to stay at Roma or join Atletico Madrid, according to his agent.

Roma have offered the 36-year-old centre-back a new deal - albeit on a reduced salary - but newly promoted Atletico confused the issue by making a serious offer.

"He will answer Roma president Franco Sensi's proposal next week," explained Antonio Caliendo.

"It's not a financial problem. Aldair agreed on a pay cut but he's considering his future when his playing career ends and is interested in becoming a Roma director.

"I've received an important offer from Atletico and we're analysing it. Roma have the priority but the Spanish club have made a serious bid."

AC Milan also appear to be in contention. "I want to have the approach from Milan confirmed as the Rossoneri directors asked me what the position was but didn't make an offer. As things stand, Aldair is between Roma and Spain."

The player joined Roma from Benfica in 1990 and played 16 games last season. He has 87 caps for Brazil and was a key player in the 1994 World Cup win.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Aldair should not have to put up with a salary cut after all the years he has spent in Roma, that would be humiliating for a man that is considered a Roma legend. A move to Atletico would be better than that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts