Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Argentinian playmaker has enjoyed a successful spell at the Mestalla since making his debut on February 14, 2001, and is this season hoping for his third Primera Liga title.

"I remember that moment very well because it was in the most important competition (Champions League) against Manchester United," he said.

"It was then that I realised how great the club and fans of Valencia are and I am grateful for the support they have given and I have tried to pay them back with my best football.

"I have grown as a footballer and a person. I have grown roots in this ground and I appreciate the good times that I have had here in the last five years.

"I hope that we can now continue with the great run that we are on at the moment and become the solid team that we have been in the past and fight for the championship.

"The best moments I have had have been winning titles here and helping the team become the best in the world. I have been fortunate enough to be able to win them and I believe that we have a team which can start being successful again."

"I feel good because the more minutes I have played the more confidence I have and I want to continue on this path," said the Slovenian.

"This league is incomparable to what I have been used to as here especially it is a lot faster. In order for me to improve I need to play more because otherwise my form will drop."

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pablo Cesar Aimar (born November 3, 1979 in Rio Cuarto, Argentina) is an Argentinian football player, who currently plays attacking midfielder for Valencia of the Spanish Liga.

Aimar began his ascent to stardom with River Plate, whose first team he joined for the 1997/8 season after rejecting a place at medical school, and with whom he quickly established himself as one of the best young players in Argentina.

Valencia signed Aimar in 2001, at a price of 24 million Euros. The purchase proved justified, however, as Aimar helped lead the team to a first-place finish in the 2001/2 Spanish season, as well as to a 2001 UEFA Champions League final, in which they were defeated by Bayern Munich. Aimar also has won the UEFA Cup with Valencia, defeating Olympique Marseille in 2004. Aimar has been injured in and out recently.

Aimar played for Argentina in the 2002 World Cup. He is nicknamed "El Payaso", the Clown. Other nicknames include "El Cai", "El Pibe" and "El Mago". Diego Maradona later said that Aimar was "his legitimate successor as the world's best player" and that he would pay to watch Aimar play.

·
anti-epl
2,076 Posts
Seems Maradona has changed tracks.

Maradona: Messi Is My Successor

Argentina legend Diego Maradona has officially named Lionel Messi as his natural successor.

"I have seen the player who will inherit my place in Argentinian football and his name is Messi," he said.

"Messi is beautiful to watch - my kind of player in our blue and white jersey.

"He's a leader and is offering classes in beautiful football. He has something different to any other player in the world.

"Messi is the best player in the world, along with Ronaldinho. I see him as very similar to me."

At just 18, Messi has turned in a series of impressive performances for Barcelona this season.

Anyway i hope Aimar makes it into the world cup.If he can stay out from injuries it would do us & him wonders.He does have competetion not only from Messi but also from Riquelme.

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
messi idolizes aimar anyway so...

Yeah he will be facing a lot of competition playing for argentina. damn.. they always produce playmaking masters. I think messi should start before aimar or riquelme.

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
He's a great player, should've been atleast in the top 3 La Liga players if it wasn't for his injuries. I always admired him. He's one of the finest players I've seen, super dribbling and trickery. Can score from anywhere and surely knows how to assist.

·
Registered
9,409 Posts
No you've said that for a year or so :D Anyway yes Messi is I suppose the better player but one cannot compare the two because they're playing style is so different and they don't have the same roles on the pitch.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Culéd said:
It's like I've always said. Respect to Aimar, but Messi is simply better.
valenciaholic said:
messi idolizes aimar anyway so...

Yeah he will be facing a lot of competition playing for argentina. damn.. they always produce playmaking masters. I think messi should start before aimar or riquelme.
It's not right to compare both players. Aimar is more of a playmaker/supporting striker while messi is in fact a winger/forward. Aimar's greatest asset is his vision while messi's pace and dribbles are amazing.

Put it this way, In the NT, Aimar will complete with Riquelme and Messi has Saviola as rival. Messi and Saviola is more similar in terms of pace, build and position. In fact NT seriously lack of a true powerhorse striker. (Eg. Crespo, Batigol)

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
With the form Crespo, Milito and Cruz are in we should be fine for the center-forward position..Also Tevez can play in this position.

I have always liked Aimar and feel that he has regained his form this season after injuries held him back for so long. Would love to see him in the WC and starting both Riquelme and Aimar is probable, they compliment each other well and in fact this is what Pekerman did back in 1997, when both of these players formed part of Argentina's triumphant squad that won the world youth cup that year.

Tears4Fears said:
It's not right to compare both players. Aimar is more of a playmaker/supporting striker while messi is in fact a winger/forward. Aimar's greatest asset is his vision while messi's pace and dribbles are amazing.

Put it this way, In the NT, Aimar will complete with Riquelme and Messi has Saviola as rival. Messi and Saviola is more similar in terms of pace, build and position. In fact NT seriously lack of a true powerhorse striker. (Eg. Crespo, Batigol)

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Imagine this attaking four:

--------Milito/Crespo-------
Riquelme----Aimar-----Messi

Argentina will destroy all their oponents with that playmaking ability.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Imagine this attaking four:

--------Milito/Crespo-------
Riquelme----Aimar-----Messi
I prefer this one:

--------------Roman---------------
-----------------------Aimar-------
---Messi---------------------------
----------------Tevez--------------

and even an under 22 with Pablito like this:

-----Gago----------Mascherano--------
--------------Aimar-------------------
---Messi----------------------Aguero---
--------------Tevez--------------------

I even dare to put these ones in WC.

On topic? what can I say I love Pablito...BUT!! I always thought he must be MORE electrical and sellfish, while Vicente LESS electrical and sellfish....plus this GREAT VILLA, and you have a formidable offensive line. You have my two by far fauvorite actual spanish players.

Nevertheless, when are you going to buy a real organizer, a 5, in the middle to assit Pablo as mediapunta or second striker, instead of him struggling from one position to the other and also hustilng, no wonder he gets imjured quite easy, this is one reason besides the obvious fragile physic.

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah with solid DMF like Albelda, we should try to have a second mediapunta.either that or play two attackers infront of Aimar so that he can create. It will be interesting to see what flores does when vicente returns and reguierro is on fire. maybe he can use the regueirro as this second mediapunto.

How is this:

----------------Villa---------------
Vicente---Reguierro--Aimar---Angulo
---------------Albelda-------------

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Me encantan estas esquemas..hay que poner los mejores asi hacen sentir la capacidad futbolistico que cada uno de ellos pueden aportar..Creo q vamos a andar bien. Ojala la sele puede hacer un lindo partido la semana entrante..

Fangio said:
I prefer this one:

--------------Roman---------------
-----------------------Aimar-------
---Messi---------------------------
----------------Tevez--------------

and even an under 22 with Pablito like this:

-----Gago----------Mascherano--------
--------------Aimar-------------------
---Messi----------------------Aguero---
--------------Tevez--------------------

I even dare to put these ones in WC.

On topic? what can I say I love Pablito...BUT!! I always thought he must be MORE electrical and sellfish, while Vicente LESS electrical and sellfish....plus this GREAT VILLA, and you have a formidable offensive line. You have my two by far fauvorite actual spanish players.

Nevertheless, when are you going to buy a real organizer, a 5, in the middle to assit Pablo as mediapunta or second striker, instead of him struggling from one position to the other and also hustilng, no wonder he gets imjured quite easy, this is one reason besides the obvious fragile physic.

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Primero perdon a los CHES por la intromision, contesto esto a Czar (que es un Señor como sabran y no un sorete como yo y no jodo mas con mis argentinadas jaja sorry!), gracias de antemano gente.

Dicho sea de paso, es buen intento ese Valenciaholic, me gusta viejo, Aimar necesita a alguien, solo se descose: va viene, corre marca, se cansa, se golpea, y produce mucho menos en ofensiva donde se lo necesita, a veces parece tira el centro y lo tiene que ir cabecar. Lo mismo Villa, se caga a golpes con toda la defensa, baja, acompaña a Aimar, esos dos se estan deslomando. Asi ambos, no gigantes precisamente se lesionan enseguida de tanto roce.

El otro dia Aimar, en una jugada sin consecuencias, pero protegiendo la pelota entre tres, la piso, cambio de pierna (si tiene alguien el video de ese momento que la TV no repitio, que lo guarde, hermoso!!! que habilidad tiene el HdP) y esquivo como cuatro patadas, si hubiera tenido a alguien que aprovechara esa limpieza de la jugada (creo Albelada la recibio y la tiro a la tribuna poco menos jaja).

Pero ta bien, Albelda reparte a lo loco y hace lo suyo, se la banca el pibe, a Marchena si no lo puedo ver [perdon], y se extraña el Baraja de pasadas temporadas, esta erratico, no se que le pasa, porque tiene clase Baraja.

Me encantan estas esquemas..hay que poner los mejores asi hacen sentir la capacidad futbolistico que cada uno de ellos pueden aportar..Creo q vamos a andar bien. Ojala la sele puede hacer un lindo partido la semana entrante..
Si pero no va pasar, tal vez la proxima, viejo. La realidad marca que Crespo va jugar, que muy probablemente se juegue solo por un Aimar, Tevez o Messi, y con suerte por dos.

Ahora!! lo unico que le reprocharia a Jose, es no haber formado el que es posible ahora con Roman-Aimar; Tevez-Messi, desde hace rato, para que la caguen 10 partidos que ni importan, y al 11 empezar a descocerla..y ahi? no los paras mas.

Aparte!! donde vas a encontrar tipos peleando por un puesto, de clubes rivales, que se quieran tanto entre si? Roman admira Aimar, Tevez a Roman, Masche a Tevez, Messi a Aimar...parecen los Village People!! hahaha hasta si estuviero Andres, este se lleva fenomeno con Tevez y MAsche, agregale a LUcho G. que es mas bueno que la mierda, ni problemas de egos habria.

Y para cubrirlos? primero te cagan a patadas: Cambiasso, Mascherano, De MIchelis, hasta Gago si va etc...agregale Sorin, Zanetti, y si pasas? te atienden Collocca (asesino ajja), Ayala!!, Heinze!! y Samuel!! y Gonzalito y Milito que de ito tienen el nombre nomas, o sea...tampoco argentina se regalaria con estos jugadores para cubrir la parte defensiva.

Eso si!! Recordarle a Zanetti que no es Garrincha gambeteando por ahi, a Sorin que no es 9, a Cambiasso que ya estan Roman y Aimar en el equipo, etc...porque a veces creen etsan en la plaza y se van todos al ataque como bobos.

En fin, aun posible en papel? no lo vamos a ver ni con Jose, con lo que quiere a estos jugadores, y con lo que le gusta el futbol ofensivo, que le vas cer, no es nuevo, siempre un Maradona, Gallardo, Riquelme, Trobbiani, Saviola, Alonso, Bochini, etc etc etc o jugando poco o nada, Karma que le dicen.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
fangio, it wil be funny if you write all this and then valenciaholic doesnt speak spanish :D :D

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I think Pekerman will play Aimar and Riquelme together at the WC, with Milito or Crespo ahead of them! Two of the worlds best passers behind a lethal striker will be devastating!

Gago would be a dream signing for us, although not necessarily needed with Albelda, Albiol, Edu, Baraja and Hugo Viana here!

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Maximiliano said:
fangio, it wil be funny if you write all this and then valenciaholic doesnt speak spanish :D :D
acually my spanish isn't that good but i used a google translation program and you made some good points fangio.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts