Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?id=16702

Summary: After van Gaal left Ajax as technical-director, they're still looking for a new one. In a TV-interview with local journalists from AT5, Ajax-chairman Jaakke told them: 'a new man will come, for sure this season'.
Strong rumours are say it's going to be Utrecht coach Foeke Booy, he's technical director and coach at FC Utrecht and has been very successive since he does the job.
Ajax are also targeting him to replace Koeman at the end of the season.

---

Yeah, what can I say... rumours, rumours, rumours :sleepysmi .
However, we know Booy has got the ambition to train a 'bigger' club, he prefers Club Brugge but if Sollied won't go and Ajax offers him a job, I don't know how he'll react... we'll see.

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
Well, I think it's pretty clear that under Koeman Ajax won't win anything but the title and not a single player gets any better under him, so perhaps it is time to blow in some fresh wind. Foeke Booy is highly under-rated, and it's quite amazing he gets so many good results with a team that potentially isn't much better than NEC or Willem II. Darl Douglas for instance, has really grown into a worthy player at Utrecht and is a decent winger, where at Ajax he was thought of never to make it.

·
Registered
59,143 Posts
chivu said:
'Non, merci'
Pourquoi? :confused: cos you have another name in mind?

Booys done well with his transfers, getting di Tomasso, Somers and Douglas for next to nothing imo

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Nope, only coaching for Utrecht is still something different than coaching for Ajax. He has had some good results of course with Utrecht, but for the rest not enough to convince me that he could be the man for the job.

·
Registered
59,143 Posts
I meant more for the technical directors spot. He seems to have a good knowledge of French and Belgian football and network there. Still no?

As for the trainer, yeah it's a twijfelgeval, but there aren't many Dutch options either unless you want Co back :D

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
A Belgian network can't be seen much as an advantage at the moment. ;) I rather see a bigger name there and bit older too. Since Booy probably will prefer to be on the field again after a while.

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
And what had Koeman done before coaching at Ajax? didly squat if it comes to being the man in charge, so not counting his experiences with Oranje and Barca, but merely his short time with Vitesse.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Koeman has his name and experience with him as a player, that's why he could survive the battle with Van Gaal in my eyes for example and that';s why he's still at the club. Booy would have lost already.

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
I was responding to this reply actually.

chivu said:
Nope, only coaching for Utrecht is still something different than coaching for Ajax. He has had some good results of course with Utrecht, but for the rest not enough to convince me that he could be the man for the job.
You said Booy doesn't meet the criteria to coach Ajax, I was just wondering what criteria Koeman had before he was appointed Ajax coach. By that I meant, what he achieved as coach. I know he was appointed soley thanks to his Ajax past and being one from the class of '88.

But now van Gaal is gone, so Booy could step right in. Unless, which isn't totally unthinkable, van Eijden goes and approaches Adriaanse for the TD job for next season :rollani:

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
I knew that you were responding to my previous post.

Last sentence of yours is the biggest bull i can imagine. The man who looked for a oppurtinity to kick Co for a long time now wants him back.....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
59,143 Posts
Indeed, Co has always said a possible return to Ajax is unnegotiable as long as Van Eijden is in charge and with Co's ego I can never see him backtracking from that viewpoint.

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
Okay, it may soundlike the biggest bull ever, but then again, van Eijden is probably the biggest moron ever, so that's how I figured.

·
Registered
59,143 Posts
hmm so after Booy and Henk ten Cate said no, VI now says Ronald Spelbos is interested.
Anyone want him? :D Rob Baan is also available you know ;)

·
Registered
59,143 Posts
The Technical director spot.

That'd be quite something was Koeman to be sacked for him with all respect to Spelbos :D nice man but someone like Wiljan Vloet when it comes to training imo.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
A bit more respect to 'bright eyes' Vloet Wally, the man who never lost with Roda JC in Eindhoven. He's at least more amusing to hear and see than Spelbos, who's spending his days now as teacher in Zeist (KNVB) I think.

·
Registered
59,143 Posts
You're a fan of bright eyes I see :pp fancy having him as TC btw as he's free at the end of the season?

To be serious, I can't think of any names. Beenhakker back maybe :D but other than that, who ? Cruijff maybe?

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Nah, that not, but i would like to see him coach still in the Eredivisie next season.

For our TD I still wouldn't know who to go for. Beenhakker won't come either as long as Arie is the boss at Ajax.

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
Cruyff would be the perfect choice, but also the most unrealistic. I think there's never been a better time for him to finally do it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts