Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 1448 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw the news about United make an equiry about him, whats everyone think about it? I think his a decent enough player and plays in a position we're gunna need in the future but the chances of Bayern letting him go are low.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
I do not want him. He is not a player, that leads by example and that is what we need to replace Keano. In fact, I would even play Phil ahead of him.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
He is a solid player but does not offer much else. Man U need someone special to replace Roy Keane.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Someone with the proven tag of being a world beater to replace Keano.Not someone who "has" the potential but is yet to make it to the top!

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
I was never overly impressed by Owen Hargreaves. I dont think he would be a good replacement for Keane. To me Gerrard would be the best replacement, but the chances of that happening are pretty slim. And that's an understatement. I would choose players like Parker over Owen Hargreaves anyday.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Don't want him, we don't need another shit player player version to Kleberson and Djemba Djemba. :thmbdown: :googly:

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Our CMs: Keane, Scholes. Back up: Fletcher, Phil Neville. This should have been enough when it comes to back up. If you're gonna bring someone in, bring in top quality who could challenge Keane or Scholes for a 1st team place. Don't bring in another player in the 'whoops, another recent CM clanger from me (fergie), he's turned out to be so shite he won't even warm the bench regularly' mould a la Kleberson, DJDJ, and MAYBE Miller (maybe needs more time). Add Hargreaves and we'll have 8 frigging cms of whom too many already don't even make the bench.
If someone sees any sort of planning or foresight in this CM mess, pls explain. :stoned: :groan: :ass: :rollani:

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Your right there Kyo, apart from Miller. If he shows the potential that he showed when he played at Celtic, he will be a great servant for the club, in the future. Hopefully, he settles in.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
PLEASE NOT!!! Hargreaves is shit! I hope we do not sign him or... it's really time to change our scouts.
:irritate:

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
gattuso or gerrard!!

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
you a defensive midfielder who is going to tackle hard and do a lot of running. But at the same time, you need someone who can at least move forward if need to. Keane was a player who could do that well. put in hard tackles, help out the defence etc..but he could pass the ball well and he wasnt too shabby infront of goal either.

so players like gattuso i dont think would be good. he is a player who tackles and does a lot of hard work, but i think he needs someone to do teh passing for him and really needs others in midfield to do a lot. hence, pirlo, kaka and seedorf.

I think United need a player like Vieira. Defends great and has the ability to push forward. unfortunately you wont get him, but you need someone with his characteristics.

Hargreaves however would still be a good player to get overall. he is versitile and can give united something different in terms of formation if need be.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Hargreaves is a good player I think some of us here are guilty of under-rating him. He's always been a consistant utility player however, he is not the player we are looking for. We need a world class or potentially world class CM.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
David Albelda is the man you should look at if you can't get Gerrard.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Albelda might want away, seeing as Valencia are struggling.

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Well I think Stevie G would be the best replacement for Keano, but I dont think we will get him. However if we do, I will be extremely happy :D.

1 - 20 of 1448 Posts