Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ROME, June 19 (Reuters) - Italian soccer club Perugia has cut its ties with South Korea's Ahn Jung-hwan after he scored the goal which knocked Italy out of the World Cup, Perugia's chairman was quoted as saying on Wednesday.

'That gentleman will never set foot in Perugia again,' Luciano Gaucci told sports' daily La Gazzetta dello Sport.

Italy has reacted with fury to Tuesday's shock 2-1 defeat to South Korea, accusing the referee and soccer's ruling body FIFA of fixing the match.

Ahn, who missed a penalty earlier in the match, was hailed as a national hero when he headed home the golden goal winner in the 116th minute.

But his goal was viewed in a different light at Perugia in central Italy, where he has been viewed as an under-achiever during his stay at the club.

'He was a phenomenon only when he played against Italy. I am a nationalist and I regard such behaviour not only as an affront to Italian pride but also an offence to a country which two years ago opened its doors to him,' Gaucci was quoted as saying.

'I have no intention of paying a salary to someone who has ruined Italian soccer.'

Ahn joined Perugia on loan from the South Korean team Pusan I.cons in the summer of 2000. He scored five goals in 29 appearances.

A Perugia spokesman said on Wednesday the club had virtually decided to release Ahn even before the World Cup tie.

(ESPN)

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Wow, I can't believe what an embarassment Gaucci is to Italian soccer. What kind of mentality is this?:rolleyes:

Scoring against Italy gets the player cut? What brilliant rationale. Does he want the players to tank their matches against the Azzurri or what?:mad:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Reality beats fantasy again... Crazy, couldn't help laughing at this Perugia director.. Ahn has done well at this WC - why not just put him on a transfer list??? Guess he's worth some millions now...
A couple of Danish players have had a hard time at Perugia as they got a crazy board of directors...

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
This Perugia director is a joke and a shame for all italian football. Ridiculous. :tongue:

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
I feel your pain my European brother, but may I ask one question? How many of your players were ejected in that game? I wasn't able to see the whole game.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can;t blame Gaucci, I wonder what would happen if Ahn still plays for Perugia... boycott? unstopable protest ? reduce ticket sales ? being the most hated club in Italy ?

Not worth it, Ahn proved that Italy still has its tradition and it's the best of it!!!

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Soccer star

we had one guy sent off on the count of two yellows, the latter being for a dive, which was a tackle (CLEAN ONE) but the player still fell.

also we ahd a perfect goal pulled back (TOMMASI) so all in all the refs screwed us in the end

but that would of been irrelevant had we ahd a competent coach

Lav

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Actually this is not such big a deal. Indeed, Gaucci is a crazy bastard and well known in Italy to pull a lot of weird stunts. But Ahn's contract with Perugia were to expire on June 30th anyway. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Lav said:
Soccer star

we had one guy sent off on the count of two yellows, the latter being for a dive, which was a tackle (CLEAN ONE) but the player still fell.

also we ahd a perfect goal pulled back (TOMMASI) so all in all the refs screwed us in the end

but that would of been irrelevant had we ahd a competent coach

Lav
What got me mad(though I'm not an Italian fan) was when Totti was called for that stupid foul. WTF!? Happened there? FIFA is starting to piss alot of people off, well the refs I may say since we don't actually know if FIFa set it up.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
5 denied goals in 3 games... WTF?!?!

Well, I always admire Serie A and Italian Football, even though I support german in this WC.

Such thing sooner or later will ruin football, they should regulate new rule that allow ref to review the incident using the monitor, just like they do in American Football (Coach's challange)

In order to get fair, detail, and right decision on everything.

Iand for byron, the (d1ck-sucker), he must out of soccer....

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Magic#10 said:
Reality beats fantasy again... Crazy, couldn't help laughing at this Perugia director.. Ahn has done well at this WC - why not just put him on a transfer list??? Guess he's worth some millions now...
A couple of Danish players have had a hard time at Perugia as they got a crazy board of directors...
Well, there would be a problem putting Ahn to the transfer list as he is (was) only on loan to Perugia...

·
Registered
765 Posts
If he's only on loan that'd make this director look even more stupid...

I have heard Ahn's contract expires in 10 days...making this "brave" sacking of Ahn just lame!

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
Its a good thing not all Italians have that mentality....Had it been the opposite ., Marcelos Salas would have never made it to the Calcio, after scoring 2 goals against Italy in the 98 WC !!!

:eek:

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Gaucci is just a knob. I've always thought that and know he has completely erased the little doubt that I had in my mind. He is complete bonkers!!!!!!!!!!!

We did not do ourselves justice. We should have killed the game off against Korea. They deserved to win. They did not give up and now I hope they go on to win it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts