Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do u think these players deserve to wear the AZZURI shirt!
Do they have the quality?

In my opinion Luca Toni is the best of them, but also he do not deserve to wear it !!

What do u guys think...

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
If Toni doesnt desere to wear it, then who? He is our second best target man for sure.

Corradi in his first year at Lazio was quite decent, since he has been poor and hasnt deserved to wear it. Diana also had a good year last year and this year has been crap so at the moment no, but if he came through like last year then he may deserve a place.

·
Registered
46,438 Posts
HB21 said:
Do u think these players deserve to wear the AZZURI shirt!
Do they have the quality?

What do u guys think...
Aimo Diana first of all since I see him regularly every week. ;) In the last season he was in a splendid shape and that made him the best player of Sampdoria after Flachi. His technique is not so bad either, he has a decent ball control, good shot, good header, but he doesn't cross so well. Considering that the Italian NT have almost no players on the right midfield the azzurri shirt was not a scandal. Unfortunately during this season he has been much worse and right now he does not even deserve a place in the starting lineup of Sampdoria.

Bernardo Corradi is crap. He scores as many goals as... Aimo Diana, who is not a forward! The feet are horrible and just his header is good.

Luca Toni has always been technically good considering the height (more or less 1.95) while the header was a weak point! In the last seasons his header has improved and right now he is a rather complete forward. Yet, he misses too many goals and IMO we need a better forward to replace Vieri.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I think Gilardino and Vieri are 1 and 2 And Toni would be 3. but if the world cup started tomorrow I'm not sure who would get the start between Gila and Vieri. I think I would give the edge to Vieri. As for Corradi after this poor season in Spain you can probably just about write him off for the NT at this point in time.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Frankly, Toni sometimes makes me change my mind.. I mean he's surely a good striker, but maybe the level of striker we r used to is just a way higher than his level!!

Corradi & Diana are crap..

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
I think Toni is the best direct replacement for Vieri. That's if Lippi wants a target man to just hoof the ball forward or upwards for him to chase.. Toni's game is based very much on strength and height. There are currently no big forwards who are Italian as good as him so he gets the slot by default. If I were coach, though, I would never resort to fielding a big striker just for the sake of having a presence..

But I like Toni and I think he's very passionate about the NT. :)

·
Registered
8,869 Posts
Two man<toni,diana> fit all sub player
Toni best of three but he also never reach great vieri forever.
i think iaquinta,caracciolo better than corradi
Even if corradi isn"t NT sub level

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Interista said:
You have answered this thread yourself twice HB21, why?
Its not an answer to my thread thats for sure ;)
but i needed to know if people just hate these guys as i do!

I didn't mean these players are "crap" as the word literally means, they might be good enough for their clubs, but i don't think they should be called any more!!

& i think Caracciolo is better/younger than Toni

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Our second forward in Euro 2000 was Delvecchio and this was when he was on his way down.

Italy dont always have a great second forward. As long as you have a damn good first and he plays all the games possible, there is no problem.

Gilardino can be great, Vieri is not what he was and even though he has improved slightly, he still needs to show a bit mroe to reach the Italy squad again. Especially if we are building for in 1 year and a half , hopefully we reach it. Vieri may be even worse at that time!

·
Registered
46,438 Posts
HB21 said:
I think Caracciolo is better/younger than Toni
Younger yes. ;) Better... God knows, in prospect maybe, buy I don't like Caracciolo so much. The fact that Gentile hardly used him in the final phase of the Under 21 Eurofinals and left him home in the last Olympic Games is a warning: unless he improves he has no chance.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Toni you are correct in some ways yet managers dont know everything. Especially Gentile even though he did bring us the Euro U21 championship.

Caracciolo last year I didnt rate so highly but from what Ive seen this yea he has improved. Still I would agree that he should not get a call ahead of Luca Toni just yet. Caracciolo will soon move to a big club it seems, at which point we will see what happens.

·
Registered
46,438 Posts
Some choices of Gentile were debatable... but not so much indeed. When I see the names of some players we had I wonder how could we be the best in Europe. And that without our best Under 21 player, Cassano!
Even the Olympic 3rd place was a very good result, probably the best we could do with those players since surely Argentina and probably Paraguay were better than us.
Indeed I trust more Gentile than Lippi, even if Gentile as CT could mean Cassano out and that would not be good.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
I definitely think the right-side of midfield needs to strengthening, so I don't mind seing Diana get the chance to prove himself. However, I think if Diana gets the chance, so should Marchionni.

·
Registered
5,346 Posts
camoranesi is a gifted player..he adds natural talent to italys rather unspectaculer setup..i belive in him

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Camoranesi is inconsistant but on his best days he is a lot better than Diana, him and Marchionni should be the choices for a right midfielder, IMO. We don't need Corradi, there are better and younger players in his position. Toni is useful but mainly when the whole attacking strategy is built around him, at least that's my impression from the few Palermo games I have seen.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Anomander Rake said:
Camoranesi is inconsistant but on his best days he is a lot better than Diana, him and Marchionni should be the choices for a right midfielder, IMO. We don't need Corradi, there are better and younger players in his position. Toni is useful but mainly when the whole attacking strategy is built around him, at least that's my impression from the few Palermo games I have seen.

Yes i agree
1.Camoranesi
2.Marchionni

Probably Toni will get the best of what he can if the he was a "Target" man in our attack

but what about Fiore, do u think he is useful anywhere either on the right/Left, frankly i've always had faith in Stefano :shades:

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Fiore is an enigma wrapped in a mystery. :) Recently even when he had been great for his club he played awfully for the Azzurri, so I would say he should be a third or fourth choice until he finally manages to play well in a few successive games for the NT.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts