Xtratime Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is best AZ can finish this season and will our players perform better as well.I think a ucl is possible i think we do very well this season.

Ari will have a much better season

Schaars is back

Holman looks good

Martens will be fit and ready to go.And we got class players like De Zeeuw.Romero,Moreno Dembele as well.I think a top 4 finish is realistic for us.Any thoughts.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Slagathor and Dutch what you think what AZ will do this season

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After Dembele is starring in Bejing if he starts the season like this i feel a league title is in our reach.With Martens,Schaars,De Zeeuw,Romero,Moreno and Ari will do better this season.The players are there for it.Do you belive in AZ Slagathor.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Come on Slagathor season starts soon what are your hopes for the new season.

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
No way. I'll give you my predictions on Monday when the transfer window is closed. I'm not jinxing anything this year, no way, no how. :D

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Monday's here and I saw a lot of my fears confirmed this weekend. So here goes, my predictions:

1. PSV Eindhoven. They're the only squad with a decent defense and they've improved their attacking capabilities. They're once again unbeatable.

2. AFC Ajax. By the Grace of God in that there's nobody else to compete with them for 2nd place. Unless they really drop the ball; then some subtopper could have a shot at the Champions League. And why not? With this defense and (to a lesser extent) midfield, Ajax don't belong in the Champions League. Not that anybody else (besides PSV) does.

3. FC Groningen. I think they'll surprise many. They've conducted their transfer affairs below radar but they've done well for themselves. They've been steadily marching on, planning a new stadium even!

4. sc Heerenveen. Losing key players will finally catch up with them and they'll finish below their Northern rivals for the first time in... Forever?

5. Feyenoord. They'll be looking down the rankings for most of the season, trying to shield off the chasers.

6 NEC Nijmegen. They're one of those chasers, I think they'll have a shot at 6th, possibly 5th.

7. AZ. Better then last season, but still not good enough for Europe. The defense is far too weak and we still lack scoring capabilities. All in all, the only thing that's changed since last season is the return of a leader in Schaars. But that won't be enough. My personal hope for the season: that we ditch Van Gaal and get back to our roots.

The rest follows. NAC won't repeat their stint and they'll join Willem II in the grey masses. FC Twente will implode, there's really not much to work with in Enschede this year. ADO might surprise by finishing 12th or something along those lines.

Relegation candidates #1: Volendam, surely. Relegation play-offs: De Graafschap and Sparta Rotterdam.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Aims for the season?

Finishing in the left side of the standings.

Qualify for the UEFA cup... but it will be very hard again I'm afraid.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What does the left standings mean what is wrong with right side of standings.Or is that
North or south i am getting confused here now.

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
What does the left standings mean what is wrong with right side of standings.Or is that
North or south i am getting confused here now.
It's a Dutch journalism thing. The standings are always displayed like this:

Code:
01. PSV		10. TWE
02. GRO		11. VOL
03. ADO		12. AJA
04. HER		13. AZ
05. NEC		14. FEY
06. HEE		15. GRA
07. NAC		16. SPA
08. WIL		17. UTR
09. RJC		18. VIT
So the top half of the table now becomes a 'left row' and the bottom half becomes the 'right row' - linkerrijtje and rechterrijtje in Dutch respectively.

"To finish in the top half" = To finish in the left row.

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
"the left side of the standings" :D great translation of "het linkerrijtje"

LOL it sounds indeed a bit akward in English... :D

So yeah henryrules, I couldn't explain it better than Slaghathor just did.
But you can also say that I translated it too literally from Dutch to English.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.