·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
This will really get the Juve fans going. :D

Anyway, personally I find this a interesting discussion. There was some systematic doping in Juve at that time, to what extent noone knows. Is that enough to dismiss their claims to the things they won? Harder question, undoubtedly it puts their titles into a much darker light. But we should not dismiss the team they had which was a huge one full of great players.

Juventus have of course mananged to divert the blame on a scapegoat doctor that supposedly did this on his own without anyone knowing. :D

but if Ajax should be awarded the title, then Milan should get the one Marseille lost...

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
surely the teams who juve knocked out on the way to the final would have just as much right to have the trophy

they beat us twice in the group stages, probably pepped up on drugs which prevented us from proceeding to the knockout stages. so whats to say we wouldnt have won it

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
United should hand back the CL from 1999 because Stam was most probably off his cake on Nandrolone. :tongue:

interesting that Wenger said a few weeks ago than in tests on the Arsenal players some of them after signing had been shown to have a high red blood cell count, this seems to point that these illegalities in football doping seem to be an epidemic.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
JKris said:
This will really get the Juve fans going. :D
but if Ajax should be awarded the title, then Milan should get the one Marseille lost...
:crybaby:

Marseille beat you fair and square in 93, they got convicted of match fixing in French league games after the OM-Valenciennes case however until proven otherwise, they're clean in Europe.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Steph! said:

Marseille beat you fair and square in 93, they got convicted of match fixing in French league games after the OM-Valenciennes case however until proven otherwise, they're clean in Europe.
I read that they lost the europan title.

·
Registered
164 Posts
No way, let Juve keep the title, they deserved it. We just weren't good enough in the final back then.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
JKris said:
I read that they lost the europan title.
But not to your benefit, too bad. The UEFA thought it'd be smart to take away Marseille's victory despite the total lack of charges in Europe. But Marseille remain the moral winners of this.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Steph! said:
But not to your benefit, too bad. The UEFA thought it'd be smart to take away Marseille's victory despite the total lack of charges in Europe. But Marseille remain the moral winners of this.
Winners yes, but moral? :D

But I only said this in conjecture to how ajax claims they should have the title.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Juul2k said:
No way, let Juve keep the title, they deserved it. We just weren't good enough in the final back then.
True, I agree.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
JKris said:
But I only said this in conjecture to how ajax claims they should have the title.
Not Ajax, but Louis Van Gaal, who is not in their structure anymore... as far as I know.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Steph! said:

Yeah give us the CL victory in 93 then!. Marseille was the most pathetic winnners in history. Not only the cheated their way to the CL by matchfixing they also were dominated for 90 minutes and didn't even have one shot on target during the whole game. Then from a miracle, they recieve a non-existant corner and Basile Boli headed the ball on Baresi and into the target.

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts

STILL HURTS, EH? CRY AS MUCH AS YOU WANT BUT ALWAYS REMEMBER YOU GOT OWNED, BIATCH !!!

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
I agree with Steph that Marseille's match fixing was in the French league and had nothing to do with Europe. As much as it pains me to say it as I was passionately hating that Marseille team back then, their title should not be touched. And it truly pains me to say that as this Milan was the best Milan under Capello. 11 matches. 10 wins. loads of goals scored and only 2 allowed. One against PSV in Holland and one in the final. A heart broking loss for us...:depress::sob:

However, I do have my reserves on the Juve side of the mid 90's. They were incredibly more stronger than the rest physically. Whether that was due to their heavy training load or due to external help remains to be seen and proved at least in Europe...:eek:

Cheers.;)

·
Fuoriclasse
13,912 Posts
San Siro said:
However, I do have my reserves on the Juve side of the mid 90's. They were incredibly more stronger than the rest physically.
Oh dear! :rolleyes: We made the most of physical strength only since Ancelotti, and even more so nowadays under Capello. So what are you talking about now?

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Steph! said:
STILL HURTS, EH? CRY AS MUCH AS YOU WANT BUT ALWAYS REMEMBER YOU GOT OWNED, BIATCH !!!
As arrogant as always yo little Glen wannabie :finger: :howler:

Up your's Biatch!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts