Xtratime Community banner

Age limits regarding transfers in our league?

• Yes

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An interesting topic that has been discussed before, do you support age limits when it comes to tranfers in our league?

Is this one of the ways we can get our league-quality to improve. For those who vote yes please say which age limit you want.

Vote and please elaborate. ;)

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
I was already involved in this discussion on the Cro forum, and again I say NO, but not because the limit wouldn't benefit our league, clubs and young talents..
The reason is simply because it is not feasible anymore, you can't limit an adults choice of working location based on his age...It simply is a violation of human rights...

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
I voted no also.
Where would the clubs get their money from, gate receipts? Hah dont make me laugh. Oh and there is that human rights thing :)

·
Banned
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not so sure, it is a violation of human rights, but we're not an EU country so I think it could get accepted, we need ways to improve the quality of our league. The good thing to do is to make our league more attractive so players will want to stay longer without being forced, but to achieve such a goal we need to get rid of all the corruption and we need to improve the reputation of our league in general.

In the end I voted no cause it's not likely to happen.

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
Drulic, the fact that we are not an EU country doesn't mean we should strive towards reinstating an old communist type regime. :D

As you said, the league should be made more interesting (possibly by reducing the number of teams in the first division), young players should be signing 5-6 year contracts, the economy in our country should be boosted, and our NT should start playing up to its potential and become a force to be reckoned with..

All this combined should bring life into our league, bring back the interest of the crowds and improve the quality of our football overall...

But it will take time - at this point, we must try to make the most of what we have.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
i vote no.

1/we should respect our players' career projects : every players dream of playing in madrid, barcelona, milan, munich, turin...

2/ our league is weak now, it was not this situation in the 80's and in the early 90's til yugoslavia implodes. our clubs were doing well in european competition, and the fact that an age limit was established was important to keep them and to continue having competitive teams. we all know that but now there is the next point.

3/ the economical issue : as i said before, our clubs were good but the general economical situation wasn't so awful. it's a disaster today. how can we prevent players and talents from going abroad win in one year the wages they couldn't have in a ALL-LIFE career in yugoslavia. apart from zvezda, partizan and maybe obilic, who can offer "decent" wages to a profesional player ? rad ? ofk? cukaricki ? mladost ?

4/ i think it would be agreed by the uefa and the UE... it is a violation of the free circulation of the workers.

·
Registered
768 Posts
No. Because of all you guys mentioned plus our players will only get better by playing in stronger leagues so it's good for the NT in the end. I'd like to see some oldies return to their old clubs though (like Prosinecki did), something I don't see happening nowadays.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts