Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Valenciafans, please don't be angry with me starting a new thread, but I came across this news/gossip:
http://www.levante-emv.com/secciones/noticia.jsp?pIdNoticia=72606&pIdSeccion=11

The article says Ajax among other clubs are interested in signing Aimar, does anyone know more about this? Is it absolutely bullsh*t, or can it be true?
This would be fantastic for Ajax if they are able to sign him!

Un saludo cordial,
Julien, Amsterdam

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Juul2k said:
Hello Valenciafans, please don't be angry with me starting a new thread, but I came across this news/gossip:
http://www.levante-emv.com/secciones/noticia.jsp?pIdNoticia=72606&pIdSeccion=11

The article says Ajax among other clubs are interested in signing Aimar, does anyone know more about this? Is it absolutely bullsh*t, or can it be true?
This would be fantastic for Ajax if they are able to sign him!

Un saludo cordial,
Julien, Amsterdam
Yes, the valencian press says that Aimar's agent is going to Valencia because Aimar is tired of his situation. The article menctions Ajax and other English teams, but I don't know anything else.

I don't know if Ajax has enough money to play one of the top stars of La Liga. The main problem is that (with all the respect) going to the Dutch league would be a step back in his career. In any case, this is my opinion.

Let's see what happens in the following weeks. Aimar's departure would be a huge loss for Valencia. Playing Fiore instead of Aimar is really stupid... especially, when they could play together.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
I pray that he comes to Inter, I would love to see him in Serie A in general, but with he most be more constant and try to avoid injruies.

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
How much i would like him to come to Ajax, i don't think he will. First of all, ManU is out of our league in terms of money. Plus he would never come to the dutch league like my friend K4 said. But there would be a big challenge for him here, he would be welcomed with open arms and because of his style of play be an immediate fan favorite. If he would not choose for the money (which would surprise me because almost every footballplayer does), Ajax would be his best option imho.

·
Registered
300 Posts
i hope that he stays at metsalla cos if he does go we are in hraet danger of fading out . well fiore is playing cos he is a coach signing .but all the same raineri should find a way of playing the two of them together and we can get better result ,atleast now that our best other player is injured which is sad news to us but good news to aimar we can see a little bit more of what fiore and aimar can do together on the pitch and sometimes xisco too can be introduced . wish aimar the best on any decision he takes but he should not go to the serie A and not too manu cos he will definietly not make it .

·
A true hero
31,427 Posts
Interista said:
Another player that will turn bad then. United arent good at using established professionals, just look at what happened to Barthez and Veron.
Barthez was great in his first season at Man U, then he started making mistakes. How do you use a goalie in that respect anyway?

Veron was just too slow and ball dwelling for the EPL. There are playmakers who could work there but he wasn't one of them. To be an EPL playmaker you need to be able to move the ball on at speed or carry it at speed before moving on, otherwise the midfield will be all over you. Veron never learned to handle that and just kept going backwards. A perfect example of a guy that does work is Steed Malbranque. I believe Aimar and Rosicky would be the two players most likely to succeed in a playmaking role in EPL.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Aimar would be great in EPL, he has the thinking time and speed off the mark which Veron didn't, he'd fit well in the Arsenal not United, he'd be better in a team that plays high speed.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
aimar is a fantastic player,loaded of skills and it's really a shame to put him in the bench!! :hangover: :wallbang:
if it's going to continue like that,he should find another big team where he can get enough playing time and show all his abilities and skills!!
:star: FORCA AIMAR :star:

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Interista said:
Another player that will turn bad then. United arent good at using established professionals, just look at what happened to Barthez and Veron.
That is rich coming from a supporter of a team that no matter how much money they spend they cannot win anything, as for wasting talents i can name a few for you which Inter have wasted or currently wasting:

Edgar Davids,
Julio Cruz,
Buruk Okan,
ROBBIE KEANE

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Young07 said:
That is rich coming from a supporter of a team that no matter how much money they spend they cannot win anything, as for wasting talents i can name a few for you which Inter have wasted or currently wasting:

Edgar Davids
Julio Cruz
Buruk Okan
ROBBIE KEANE
Obviously you dont know anything about our situation, the players you have were/are not wasted.

Davids: He was rested at the beginning of the season after he played in the Euros for the Dutch and well Cambiasso has done a fantastic job so far for us this season. I for one am not in favour for dropping him just because Davids is back to full fitness. Mancio has admitted to not giving him as much playing time as he would of like time and I am sure this is down to Estabans form so far.

Julio: He was brought in at the last moment as a replacement for Crespo, he is a good squad player. He has responded and done well for us when called into action, take the two games against Juve last season for example. But the reason he hasnt played much, is the club are trying to bring through Obafemi Martins. TBH I would rather see the development of our youth and a player who could be our striker for the next 10 years.

Buruk Okan: He was brought to Inter more for the reason of allowing Emre to settle in, after all he was coming to a foriegn country as far as he was concerned and if he had a friend there with him it would make things easier. Not taking anything away from Okan, he was a smashing little player who scored a couple of important goals to aid Inters cause. But in the end he was getting fed up sitting on the bench, so it was only fair to terminate his contract to allow him a chance of getting first team football at another club.

ROBBIE KEANE: Robbie was unlucky at Inter, he was brought in by lippi. Well you now what happens when a manager is sacked and a new one comes in, he brings his own ideas and wants certain players at the club. At the time we had 7 or 8 strikers at the club which is frankly a ridicolous number, so some players had to go and at the time with Vieri and Ronaldo at the club. it would be hard for him to get a game. So in fairness it worked out for Robbie, he got his move back to the EPL for first team action and we got the money we paid for him back.

Young07 said:
That is rich coming from a supporter of a team that no matter how much money they spend they cannot win anything
That is a reasonable comment to make. Since 1995 Massimo Moratti has been our owner and chairman, the son of Angelo Moratti (The guy who was chairman at the time of our most successful period in our history). Obviously Massimo wanted to repeat his fathers work, I suppose he got a little impatient. Massimo obviously thought that by spending money on the best he was going to get the best (ala Real Madrid), instead of being patient with the team and letting it come together, he spends money each season with the result of instant success which frankly doesnt happen. After all he let Simoni a day after he won the manager of the year award and got Inter playing some of the best football we have ever played and almost won the league, although it didnt help that we werent awarded a blatent pk against the gobbi but obviously Massimo wasnt content with that so Simoni went. Hopefully now hes got Mancio who hes been chasing for a while, things while change for the better. Only how long Max's patients will last is the only thing that will tell.

Any way this is a Valencia thread, so it should be about Valencia.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
1,944 Posts
Aimar is a great player, one of the world's best playmakers. He should demand top-dollar if he was to leave Valencia, and I can't see Ajax being a frontrunner for his signature. Personally, I don't think Aimar would want to go to Ajax anyways. He hasn't featured in a while now and I'm looking forward to seeing him play somewhere else.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Ranieri in El Pais: "You can see the stats of Aimar in Valencia. Has he ever played 3 matches in the same level? All the Valencia coaches can't be wrong: Hector Cuper, Rafa Benitez and I. Everyone love him, I love him too. But he needs to be in good form".

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Just seen this on LFC website, don't know how creditable it is

Claudio Ranieri insists he wants to keep Pablo Aimar, after Liverpool enquired about his availability.
The Argentine star was signed by Reds boss Rafael Benitez during his time with Los Ches.

Now it is understood that Benitez would like to sign Aimar once again.

Aimar is not considered a certain starter for Valencia, having made several appearances from the bench already this season and he is becoming increasingly unsettled.

The Argentine is an undoubted talent and, like so many before him, and no doubt many who will follow, was heralded as the new 'Diego Maradona' upon his arrival in Europe.

He has not fulfilled his full potential so far, but he is still regarded as one of the most dangerous players in the world.

Aimar would no doubt relish the chance to link up with Benitez at Anfield, but even the interest in the Argentine would lead to suggestions about the future of some of Benitez's current squad - particularly captain Steven Gerrard.

However, Ranieri has issued a swift rebuttal of the rumours - insisting he wants Aimar to stay.

"Aimar is a very important player for us and I do not believe that there is a desire to leave Valencia," said Ranieri.

Aimar's representatives, including Gustavo Mascardi, are planning a visit to Valencia to meet with the club's president Juan Bautista Soler.

It is thought that if no assurances are given that Aimar will feature more prominently in the starting XI, then the player will look for a summer move.

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=246397&cpid=23&CLID=&lid=2&title=Benitez+keen+on+Aimar&channel=Football_Home

1 - 20 of 51 Posts