·
Registered
60,550 Posts
And what are they protesting against ?

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anything and everything... the Ref... the FA... the kitchen sink...

Their president wrote a long whingy press statement denouncing everything from officiating in games to coordination with tournament organisers regarding timetables.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
LOL it does look like "3alemny el 7ob". Is that whats actually written?

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Not that I'm an Ahlawi.. But it seems Itti memories are short termed.. Remember when Al Hilal won that final using their usual 12th guy (the ref.. I think his name was Abu Zinda).. Al Ittihad fans, board members and president were moaning for months..

Then again, after watching the Wihda-Hilal cup tie.. I know really know why NOT watching Saudi Football is good for your health.. and it would excuse any objections on refereeing here.. be it Itti, Ahli, Wihda or anyone else.. except for Al Nasr who object even if things go their way.. :yuck:

Oh for those who don't know.. an injury hit Al Wihda played Al Hilal in Makkah..
The ref gave 7 yellow cards to Al Wihda.. 1 for Al Hilal (when a player nearly chopped another player's legs off!!)..
funny part was Al Wihda lost 2 players to injuries from bad tackles.. Al Hilal lost none..
The ref gave 4 additional minutes at the end of the 2nd half..
Then, at 0-0, gave Al Hilal a penalty (a unbelievable dive) at the end of the 4th minute..

Al Hilal scored.. the game ended 5 seconds later..

:yuck: and we wonder why our NT sucks!! :yuck:

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yasser,
I have to shoot off now, so I don't have time to reply to your post properly right now. I'll return later to comment. :)

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Yasir,

Sorry for the late reply...

Look, I'm generally somebody who's not sympathetic to people who complain about the ref. People complain about the ref, in every single game of football, shouting for a penalty, or a red card or offside. 99.9999% of all these calls are bunk, and in the calm of day they'll admit it deep inside. But Arabs in particular don't like to lose face, so they stand their ground and argue the point to the bitter end. And even the decisions which were wrong calls, you have to accept that refs are human and make mistakes.

It has to be something pretty extreme for the cry of cheating to be credible, and the kind of things Ahlawis and Nassrawis moan about certainly aren't.

As for the AbuZanda incident, I have to say it was one of the most shocking decisions I've ever seen. A corner that was bundled in to the goal, but cleared out with the defender's hand (after it crossed the line), the last decision you'd expect the ref to make was give the decision to the defending team and send off a player from the attacking team. And it was it a critical moment in a final.

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Hi HiJazzey..

To say the least, I couldn't agree more with what u said.. and yes, I agree that Ahli and Nasr supporters more than others moan about their club..

But believe me, through the years.. I've heard the weirdest of objections from Ittihadi players and fans.. one of which was the rain.. so in other words.. the 11 Itti players had small clouds over their heads pouring rain on them while the other team was in sunny Hawaii!! I believe not only is it in our blood to continue arguing when we know we're wrong.. but it's in our blood to complain.. and the refs are the first scape goat that clubs and fans find to throw the blame..

With that said, Refs don't find it easy anywhere.. The fact that Frisk has retired due to the threats and media attention after the Barca-Chelsea game prove that.. In England, there's always a specific attention on refs (especially if u're a QPR fan :tongue: kidding..) But the issue here is that our refs never admit that they DID make a mistake.. and the stupid ex-refs who comment in sports shows support them regardless.. and the stupid commentator throws praise on him all through the match even if he made a mistake.. WHY?!! What's so wrong in saying "I think he got that call wrong!"..

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Rain clouds over our players! :dielaugh:

That's a good one, I'll have to remember it. We're definitely creative in our excuses :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts