Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arquero: Leonardo Franco (Atlético Madrid, España)

Defensores: Gabriel Milito (Zaragoza, España), Gonzalo Rodríguez (Villarreal, España), Diego Placente (Bayern Leverkusen, Alemania), Nicolás Burdisso (Inter, Italia), Fabricio Coloccini (Milan, Italia), Leandro Cufré (Roma, Italia), Gabriel Heinze (Manchester United, Inglaterra) y Juan Pablo Sorín (Villarreal, España).

Mediocampistas: Juan Román Riquelme (Villarreal, España), Lucas Bernardi (Mónaco, Francia), Pablo Aimar (Valencia, España), Aldo Duscher y Lionel Scaloni (Deportivo La Coruña, España), Maximiliano Rodríguez (Espanyol, España), Leonardo Ponzio (Zaragoza, España), Javier Zanetti, Esteban Cambiasso (Inter, Italia) y Santiago Solari (Real Madrid, España).

Delanteros: Luciano Galletti (Zaragoza, España), Javier Saviola (Mónaco, Francia) y Hernán Crespo (Milan, Italia).

Pekerman didnt want to call any player from SA, strange to see Duscher name in this list, I know he cant make it to the team while having Mascherano and Lucho, and I never thought watching Samuel not in the list if he's not injured but anyway he sucks with Real.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Scaloni and Galletti played well against Catalonia, will be interesting to see them again in this match.

And Pekerman hasn't lost his faith in Crespo... :)

·
Registered
342 Posts
will be interesting

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
a mi me alcanza con Roman y AImar, anyaway I think is all about Euro boys this time, cause no Lucho, Masche...and Duscher??????????? Ponzio???????????? (even this last one once looked good, but once...)

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
I like the list, very happy that Roman and Pablito might be both starting at the same time. I thik he'll play Crespo and Saviola up front, and both of them should get great service from what looks like a stong midfield. I think that some local players will be called up, so probably look for El Pato, Mascherano and Lucho to be added to the list.

·
18,041 Posts
Well I like the majority of the names, and of course always will be another almost team out, but is good to try things, he doesn't forget about Ayala, Samuel, Lucho Gonzalez, Tevez, Andres, Mascherano, etc.... I just only would like instead of a Duscher a Battaglia, that only problem is his wife not adapting and his willing to be in Boca, but as he recover in many ways Roman, Maxi, etc..he can do with Seba, even not being one of his boys, Duscher is at the max a good player, not more...also I will like to see how Palacio can perform, he has aome old days irreverence that may be he mantein in the NT, after all didn't Masche played more in the NT before than River? well I have a similar sensation with Palacio...

·
Registered
890 Posts
Great names in yer squad... I hope ya beat germans...

PS: some years ago I have no beloved player from Argentina side... now I have even five :D Heinze, Crespo, Tevez, Aimar and Coloccini :star:

·
Registered
300 Posts
AC Milan striker Hernan Crespo has been recalled by Argentina for their friendly international against Germany next month.
Coach Jose Pekerman also named Spain-based midfielders Juan Roman Riquelme, who has been in fine form for Villarreal, and Pablo Aimar in an all European-based 20-man squad announced on Tuesday night for the game in Duesseldorf on February 9.

Crespo last played for Argentina in a World Cup qualifier against Paraguay in June and, having missed the Copa America in July, has recently returned to form at Milan following his loan move from Chelsea in the European off-season.

World Cup playmaker Aimar, who has been plagued by injury, has missed Argentina's last 14 matches including the Copa America. He last appeared against Brazil in June.

Argentina will use the match as a warm-up for World Cup qualifiers away to Bolivia and at home against Colombia at the end of March.

Squad:

Goalkeeper: Leonardo Franco (Atletico Madrid)

Defenders: Gabriel Milito (Real Zaragoza), Gonzalo Rodriguez (Villarreal), Diego Placente (Bayer Leverkusen), Nicolas Burdisso (Inter Milan), Fabricio Coloccini (AC Milan), Leandro Cufre (AS Roma), Gabriel Heinze (Manchester United)

Midfielders: Juan Roman Riquelme (Villarreal), Lucas Bernardi (Monaco), Pablo Aimar (Valencia), Aldo Duscher, Lionel Scaloni (both Deportivo Coruna), Maximiliano Rodriguez (Espanyol), Leonardo Ponzio (Real Zaragoza), Javier Zanetti, Esteban Cambiasso (both Inter Milan)

Forwards: Luciano Galletti (Real Zaragoza), Javier Saviola (Monaco), Hernan Crespo (AC Milan).

·
Registered
248 Posts
Ayala just returned from injury , so I dont think Peker wants to use him now ! Samuel should of been picked because the central Deff i think is gonna be weak . Aldo is better than Battaglia , I watched some of his games and has a great presence , glad to see him on the NT but he's no Mashe . Hope the formation would be in Midfield ( Aldo , Scaloni , aimar , Riquelme , Solari is a must for sure ) .

Would of liked to see Cavenaghi and not galletti !!!!

I dont think peker is gonna play aimar and riquelme together , because he likes the 4-4-2 formation and likes to use a Def-midfield . Aimar would probebly be a bench warmer for this game . he's not in great form either .

·
18,041 Posts
Ayala has picked a god damn injury last night and will be off for 2 months!
In many ways he deserved, he made an awufull punch with his elbow out of nothing first, he is damn too good for being so idiot in such acts...

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Well Fangio no offense but sometimes and as much as you know what you are talking about as much as you sometimes talk out of your bum! For god's sake, nobody deserves a broken bone in one of his rips because he made something bad like giving an elbow to somebody's face! He is Argentine, and he will be out for another 2 months, he is Argentina's captin and best defender, he is our lose!

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
It seems that Pekerman has called only one player from the locals, Abbondanzeneri Boca's keeper. I wanted to see Lisandro Lopez and Palacio having some minutes against Germany.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
The German 20:

Goalkeepers: Oliver Kahn (Bayern Munich), Jens Lehmann (Arsenal London).

Defenders: Frank Fahrenhorst (Werder Bremen), Arne Friedrich (Hertha Berlin), Andreas Hinkel (Stuttgart), Per Mertesacker (Hannover 96), Patrick Owomoyela (Arminia Bielefeld), Christian Schulz (Werder Bremen), Christian Woerns (Borussia Dortmund).

Midfielders: Michael Ballack (Bayern Munich), Torsten Frings (Bayern Munich), Bastian Schweinsteiger (Bayern Munich), Fabian Ernst (Werder Bremen), Paul Freier (Bayer Leverkusen), Bernd Schneider (Bayer Leverkusen), Thomas Hitzlsperger (Aston Villa).

Forwards: Miroslav Klose (Werder Bremen), Kevin Kuranyi (Stuttgart), Gerald Asamoah (Schalke), Lukas Podolski (FC Cologne).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts