Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Guardian: 'Whithin two years a Superleague with Juvenus, Inter Milan and Ac Milan'

According to the English paper ' The Guardian' Juventus, Inter Milan and Ac Milan within two years are due to join a European Superleague able to guarantee 45 billions lire of income to participants. The Superleague is an idea of four magnates of the European tv, Rupert Murdoch, Kirch, Canal Plus and the Spanish of Telefonica. At the moment there are 14 names of clubs, out of 16, which would take part into this: Manchester United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Bayern Munich, Bayer Leverkusen, Borussia Dortmund, Juventus, Ac Milan, Inter Milan, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Paris Saint Germain, Porto and Ajax.

On the counterattack I apply for scudetto only after every two years of league play. The standing for scudetto therefore is as follows

LAZIO 129
MILAN 121
JUVENTUS 119
PARMA 108
roma 104

[This message has been edited by Alexx (edited 20-04-2000).]

B

·
0 Posts
Sad but true the EL will propably happen. But surely they can't leave a team like LAzio outside that crap can they?

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HEHE, relax, it was just lighthearted irony.
The "Counterattack" meant, feeling a bit angry that they did not put Lazio in the roster from start (it's political, I know), I jokingly took "revenge" by calculating the points from last year and this year.

I did that, because it's far easier to build a strong team for one year (juve, milan), than to be on top (or next to top) for a longer period. We did that, so we are leading a fictional table of two years combined with many points.

I just wanted to spotlight this, hence the fictional and nice looking table.

Cecco, yeah, hate was really in the air, amazing.

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
Surely they wouldn't take two teams from Milano to Superleague. Or who knows. It's about money anyway. Soon we don't need players anymore since they have to be paid. We just go to the stadium and watch Rupert Murdoch and co. swim in their money piles. :(

PS. Alexx, good to have you back. :)

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Kafka :)
I'm happy to be back myself, as I've been "contacted" by a Viola supporter at the pannini-stand infront of the stadium. The guy came from behind, tore my Lazio scarf off me, cursed like hell with scary scary eyes full of hate (never seen such eyes before)...and ran away. I'm still very glad he decided to run and not on anything else...
Got the pannino for free after that, however :) ...

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
Reminds me of the time I was watching a Liverpool match at Old Trafford and got myself beaten up (only lightly, though :)) after the game because of my Ian Rush shirt.
Somehow I have disliked Man Scum fans after that.

I've never had troubles in Italy though, I have been to about ten away games with Lazio shirt and nobody has cared...

·
Registered
315 Posts
Alexx, sorry to hear that, your story seems to coincide with so many of our fans in firenze!
We must have been like raw meat to those beasts!
Beats me, I still don't have a clue why they hate us so much!

P.S. WE'LL be waiting for them in ROME next season, believe me!

SOLO E SEMPRE LAZIO

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
alexx what d u mean by this
On the counterattack I apply for scudetto only after every two years of league play. The standing for scudetto therefore is as follows

LAZIO 129
MILAN 121
JUVENTUS 119
PARMA 108
roma 104

Thanks i saw a similar article that also said that for the remaining 2 places there are 4 teams
i can remeber chealse lazio and valencia i think the last one is psv

Lav

------------------
MILAN is FOOTBALL

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Welcome back Alexx. From the Bergamo chick to the Florence fury... not a change for the better, isn't it?

As for the $up€r £€agu€, I think the main (the only?) reason for its creation is money.
Surely Lazio are a better team than half of those 14 teams (Dortmund? Ajax? PSG?), but sporting criteria mean nothing to Murdoch, Kirch and the rest of the company. Lazio could be the best team on Earth, but if they aren't a money-making machine, then there will be no $up€r £€agu€ for Lazio.
So your brave counterattack could be going to be stopped because of an off-side. Having said that, it's so nice to read your table!

Alexx, I have seen that you're having a party in the Brazilian forum, can I have the invitation picture of the Brazilian lass?

FORZA LAZIO

1 - 9 of 9 Posts