Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Argentinean media are reporting that Barcelona are very interested in sigining Aimar and that they will make a formal offer for his services in July.

Hope he stays at Valencia though I understand that Valencia re going through a financial crisis at the moment and this could be influential in the mangements' decsion making in selling Aimar to a rival club.

·
Registered
76 Posts
why would aimar go down to a worse team???

this news not true.......barca has riquelme come back at end of season and its crazy to see aimar,ronaldinho, roman in one team !!

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
hope INTER sign him... :D

·
Registered
518 Posts
For the sake of Valencia, it might be time for Aimar to go. If he still do not show the absolute top class he had been, selling him might be a choice for $$$

Perhaps, the Mista - Oliveira combo might work out?

·
Registered
555 Posts
To be honest czar, i'd be quite surprised if aimar goes go to barca.
to me it would seem that barca's intentions would be more focused on getting maybe another proven striker, you know with kluiverts enigma and maybe the loaning of saviola which i hope is not true.

also strenghtning their backline and sorting out their goal keeper situation

with ronnie pulling the strings there it's hard for me to see a next playmaker join the seen, but i guess when you've got rui &kaka for milan and zizou & figo for real working out, may be it wouldn't be a bad idea;)

still i do believe aimar should be at a bigger stage, and i feel a move to seria a seems more reasonable,especially with inter as they're really longing for a playmaker but i guess i'd rather see him at barca;)

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Max Depor said:
The answer is money
Max Depor said:
this news not true.......
The news is true to the extent that Aimar has always interested the Barcelona management. Now, do they bring him in? Thats another story all together.
Max Depor said:
barca has riquelme come back at end of season and its crazy to see aimar,ronaldinho, roman in one team !!
Riquleme won't be playing for Barcelona again, even Laporta commented on that. He will be sold or loaned again.

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
I have feared this moment for sometime now and I do have a bad feeling that this is going to be Aimar's last season with us, I hope I'm wrong though!

Selling him to Barcelona would be a BIG mistake though. Just imagine Aimar and Ronaldinho playing for the same team, scary! Without Aimar, if we don't get a replacement for him(I don't think anyone can replace him that is available..) we would no longer be a title contender, we would be fighting for a CL IMO, even if we get a finisher!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Aimar and Saviola together would be beautiful to watch, but I'd rather Saviola went the other way, not Aimar.

He is almost irreplaceable, especially considering his age and potential, yet also his proven quality. If Valencia cannot qualify for the CL, I can see him going for big cash, to enable Valencia to rebuild with several fresh faces. However, so long as Valencia can stay at the sharp end of the league, trading places with RM at the top, I think he'll stay. The best league in the world, they say, and at one of the top two teams in it. Why move? Aimar never seemed to be the money grabbing type to me.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Rino said:
Why move? Aimar never seemed to be the money grabbing type to me.
I tend to agree with you. The money issue is complex though, becuase its not just money for him, its for the club and those guys are money grabbers :rolleyes:

The other issue that makes me think that he might want to leave is that I don't think he likes Rafa.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
could ronaldinho and aimar co-exist at barca???

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Why not??

Just buy a decent striker (Luis Fabiano) and Barcelona will have one of the most feared strike force of the world;) Putting them back on track were they belong.. the elite of world football

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Aimar certainly isn´t money grabbing guy, but we have take in consideration that someday he´ll be sold. The question is what are we gonna do when it happens! Do you guys think we could still continue with 4-2-3-1 and would Jorge Lopez be able to fill Aimar´s boots for example?

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
NEO said:
Aimar certainly isn´t money grabbing guy, but we have take in consideration that someday he´ll be sold. The question is what are we gonna do when it happens! Do you guys think we could still continue with 4-2-3-1 and would Jorge Lopez be able to fill Aimar´s boots for example?
If Aimar was to leave(God forbid) I think we should switch to 4-4-2, get a target man to play alongside Oliviera and depend o the wings and Baraja to provide the offensive play while also keeping our defensive balance.

·
Registered
518 Posts
barça said:

The other issue that makes me think that he might want to leave is that I don't think he likes Rafa.
Ya, I agrees with you too. There's some slight issue between both of them that needs to be sorted out. Hopefully they do...

Ze da Fiel said:
Why not??
Just buy a decent striker (Luis Fabiano) and Barcelona will have one of the most feared strike force of the world;) Putting them back on track were they belong.. the elite of world football
Your opinion is so biased. How reliable would your comments be?
:rolleyes:

NEO said:
and would Jorge Lopez be able to fill Aimar´s boots for example?
I think u are really day dreaming about J.Lopez replacing Aimar. No offence mate. Lopez was NO WHERE near to Aimar standards. They were different category of players and Lopez really lacks the class to be in the World Players List. *sigh*

NEO said:
The question is what are we gonna do when it happens! Do you guys think we could still continue with 4-2-3-1
Yes. That is wht my point was initially. Aimar as a classic attacking playmaker, flavours a AMC position. Alternatively, he could be played as a Forward but he will be more efficient in a AMC role.
While Valencia couldn't deploy a 4-1-2-1-2 (Or similar twin strikers formation), we are currently struck with a 4-2-3-1.

A 4-4-2 might do us good as it give us more offensive edge plus we have withnessed the initial Mista-Oliveira combo! If a 4-4-2 is the way to go, I'm sorry to say that Aimar has to leave. Unless Albelda/Baraja leaves and Aimar plays as an AMC role in MC position, then that's another story.

Overall, we have to weight the pros & cons of both Aimar staying/leaving. As long as there's greater benefit for the club, it should be e way.

:smileani:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Actually I was just asking if J. Lo could play there not saying that he´s anywhere near Aimar. Just wanted to know if we had to change the system if Aimar goes though I still think Canobbio or J. Lo (wasn´t he playing the hole at Villarreal?) could play that position! And don´t you think Rafa and Pablito are little bit too old and wise to keep this kind of hatred between themselves, to me this won´t be the issue if he leaves!

·
Random Dropout
1,508 Posts
Max Depor said:

For the same reason Ayala wanted like mad to be a Blaugrana or blanco in the summer.Because FC Barcelona even now in mid table places is a 20 times bigger and more prestigious club than Valencia and Depor who are living the best days of their history.Mind you Barça are not spenting to stay in these places for ever

Its not that difficult to see.Apart from money and titles,footballers want to look back at their carreer and see that they've played for a big-not top-BIG club.Thats why i have a laugh when i hear about Arsenal or Roma fans talking about Henry's or Totti's devotion while Madrid is knocking

And its not like Aimar is going to conquer the world with Valencia
:rolleyes:

It would ruin Iniesta's development but hey imagine Aimar in the centre and Ronaldinho roaming on a free role on the left or the right..or even as a support striker.That would be scary

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
surely with ronaldinho, riquelme and others at barca, Aimar couldnt be a target. unless they are going to clean out the club, which apparently they may be doing, ie. saviola, riquelme, kluivert may all be gone next season.

just sell Aimar to juve and be done with it;)

·
Registered
778 Posts
And its not like Aimar is going to conquer the world with Valencia
Why not? :rolleyes: They already almost conquered Europe twice! :rolleyes: He also won the Liga with Valencia and is probably on the way of winning a second one! Barcelona may be more prestigious, but Valencia is a better team these days (and has been for the past few seasons).
Your comment was misguided... :rolleyes:
Thats why i have a laugh when i hear about Arsenal or Roma fans talking about Henry's or Totti's devotion while Madrid is knocking
I wouldn't bet on Henry leaving for Real just yet...

Ziad

·
Registered
396 Posts
Valencia might not be prestige but it is a good club. I live in Asia and Valencia gain quite a reputation since their 2 finals in UCL and is now consider as one of the 4 giants of Spanish football clubs by the sports people here. Well I have to admit that La Liga got more exposure in certain Asian countries (including mine) since you know who came to Madrid (not counting Japan, La Liga has long been popular there). We won't go into that but it is a fact. But the good thing from that is we get more live La Liga matches. I get to see every Valencia league matches in this season. In the past, it used to be just 5-6 matches per season for clubs (Madrids and Barca got more). More people see the way Valencia play, I mean real football fans who don't really care about who's who in football and they love Valencia. No big names, just team works and this is what football is all about.
Anyway you can't stop if money comes calling and Aimar wish to leave because Valencia do need the money and he is big bucks for the club.
But we scored 9 goals without Aimar already. I mean he is Valencia now. No Aimar means no creativity in the field but I love the guy and I will cheer him wherever he goes.
I thought Valencia will sink when Mendi left and hey, who was the champ the first year that he left and get stronger by the minute.
But I would love it if he stays with the club thst stick to football as it should play.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts