Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its rumoured Alberto Malesani will be signing with Panthinaikos.
Does anyone have info on this guy?

·
Registered
468 Posts
According to Grappler. He coached Parma to 4th in the late 90's but he's been out of work for the past 18 months or so ever since being fired from Modena. If this is the best that Greek football (in general) can attract, we're all knacked.

·
Banned
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a hes clone of Alberto Bigon :rollani:

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Coached Verona a couple of years back. aside from his time at Parma, nothing really to shout about. I'd be rapt if PAO got him. They're better off with that clown Fylakouris IMO.

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Fylakouris is great man...he gives the players freedom to play which works wonders with a talented squad(ok wer no barcelona but we have some very talented players)

Hes a great motivator and in 5 days has given one of the best ''football speeches'' ive heard :D i.e. Im a soldier of Panathinaikos etc

He also called Karagounis ''the best player in europe''...you listening inter? :tongue:

And he loves and respect the Club :)

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Hes a great motivator and in 5 days has given one of the best ''football speeches'' ive heard i.e. Im a soldier of Panathinaikos etc
There's more to coaching than giving emotional speeches PAF. Going by that you'd think Panagoulias is greatest coach in Greek history and let me tell you he isn't! :undecide:

He also called Karagounis ''the best player in europe''...you listening inter?
No they're not. Mancini is going for youth in the shape of Sinisa Mihajlovic. :googly:

And he loves and respect the Club
just as well really, because the idiots that run that club don't seem to. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PAO_ARSENAL said:
Hes a great motivator and in 5 days has given one of the best ''football speeches'' ive heard :D i.e. Im a soldier of Panathinaikos etc

A certain Olympiakos interim coach Yiannis Kollias said in press conferance 2 years ago " eimai Stratiotis tou Olympiakou" ;)
Seems to me Fylakouris isa motivator has been motivated by others.

·
Banned
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Malesani signed for 1.5 years at PAO.
Dont expect to see Panathinaikos become more offensive or creative.
Hes the new Bigon of the Greek league, I see him lasting onlya until the end of the season.

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
I wish him luck

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
He won a very hard game away to 7th placed Egaleo today,his first game in charge :)
Aek and Olympiakos didnt win at Egaleo away...

Just 2 pts behind Olympiakos now

·
Banned
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
PAO_ARSENAL said:
I wish him luck
He had tons of it today.... Aigaleo outplayed PAO and deserved atleast a point fron the match . The 2nd half was all Aigaleo's

Doesnt matter though, the funs starts all over again, you will drop pointswhere you least expect it. Luck always runs out.

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
What matters is what the scoreboard says at the end of the game.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts