Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this on Yedioth today, turns out Ajax are worried Maccabi might finish third after an 'easy time' against Juventus' reserve side. So the Dutch have asked Juventus to play with their best team at Ramat Gan. Juve will probably field their second string team with some first team players, but if you ask me even their reserves can beat Maccabi, it's all a question of motivation and even Juventus' best team wouldn't have the best motivation for such a game. :)

You guys think Maccabi will beat Juventus afterall? Finishing third is probably our only way of not losing the 15th place in the UEFA coefficient ranking.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Israel has a 50/50 chance to finish in the top 15 even if Maccabi losses the next game. but a tie would put them in for sure.

Professional players always play hard, as a matter of pride. But I don't think Juve will risk player injuries and red cards just to do a favor for Ajax. Juve is only concerned about Juve. Maccabi has 2 things going for it- Juve reserves and playing at home. They have a good chance to tie, or at least it looks that way.

Remember my prediction- Maccabi will finish with a win and a tie- I still think my prediciton will be correct. The only problem is that I think Ajax will tie as well.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Juventus is playing for fun!!!!

Watch half of the stadium go for Juventus....

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Maccabi Tel Aviv must play a more offensive game and with the fans help it could reach a nice result. otherwise we will lose 1-0, just like juve has won all its matches so far....

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
berko said:
Maccabi Tel Aviv must play a more offensive game and with the fans help it could reach a nice result. otherwise we will lose 1-0, just like juve has won all its matches so far....
That's what we said not once this season, still I can't believe Klinger will play both Mbamba and Addo at the same time. He will probably use a similar lineup to the one used against Ajax with Dego instead of a third defensive midfielder.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
If Maccabi keeps a real good perception and goes defensive a 0-0 draw would be all they need :D

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kappa21 said:
If Maccabi keeps a real good perception and goes defensive a 0-0 draw would be all they need :D

But if Ajax wins their home match with Bayern it won't be enough. Actually if Ajax wins it means they're through regardless of Maccabi's result.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Raanan said:
But if Ajax wins their home match with Bayern it won't be enough. Actually if Ajax wins it means they're through regardless of Maccabi's result.
Whos say Bayern...big bad Bayern would lose or even tie in Ajax.
We all know Ajax's woes :groan:

·
Banned
6,222 Posts
YES YES ! juve - please listen to Ajax... bring your best players :)

Forza juve and Ale anyway. Pinturicchio will be here my friends. knock wood. :scream:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts