Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Match is Saturday. Haven't won away in the league yet and with the way we have been playing, don't expect to anytime soon. No Krasic, Yobo, Egemen, Topuz or Meireles. I'm sure Selcuk will rescue us.

19 man match squad:

Volkan Demirel, Mert Günok, Serkan Kırıntılı, Orhan Şam, Gökhan Gönül, Bekir İrtegün, Serdar Kesimal, Hasan Ali Kaldırım, Mehmet Topal, Cristian Baroni, Selçuk Şahin, Miroslav Stoch, Salih Uçan, Caner Erkin, Sezer Öztürk, Henri Bienvenu, Moussa Sow, Dirk Kuyt ve Recep Niyaz.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
I think this is the right time to try out a 4-4-2 and have Sezer and Henri play, one of them can start and the other can come in later. We have seen that Krasic and Stoch bot play horrible the past 10 games.

As I said with Krasic, a totally useless transfer, it is just good on paper. We needed a guy to pair up with Yobo. Had we gotten our CB we would be in the CL now and won all of the league games. Intead, we have to watch 2 monkeys in the CB. In fact, including the goalkeeper and withouth RM, the whole defensive lineup is full of Turks. Same Turks who fail on the NT level as well.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sure Aksihar will be hopped up and ready for us. Every team is. So yeah, we'll probably loose.

·
Registered
3,135 Posts
I think this is the right time to try out a 4-4-2 and have Sezer and Henri play, one of them can start and the other can come in later. We have seen that Krasic and Stoch bot play horrible the past 10 games.

As I said with Krasic, a totally useless transfer, it is just good on paper. We needed a guy to pair up with Yobo. Had we gotten our CB we would be in the CL now and won all of the league games. Intead, we have to watch 2 monkeys in the CB. In fact, including the goalkeeper and withouth RM, the whole defensive lineup is full of Turks. Same Turks who fail on the NT level as well.
IMO the problem isn't Krasic or Stoch it's Kocaman.

He's got the strongest set of wingers in the league at his disposal but doesn't make use of them.

Like you said a traditional wide 4-4-2 would be ideal for Fenerbahce. Two out and out wide wingers, Krasic/Caner/Stoch/Kuyt, Sow/Kuyt upfront, Meireles/Baroni/Topal to chose from in the middle.

Kocaman could tweak it depending on the opposition whether the fullbacks get forwards.

Another option could be a 4-3-3 the only problem being when Meireles is out it makes playing a passing game near impossible when bringing in a guy like Selcuk.

Playing 4-4-2 would make Fenerbahce more direct, Meireles + Baroni/Topal will have a key role in this setup in transition play and intercepting counter attacks.

The defence is a problem whatever way you look at it but the players aren't to blame. The problem is the poor level of defensive coaches.

A team can have the best defenders are still defend sh*t, we have some of the worst defensive coaches, tactics and strategies in Europe. Absolutely no thought goes into it, it's as if they think you get four good defenders stick em in the back and voila you have a rock solid defence.

Very few teams have an organised defense, few teams can play a straight defensive line, do we man mark vs zonal mark? simple school boy defensive tactics such as leaving a man on the posts from set pieces, having a strategy for ball retention from set pieces, passing the ball out of defense...

We produce good defenders from time to time but very rarely produce solid defenses.

·
This is NOT Akhisar!
14,463 Posts
Even if you got another CM for rotation, that still won't solve your problems (and would be downright ridiculous, even!), if iKoot will persisently continue to play Selcook, and eternally waste the talent of players such as Salih or Recep.

·
Registered
14,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Volkan Demirel, Gökhan Gönül, Bekir İrtegün, Serdar Kesimal, Hasan Ali Kaldırım, Mehmet Topal, Selçuk Şahin, Cristian Baroni, Miroslav Stoch, Dirk Kuyt, Moussa Sow

You can't help but laugh at Aykut starting 3 CM's again just to get Selcuk in.

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
:palm: Tough away game, got to be prepared for the mighty Akhisar.

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
lol 1-0 down

what a joke this team is

1 - 20 of 49 Posts