Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Mesopotamian
1,469 Posts
Ahmed Rahdi he Played for Al-Zawra
he won best Asian Player of the Year 88 (and he was the first one)
Best Arabi Player of The Year 88
Best Gulf Player of the Tournament 88
Best Iraqi Player of the Year 88

he is the Best Iraqi Ever. and he is my super star
he scored the only goal for Iraq in the World Cup 1986
over Belgium

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
whats surprising about Ahmed Radhi is that he had a pretty long career....and a successful one.

great player, to me remembered as one of the greats definately :thmbup: :thmbup: :thmbup: :thmbup: :thmbup: :thmbup: :thmbup: :thmbup: :thmbup: :thmbup: :thmbup:

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
He is a legend no doubt about that, playing with both legs, a great header and freekicker, everything you fancy. However, I think the Iraqi team at that time was great enough to big up a player like Ahmed Radhi, players like Saad Qais(The best Arabic player ever for me), Laith Hussain and Habib Jafaar in the middle of the pitch can make me a geat scorer!

·
Mesopotamian
1,469 Posts
Barca_AT19 said:
whats surprising about Ahmed Radhi is that he had a pretty long career....and a successful one.

great player, to me remembered as one of the greats definately :thmbup: :thmbup: :thmbup: :thmbup: :thmbup: :thmbup: :thmbup: :thmbup: :thmbup: :thmbup: :thmbup:
thanks ;)

Pooh said:
He is a legend no doubt about that, playing with both legs, a great header and freekicker, everything you fancy. However, I think the Iraqi team at that time was great enough to big up a player like Ahmed Radhi, players like Saad Qais(The best Arabic player ever for me), Laith Hussain and Habib Jafaar in the middle of the pitch can make me a geat scorer!
thanks Pooh i a Appreciate it :)

Erreway said:
Thanks very much! Btw, I had no idea that he is Iraqi, I thought he is from Iran. Thanks again!
you are welcome :)
no he is from Iraq ;)

·
Mesopotamian
1,469 Posts
this is for you Erreway

Ahmad Rahdi

The Iraqi star in the 80's. The only iraqi soccer player who has ever scored in a World Cup. In the 1986 World Cup in Mexico, Ahmad Radhi scored a wonderful goal against Belgium, which ended 2-1 for Belgium. Ahmad Radhi won several caps for the national team. He was an exciting forward who doesn't give up easily. He has a powerful kick, tremendous vision, and controls the ball superbly.

Awarded Asian player of the year 1988 & He was the First One

Iraqi football fans loved Radhi as much for the style as the quantity of the goals. His ability to weave through defenders with perfect timing was impeccable. The media gave him names like "Magician," "Artist," "Graceful" - and "the Nervous One." Radhi earned his last sobriquet because defenders tended to crowd him aggressively whenever he was in their zone, causing him to shout at the negligent referee - but he would often apologize after his outburst.A high point in his career came in a match against Qatar at the 10th Arab Gulf Cup in Saudi Arabia in 1989. Cornered on the goal line by defenders, he carefully headed a ball into the net. The goalkeeper didn't even react - because he, like everybody else watching, thought that a goal from such an angle was impossible.He began his career in al-Zawra'a's youth team in 1980, and soon after that joined the national youth team, participating in the Asian championship in Thailand in 1981 and the Palestine Cup in Casablanca in 1983.Radhi credits his stardom to the sharp eyes of legendary coach Amu Baba. His leap to stardom came in 1983, when he was selected by Baba to join the Iraqi national team formation to face off against Jordan in Baghdad in the Asian qualifications for the 1984 Los Angeles Olympics. He scored four times in his first international game for the national team.The next few years are thought of as a golden age of Iraqi football. Iraq made it to the 1986 World Cup in Mexico, and Radhi scored the lone goal in the game against Belgium, which eventually made it to the finals. Throughout his career he scored 86 goals in 124 international matches. Iraq's golden age, however, ended with the 1990 invasion of Kuwait and the subsequent sanctions.His biggest regret was the Iraqi football association's refusal to allow him to join Paraguay's famed Internationale club, which tried to recruit after he played against the South American country's international team in the World Cup.Radhi continued to play in the Iraqi league, in which he scored 140 goals. He played for al-Zawra'a for 11 seasons and al-Rasheed for four, and also ratcheted up three season with Qatar's al-Asad. He retired early, before he began to lose any of his abilities.He was sometimes called moody, and sometimes accused of not trying too hard to score his own goals, and neglecting his defensive duties. But few would dispute the Asian Football Association's designation of Radhi-along with current association head Hussein Sayed--as "Iraqi footballers of the century."Radhi is trying to be as active off the pitch as he was on it. He recently returned from Cairo where to ensure Iraq's place in the ART cup, sponsored by the satellite channel, which is supposed to begin by the end of the year, and also to explain Iraq's postwar problems to other Arab footballers.The Arabs and other countries, he says, are eager to help. "We received invitations from Egypt Lebanon, Jordan and Germany. Our brothers in the Arab countries promised to supply camps for our teams, and the Egyptian association made a good suggestion - to consider their country as a home for our teams in the next Asian or world qualifications," Radhi said.Like most institutions in Iraq, the football federation is run on a shoestring. The federation needs only $80,000 for July, but it will need more to organize camps, buy new equipment, send and receive delegation, and pay referees a living wage.For Radhi and his colleagues, however, the most important thing is that Iraq is back in the world sports arena. Iraq's national team will play in the next gulf championship, and beat Iran (though lost to Uruguay) in a recent friendly match in Iran.With the country's current problem, creating an international-caliber Iraqi team will be a monumental task - but perhaps no more difficult than heading a ball into a Qatari goal from virtually parallel to the Goal line.

·
Expecto patronum!
13,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, a story I could never imagine Mussav. Thanks! Btw, isn't Sami Al Jaber one of the best Arabic player ever? He lead Saudi Arabia at the dream world cup in 94, then come 98 and the disasterous 2002. I don't know much about arabic football, but I know his great qualitis.

·
Mesopotamian
1,469 Posts
Erreway said:
Wow, a story I could never imagine Mussav. Thanks! Btw, isn't Sami Al Jaber one of the best Arabic player ever? He lead Saudi Arabia at the dream world cup in 94, then come 98 and the disasterous 2002. I don't know much about arabic football, but I know his great qualitis.
yes Sami Al-Jabir a Great Player
but every team have a Golden time
iIraq was the Greatest Team in the 80's
we beat Saudi Arabia 7-0 in the Gulf Cup and Bahrain 10-1
in the Arab Cup

in the 80's Iraq had a Golden Team
Ahmed Radhi and Hussain Saaed .... etc
the Only Team Iraq was afraid from was Kuwait

Both of them was a Graet Teams
But not Saudi Arabia

Suadia Arabia was Great in the 90's

now in this time we have Oman, Bahrain and Jordan are the Best in this Time

by the way if you want to know about Iraq Football Legend please visit my site
FootballIraq.cjb.net and visit Legend section
you can know more about Irai Players
and you will Know one of the Best Iraqi Players
Ammo Baba he is the one who Create the Bicycle kick or Double Kick
www.Iraqfootball.cjb.net

·
Expecto patronum!
13,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You have a good site Mussav! You have interesting facts. But I never know that there is Kusrdistan Cup. Maybe you should add a story about the 1986 world cup, about Iraqi matches or something like that.

I wonder, I read that Iraqi money are called Dinar. Well, the same name is used in Serbia and Montenegro and we in Macedonia have Denar. Maybe there is some conection!?

·
Mesopotamian
1,469 Posts
Erreway said:
You have a good site Mussav! You have interesting facts. But I never know that there is Kusrdistan Cup. Maybe you should add a story about the 1986 world cup, about Iraqi matches or something like that.

I wonder, I read that Iraqi money are called Dinar. Well, the same name is used in Serbia and Montenegro and we in Macedonia have Denar. Maybe there is some conection!?
thanks Erreway for your comment
i will try to add some Infos and the story about the World Cup 1986.

and for the Money may be there a conection
but i really dont know :)

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Some of the best arab players:

Rabeh Madjer (Algerian). One of the greates players in the world. He helped his club, FC Porto, to lift the CL trophy (forgot which year, but in the 80's). He scored a beautiful back heel goal, against the Madridstas and helped Porto lift the European Cup. His achievments in the World Cup weren't much, but helped to place Algerian football on the map. They were the first Arab and African team to advance to the second round, in 1982.

Another one of the greats is Sa'eed Ouwairan (Sa3eed 3weiran), from Saudi Arabia. He didn't do much, but was a key memeber of the Saudi team that made it to USA94. He helped his team adavnce to the next round by scoring, arguablly, the most beautiful goal at that World Cup. He picked up the ball at the half line, and......well lets say he pulled off a 'Maradona' ;) I still remember that goal, it was unbelievable, one of the greatest goals ever.

Mustapha Hadji is one of the great Arab footballers also. He helped his Morocan side to play some of the most exciting football in the world, and most importantly in the African continent. Although extremely unlucky with National team success yet he was able to make his way through Europe, and joining different teams, the best of them was Dep. La Crouna. Yet again he was unsuccessful with his teams. He scored one hell of a goal in the African NAtions Cup. Everyone talked about that goal for a long time, an over head kick that left people stunned. Just ask fc_barcelona!!

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Erreway said:
I've always thought that Madjer and Hadji are real marocans and algeriand. What are their connections with the arabian football?
Both countries are ARABS!!!!!

Morroco and Algeria!!!!!!

·
Mesopotamian
1,469 Posts
Barca_AT19 said:
Both countries are ARABS!!!!!

Morroco and Algeria!!!!!!
Yes that’s right we are all Arab
In the past we was one country
And then we separated to 21 countries because the world war

Algeria
Bahrain
Comoros
Egypt
Iraq
Jordan
Kuwait
Lebanon
Libya
Mauritania
Morocco
Oman
Palestine
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
Somalia
Sudan
Syria
Tunisia
United Arab Emirates (UAE was 7 Countries)
Yemen (was 2 Countries)

And Turkey was one of us

Our first capital start in Saudi Arabia
Then after our 5 Successors died the capital moved to Damascus in Syria,
Then Iraq, then Egypt and the last capital was Istanbul Turkey

but we still one Country even if we separated

·
Expecto patronum!
13,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oh, shame for me :embarass:

ok, I know this is a football thread, but I am interesting in a few things.

Egypt, is an arabic country. I mean, before Mohamed egyptians were other religion, so those peole were arabic or?

Turkey, in Macedonia lives many turkish, a have some friends of them and they never say they are arabic. They say they are defferent. ??

sorry for brokin' the thread

·
Mesopotamian
1,469 Posts
Erreway said:
oh, shame for me :embarass:

ok, I know this is a football thread, but I am interesting in a few things.

Egypt, is an arabic country. I mean, before Mohamed egyptians were other religion, so those peole were arabic or?

Turkey, in Macedonia lives many turkish, a have some friends of them and they never say they are arabic. They say they are defferent. ??

sorry for brokin' the thread
Some of the Arabic countries weren’t Arabic
Turkey weren’t Arabic. in the start
but thy joint us

yes. i said Turkey was one of us
thy Changed when thy joint Europe

·
MVP
8,990 Posts
there is much dispute on what seems to defined as Arab, and what not. Many "Arab" Christians hate being called Arabs, especially those with Assyrian, Chaldean, Ashurian, Syriac ancestry - and they speak those respective languages within Lebanon/Syria/Iraq.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts