Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find Valderrama extremely overated and a completely almost to useless player.

While when i see Aguinaga play, I see a smart dude causing all sorts of problems for opposing defenders.

In your opinion.. who's better?:confused: :cool:

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
i actually find aguinaga better

he was more direct and had a great shot

and his penalty stopped peru from going to france 98
the bastard

·
Registered
329 Posts
what kind of question is that?

I think Valderrama is the better player compare to Aguinaga...for me the most obvious reason Valderrama managed to guide Colombia to three consecutives World Cup 90,94 and 98 while Aguinaga at the age of thirty something helped Ecuador to qualify to the 2002 world cup:) :( :(

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
valderrama alone did not take them to the world cup
rincon, escobar , asprilla, valencia alvarez all played a part

for a long time aguinaga was the ecuatorian team

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,319 Posts
A pain in the ass primadonna.....(I know him personally and had to deal with him a lot while playng for the Miami Fusion) )....but I have to stick with Valderrama...in his prime he was a top player without a doubt ...
Nothing wrong with Aguinaga though !!! but since you want one to be on top..The colombian Troll is me choice ... :cool:

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
Valderrama was amazing in the late 80s and early 90s. I say this because he hardly ever ran yet he always shoved the perfect pass with his pin-point accuarcy. The one pass that comes to mind is the one he gave Rincon (to tie it 1:1 in the last minute) against Germany in the 90 WC.

The look on Illgner said it all. :howler:

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Loco said:
Valderrama was amazing in the late 80s and early 90s. I say this because he hardly ever ran yet he always shoved the perfect pass with his pin-point accuarcy. The one pass that comes to mind is the one he gave Rincon (to tie it 1:1 in the last minute) against Germany in the 90 WC.

The look on Illgner said it all. :howler:
Don't forget his dive a minute before the goal. He fell like he had broken both his legs...:howler:

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
colombia had great players during the 90s, not only Valderrama.
but still "el pibe" is way better than aguinaga. He was a few seconds faster than average players, and had a class to play that not many players can match.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Cesar Cueto aka the poet
was better than both valderrama and aguinaga

of course he didnt have a funny haircut so hes not as known;)

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
El Pibe, un fenomeno, a character, Aquinaga a good player though but as good as can be el turquito mohamed, gaitan, hugo castillo, hugo morales, matute morales, etc, etc.
Valderrama is from another level as it were Alvarez, Rincon, Cordoba (the keeper), Mondragon, Chicho, great players, and el pibe was the best of all of them, plus I really like colombian people so I'm biased, nothing against Ecuador, I don't know much of them.
Condor more names in other positons, the Ñol Solano was (sorry is) one of my fauvorite players, one of the most underrated defenders world class of all times: MELENDEZ, the real deal.I can't get why you don't like El Pibe? he had so much class, I guess is type of player like Bochini, Roman, Marangoni, Redondo, that we argies (the majority) love.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
yeah i have heard melendez was something special

i think aguinaga is very underated

if i had to choose one of the 2 players i would choose alex

that dosnt mean i dont like el pibe he had very good vision its just aguinaga had the vision plus he would take on players on the dribble

·
Super Moderator
13,187 Posts
They're both among the best South American players of the last 15 years.
However, with both at their best, Valderrama was superior. Very, very few footballers could think and pass as fast el Pibe.

·
94,319 Posts
Wow...this one came up from the earth's bowels after 7 frikken years :eek:

·
94,319 Posts
Sorry...Aguinaga was great, but I find that the Troll was a tad better. We're all entitled to our opinions. right ??? :cap:

Now...Toronto, your home town its awesome..Was there a yr ago in October..Loved :heart: the place.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Sorry...Aguinaga was great, but I find that the Troll was a tad better. We're all entitled to our opinions. right ??? :cap:

Now...Toronto, your home town its awesome..Was there a yr ago in October..Loved :heart: the place.
lol.... come on now....am i really a troll?:yuck:

Ye Toronto is cool tho.. but it has its problems just like any other city ;)

·
94,319 Posts

Gotta love it...Kleen and Green !!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts