Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Croatian international forward Alan Peternac has signed a four-year deal with Spanish first division side Real Zaragoza.

Peternac joins Zaragoza on a free transfer after completing
his contract at Real Valladolid.

"I think that I have made a good choice. I've always liked
the look of Real Zaragoza. They had a very good season last year and have now qualified for Europe. I am really looking forward to playing for them," the player said at his presentation on Wednesday.
Peternac made his international debut for Croatia last year
against Denmark, but played only 11 games for Valladolid. He
became embroiled in a lengthy dispute with the club over his
failure to renew his contract.

Zaragoza finished fourth in the Spanish first division last
season and have qualified for the UEFA Cup competition.

-----------

Nice to see Alan upgrade his club. I wish him luck. It would be cool to see him and Savo start up front next season, even though I think Savo sucks.

·
International
8,545 Posts
I think if Peternac didn't have the dispute with his club, he'd have been called up to the NT. He was in good form last season, and had a few call ups. But because of this dispute he hardly played, so it was hard to keep in form, and as a result didn't get called up.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
I think Alen is one of the better Croatians in Spain at the moment only he has been wasting himself at Valladolid. he was easily their biggest star, and that doesn't help in such a medicore team. i wonder though what will happen to Real Valladolid themselves, because they now have their two main strikers gone. Perhaps Dragan Isailovic wll finally get his chance?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts