Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is the most underrated player in europe..so many strikers reach soooo much more hype than him
i give you some stats about gilardino:

his last season, the first one as regular, bagan at parma after adriano's injury, which roughly happened 12 months ago.

so far has scored in serie a and italian NT (both under 21 and senior) almost 50 goals!!!!!! 25 in serie a last season (second top scorer one goal behind Shevchenko), so far this season 6/7 with a minor Parma without his best players, countless goals (almost 20) with Italian NT leading them as top scorer to U21 european title and third place at Olympic games

Why is he so underrated? When he will partnership along with Sheva (almost done deal) he will become the new Van Nistlerooy..not joking! The guy scores in serie a with an astonishing ease: stop, one second and goal from every position inside the box and even outside.Plus has showed to score when people expect him to do it, in other words he's not a smal teams terminator and high stage's choker

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Faisal said:
Ok if you haven't seen much of him, How can you underrated him?
do you want to get into a linguistic argument? i'm italian therefore i don't use english as my own language and there can be incoherences.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
No Alberto isn't the most under-rated player in Europe. Not to people with decent knowledge of football anyways.

How do you know the deal is nearly done? Do you work closely to the Milan superiors?

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nope but it's the opinion of the 95% of market experts (the reliable ones)

plus, ruling out Juve which doesn't bother Milan in market (and Milan does mutually) Inter has Adriano and all the other clubs in Italy simply can't afford it.. the foreign clubs have no showed real interest in him and i think he hardly will move abroad, therefore....

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Therefore he will stay at Parma until June at least.

Milan have enough strikers, as do Juventus & Inter. There will be no money until the summer for Alberto.

·
Registered
70,374 Posts
There is a lot of players more underrated than him in Europe. Gilardino is a very good striker and he´s judged fairly.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I'm a huge fan of Gilardino. Like many, I'm hoping he can be the future Vieri (in form younger Vieri, not current Vieri). Although I do like Parma he isn't getting the best of service there and it would be nice to see him playing for a better club that will support him better, although I'm not sure what that club what be unless it's outside of Serie A because all of the bigger clubs in Serie A are already quite stacked in the striker position but I still can't seem him going abroad. Will be interesting to see what happens to him.

-Scott

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Amiumtaur said:
Therefore he will stay at Parma until June at least.

Milan have enough strikers, as do Juventus & Inter. There will be no money until the summer for Alberto.
Agreed :thmbup: As Gio said though, everything suggests that he probably will join Milan next season.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
gilardino is "The goal ghost"
he was scored 23 goal in serie-A last season
especially after 18 round
17match 17goal
1~11 round he is nealy sub player and he participate in game 2nd half[between 25 minute~45 minute actually]
after league his goal parade is continue
he was score king in u-21 euro 2004
4 match 4 goal and he socred total 21 match 16 goal in U-21 level

in olympic he scored 6 match 4 goal
In Serie-A this season despite exploited he scored 6 goal

he is only 22 year old
maybe he will be "The goal god"

nesta said "he is born to score"

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Diavolo said:
Agreed :thmbup: As Gio said though, everything suggests that he probably will join Milan next season.
Milan have given up on Boriello already?

Gilardino is not underrated, anybody who follows football knows that he's a very good striker.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
I dont think that Gilardino is underrated at all! He is a great young player, who has recieved his fair share of praise, especially during and after last season. Fair to say that he isnt as hyped as Rooney (but thats only because of the English media) but he isnt underrated one bit. Most people know that he is a great player!

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
i think he is underrated as a young player. Names such as Rooney, Eto'o get mentioned a lot, as they should because they do very well, but Gilardino seems to score just as much, but doesnt play for a big team in italy so he doesnt get much hype over him.

I believe once he joins a big team, eg. juve or milan for example, he'll get the recognition. Just like Zlatan now who probably wasnt rated as highly at Ajax as he is now at juve.

Milan definately will throw money at parma for gilardino. Shevchenko does need a partner as inzaghi, crespo and even tomasson are not looking the goods anymore. But it wouldnt surprise me if juve were looking at him to partner zlatan in the future.

But there is no doubt that if gilardino played for a bigger club than Parma, he would be rated a lot higher.

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Gilardino is underrated for sure like every Parma player is and was.

Take Adriano. Last year he was at maximum a "great striker" with Parma, now he is "L'imperatore". Buffon was a very good keeper with us, when he changed to Juventus he was the best in the world. When you play in Parma you just dont get the attention like in other clubs. I am pretty sure that Gila will leave us for Milan at the end of the season and from then on he will be world-famous.

The same will happen to Sebastien Frey, who maybe is more underrated than Gila.

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
Gilardino is well known, even to non-Italian football watchers. So he's not underrated.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Chevanton is the most underrated forward in Europe at present.

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
That is not true, hardly anyone knows Gilardino here in Austria. But everybody knows Adriano, Shevchenko or Ibrahimovic.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts