Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A month ago this was marked a sort of doomsday in my agenda. The date where the winning streak would end and perhaps would be the start of a negative run. I didn't know back then though that The Hunter would bring so a positive vibe to our game and most of all our feeling that I could even start to believe today that we can the game tomorrow. Especially after PSV got slaughtered on wednesday in Stade Gerland. They didn't came even close of repeating the feat that only Ajax managed there in the last couple of seasons. Although the big loss ment that Hiddink already saved some of his big guns in the end for the clash against us.

A positive feeling, but then again PSV has had tough games before a battle with us before and always managed to win against us...And to be honest we miss too many players at the moment too be really certain of a good result in the end. Boukhari picked up his 4th(?) yellow against Sparta, which means we'll miss another midfielder and Boukhari showed against his former club that he was in good form and in the JC-schaal he showed that can excel against the Farmers too. Now it probably means Juanfran in defense and Urby one line up, the Spaniard who's spending his last months at Ajax most likely and now is still remembered for his bad game against Utrecht.

Main hopes are on the deadly duo upfront. Last weeks showed that Rosenberg and KJ are more used to eachoter and the Swede showed that he can also deliver some quality crosses. To be honest I expect at least one of them to score and KJ also winning the battle of the 9 M rejects by the opponent. Kone only delivered against the likes of Heerenveen so far.

The line-up

Stekelenburg

Trabelsi - Maduro - Vermaelen - Juanfran

Pienaar - Lindenbergh - Emanuelson

Rosales - Huntelaar - Rosenberg

The score

Ajax - PSV 2-1

Rosenberg
Huntelaar

Farfan

·
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
42,192 Posts
only highlight so far was a shot by Simmons that hit the post

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm happy with the 0-0. Ajax played one of their most spirited performances of the season and the fans were also the best heared so far, but you could see that it wasn't a do or die game for us. Otherwise we could have won again perhaps, now we were still cautious for a counter by them. They had their chances with Simons and Farfan, but their 'visier' luckilly wasn't sharp enough.

At least Feyenoord can come a bit closer today to make it a bit exciting again for the title, although I still see PSV win it in the end of course. Only if both win all their games the last week will be interesting with PSV-Feyenoord scheduled on the 33rd round. Not that it bothers us that much at the moment. We can leave for Milan now with no extra injuries and a confidence that is still there.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
EUROWATCH: AJAX 0-0 PSV
Saturday, 11 March 2006 21:28:50
MILAN - Inter's UEFA Champions League round of 16 opponents Ajax (first leg 2-2, return leg Tuesday 14 March) played out a goalless draw with with PSV Eindhoven in round twenty-eight of the Dutch Eredivisie on Saturday.

inter.it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts