Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's some interesting news out of verona's official site

VALON BEHRAMI CONVOCATO DALLA NAZIONALE MAGGIORE ELVETICA

VERONA - Il centrocampista dell'Hellas Verona Football Club, Valon Behrami è stato convocato dalla Federazione Calcio Svizzera in occasione di Emirati Arabi - Svizzera, gara amichevole della nazionale elvetica in programma alle ore 19:00 di mercoledì 9 febbraio 2005 a Dubai.

La convocazione prevede che il calciatore sia a disposizione della sua Nazionale da lunedì 7 febbraio e faccia il suo rientro a Verona nella serata di giovedì 10 febbraio.

Translation
Valon Behrami called for the Swiss NT

Valon Behrami, Midfielder of Hellas Verona FC has been called by the swiss football federation for the friendly match against the Emirates in Dubai on Wednesday February 9th, 19:00 local time.

The call specifies that Behrami should be available for the Swiss NT on Monday January 7th and will return to Verona Thursday night February 10th.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I wish him good luck ;)

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
So.. this is definetly it. No Behrami for Albania?

FIFA suck :ass: and dollar too.

This is SO unfair!!!!!!!

He should've turned down.

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it's still unknown whether he has accepted it or not. We'll see

·
Registered
345 Posts
He turned down once the Swiss NT telling he would play for Albania
But you know the FIFA regulations.
It`s better for him to play rather than not play at all

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
If he rejects it I think they'll give up on him. But I think Behrami might get tricked with the thought that he probably will never be able to play with the albania NT.

I'll have my hopes up. So when is he going to respond ?

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
StormAngel said:
He turned down once the Swiss NT telling he would play for Albania
But you know the FIFA regulations.
It`s better for him to play rather than not play at all

Of course but that's what FIFA wants him to think. In the end I think they would let him play ONLY if Swiss NT gives up on him.

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
numerodix said:
So what's the story on this guy?
He's played some games with the Swiss NT but only in U-level. When he played he only had swiss citizenship. Then he apllied for Albanian citizenship too and got granted and then wanted to play for Albania but they're denying him it because of that.

What I know..

·
Registered
345 Posts
Well,I don`t know
I`ll hope for the best

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Unless Fifa changes its regulations, it would be hard for Behrami to play for Albania NT. Also the Swiss may lobby against it just for spite if he rejects them.

U

·
0 Posts
Benny said:
Unless Fifa changes its regulations, it would be hard for Behrami to play for Albania NT. Also the Swiss may lobby against it just for spite if he rejects them.
Benny I dont think Behrami will ever play for Albania cuz the rule say so.. Mile Sterjeovski is Macedonian but born in Australia and when he playd for Lille in France he wanted to play for Macedonia but he have playd one game for Australia allready so Australia made problem to the Macedonian FA and Uefa say no.

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
As far as I know playing in U-level is nothing, you can still change NT but if you play for the first team then youre bound to it.

Zlatan Muslimovic played for Swedens U-team but lost his place and they never called him more so he switched to Bosnian.

·
Banned
6 Posts
yes but it's different cuz when i choosed Swden he also hade bosnian passport. Behrami didn't have albanian citizen when he choosed Switzerland

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
Behrami sayd that if he fails to play for Albania he wont hesitate to play for Swiss NT. And that makes sense, why would he lose his career waiting for a response.
That agent that FSHF hired especially for Behrami's case I guess failed ! HE couldnt do anything, as UEfa rules say that: if a player HAS 2 citizenship when he plays for the first time, it ALLOWS him later to chose the team he want to play for.
When Behrami played for Swiss, he didnt have Albanian passport, and thats over now.

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Yeah all it's lost now, Behrami will be officially swiss. At least FSHF tried to do something and prolly learned the lesson for the future.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
So he accepted to play for the Swiss NT? Ah nanen edhe atij, po lene bre se krejt per interesat e vet po shikojn, dhe ashtu flasin badihava se jan patriot dhe nuk kan me lujte per asnje shtet tjeter pervec shqiperis. Good luck to him.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I'm tired hearing about albaniantalents around the world playing for other teams,I think we should use more time to train up the albania-talents who live in Albania,Kosova and Maqedonia so we can be sure that they will end up in the Albanian-NT not other NTs.

·
Registered
345 Posts
This is so true Ultras,I totally agree.

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
I agree with Ultras too!!

What's done is done, let's just move forward and learn for our mistakes and if there are ANY other albanian talents in other countries who wants to play for Albania, I'm hope they've learned a lesson too!

Ah well, good luck to Behrami!

1 - 20 of 162 Posts