Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not nearly as bad as the Davids/Stankovic sagas, is the one specific to Demetrio Albertini. It's not very difficult to ignore the 4-0 football clinic we gave Barcelona when we won the Champion's League. But, I also believed our boring team desperately needed a new lease on life after recruiting several players that had somehow managed to fool our scouts into believing they were Rossoneri quality. I watched as Juve, Lazio, and Roma kept growing. Just after Franco Baresi put up his boots... we suffered some serious pride-shattering humiliations every now and then, our glorious past was growing distant with each passing day. Bierhoff and Zac brought us an unexpected scudetto, and after several manifestations on the part of Berlusca of his feelings about the three-man defense...we sank. And we stunk...

Enter Demetrio

I remember him being one of the pioneers of a fresh new approach to football by innovators like Sacchi and Capello. A role that provided extra cover for defenders and yet efficiently supplying ammunition to the front line with surgical precision. He began to show signs of complacency and became injury prone. Depth in the squad was lacking and his absences throttled our progress time and time again... Paulo even seemed demoralised and all over online forums threads suggesting that the team needed fresh blood were getting massive hits. After managerial changes, and the acquisition of Ringhio, Maldini gradually recovered the form that made him a household name. Albertini had found himself rendered obsolete by the direction that calcio was evolving. Ball-winners were replacing the traditional style of midfielder, even big clubs realised how important it was to blend muscle and flair...

We got to the summit, and went on a record-breaking run. We hadn't suffered a defeat by more than one goal in such a long time. Today we were humbled and seeing Demetrio celebrating with his team mates felt just the same as how Lazio fans must feel when they see Sandro celebrating with us... I feel bad that for their fans that they had to lose Sven, Nesta, and Nedved but Nesta sometimes plays like he was born to wear red and black. So there you have it, Albertini conquering the feeling of rejection and supporting the Lazio cause. We do we get out of it? We have terminated our adventure on a quest. A quest whose prize is nowhere near as prestigious as the prizes that can be conquered in competitions that we find ourselves in.

We get a reality check, to help us focus as we attempt to uphold the 5-point margin that suggests we are head and shoulders above the rest of them. An uncharacteristic loss against a big side went horribly wrong, a defeat that made us overlook the return to fitness of Pippo and Kaladze - must surely have some kind of reaction. Whoever wrote the script on how this glorious era will end probably didn't identify February 10 /2004 as the the turning point. I don't either. I may be biased, but I prefer that idea about being extremely cautious whilst dealing with a wounded animal.

I calmly wait for the weekend fixtures to float by.

Attachments

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Paratroopa,

I believe that the usage of the word "revenge" is quite unappropriate in Albertini's case. I don't want to get into all the details of all this Albertini saga, but just in a nutshell, the main reason behind it was let us put it this way, a personal clash with 2 key members of the Management, namely Adriano Galliani and Carlo Ancelotti. The reasons are obvious for all the real Milanisti to see. Not in the mood of going over them. If the real experts in this field, mainly the official spoke's person of Deme aka :star:Albertini4ever :star: or :star: Diavolo :star: want to intervene and shed some more light into the matter, then be my/our guest. :)

What I'll say is that if Albertini celebrated with the rest of the Laziali, I certainly do not see it as a gesture of betrayal at all. He's a professional player and he did what every professional would do/would have done. That is to celebrate a well done and well deserved victory. Punto e basta! Just the same way than Nesta did the recent victories of Milan over Lazio.

In the same way, I am absolutely certain that Demetrio didn't see wednesday's win over Milan as revenge, let alone a personal revenge. Indeed, he's a through and through Milanista and what 2 individuals did to him will not change his affection toward the team of his heart. I'm ready to bet anything with anyone out there that his heart is still bleeding Red and Black and that on May 28th, 2003, he was not only cheering for Milan but most importantly, he must have felt very happy, as deep down within and inside of him, there still and will always lie the natural Milan tifoso. Just the same way that in the Coppa Italia final this year, when Lazio meets Juve, Sandro Magno (Nesta) will be cheering with all his heart for the Biancocelesti.

Deme knows that Milan has always been, is and will always be his 2nd family; that the fans, the real Milan fans, not the hordes of glory hunters who have flunked on the Milan band wagon lately and have no clue about the history of the club and what Albertini represents to the team, his remarkable contribution to the proud and rich History and Tradition of Il Diavolo, these true and geniune fans will always fondly remember him and always consider him, as one of us, for ever. Suffice to see how warmly he was greeted at the San Siro last november when Lazio came to the San Siro to play the European Champions :star:, while in contrast, one can add that Nesta was booed at the Olimpico last year when he played Lazio with Milan.

All in all, using the term "revenge", not only is quite unappropriate but also way off Paratroopa. For all the above-mentioned reasons.

All the Milanisti will be cheering for Lazio in the Coppa Italia final. First of all, it's because it's against the Gobbi and Milan always cheers against those Zebras and 2nd of all, because one of us, one of our brightest boys will be battling, at the helm of the midfield of the Laziale team. :)

FORZA DEME, UNO DI NOI PER SEMPRE!!!:star:
VINCI QUESTA COPPA PER TUTTI NOI MILANISTI!!!:thumbsup: :star:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Excellent post Payman :thumbsup:

One of us forever indeed!:proud:

Beat Juve in the final for all of us fans now! :fero:

·
Banned
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is not an Albertini-bashing post. Such a desperate defence of the player was unwarranted. Some of what you say is true, but may I suggest that you make a stronger effort to understand what a person is saying before answering with feedback that is not in the same context.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
I did precisely answer the point you were trying to get accross in your post Paratroopa. Your point being:

So there you have it, Albertini conquering the feeling of rejection and supporting the Lazio cause.
1) I answered that seeing him celebrate with Lazio was not seen in any shape as a sign of betrayal as the title of your thread blatantly suggests.

2) I also commented on " Albertini conquering the feeling of rejection and supporting the Lazio cause." as unappropriate since:
- he's a Milanista through and through.
- he's a professional and he acted as a true professional.

3) I didn't/don't see this thread as Albertini bashing and therefore, I am not defending him, but simply replying to your thread and it's erronous suggesting IMO that Deme had his revenge over Milan.

4) Albertini has NOT been rejected by Milan, but by 2 individuals at Milan (Galliani and Ancelotti). As I have explained, the rest of the Milan world, including the tifosi, will always remember him fondly in the same way that he still and will always love Milan as it's the team of its heart.

5) As to the rest, I think you're giving this game too much importance. Without taking anything away from the stellar performance of Lazio, it was VERY clear that NOBODY in the ACMilan organisation really cared about this game. They have other priorities (Serie A and CL) and at this time, it's a matter of managing the energy of the team smartly and efficiently. So calling this defeat a "reality-check" is uncalled for, because we all know, it was not the REAL Milan that showed up at the Olimpico. Not only nobody cared about this match, that no one wanted to play but they only played because they had to play this game. Believe me, if Milan and Il Vampirone could have found way to forfeit the match, they would have done it. Again, not taking anything away from Lazio, but one has to put things in their real perspective. :eek:

Cheers.;)

·
Super Moderator
13,647 Posts
Paratroopa, you just got to understand that "revenge" is indeed a very strong word...

Of course you weren't bashing Albertini, but still, maybe your post was better suited for a Lazio forum than for a Milan forum. :)
What sort of reaction were you actually expecting then?

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Alberini for sure was cheering last May, garanteed.
It's a pity he left, for sure. But we would of felt even more pity towards him, cause if he was still here he would hardly ever be in the starting lineup. So let's still feel that he's still here cause maybe his contribution for Lazio's 4th spot may well be appreciated :cool: What I'm saying is that in reality he's never left us, his task is to not make Perdenti join the CL, cause if they do, you never know. Now, he can't make that to obvious, so when he played against us, he had to pretend ;)

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
ALBERTINI4ever said:
Teasing me again HaRRon? ;)
HaRRon?:howler::howler:

You sure you didn't mean CocOOn?:howler::dielaugh:

You both are funny, specially you...;)

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
San Siro said:
HaRRon?:howler::howler:

You sure you didn't mean CocOOn?:howler::dielaugh:

You both are funny, specially you...;)

Cheers.;)

:eek: :D

I am feeling hungry .... I should have some [Quebecan] Eskimo Pie! :devil: :tongue:

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Haroon said:
:eek: :D

I am feeling hungry .... I should have some [Quebecan] Eskimo Pie! :devil: :tongue:
Too bad then, you won't find that in this place...You should be looking elsewhere for this kind of delicatessen, ok HaRRon...;)

That's a great one Fabi!!!!:thumbsup: :cool:

:tongue:

Cheers.;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts