Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manchester United - Reds alerted in midfield chase

04 Apr 2006 11:42

Manchester United could rekindle their interest in Valencia midfielder Pablo Aimar after it emerged the Argentinian ace could leave the Spanish outfit in the summer.

Aimar is one of the most gifted playmakers in Europe, but has fallen out with manager Quique Flores and looks set to be on the move at the end of the season.

United are sure to sign at least two midfielders this summer and while a defensive option is the top priority Sir Alex Ferguson is keen to bring in an attacking option.

Juan Roman Riquelme has been linked but a more realistic alternative could be his Argentine teammate Aimar but Liverpool are also keen and Rafa Benitez knows Aimar well from his time as Valencia boss.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I like the idea of bringing in the Argies. A good playmaker and a DM player are essential. The world cup could push prices way high though. Lets hope Gill is working on these transfers now, and has already got his targets :thumbsup:

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Even riquelme could, the guy is class. Sure he is slow, but just check him play, if we build the team around him (let him a free role - no tracking back) he still will make defenders look like fools.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
im willing to take the risk for aplayer like Aimar! We have giggsy,who is injury prone too,but he manages to saty fit most of the time... Aimar would be fine.

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
I would love to see Pablo Aimar at Manchester United. He is a great player, one of my favorite, and I would really like it if he played for us.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
can anybody understand why ruud is uniteds no. 10??? I have no clue, shouldnt he have got number 9? Im just thinking Aimar should get no. 10 as he is a true no. 10

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
natural goalscorers get the 10. Aimar would be a number 8 which means that rooney gets number 9 .

Aimar and requleme are both very similar. Both argentinian, pacey, and very creative.

Aimar would be amore realistic target than requelme cos he actually wants to leave. Plus the fact he will be a lot cheaper than requleme.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts