Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you all feel like me. I was very nervous this day before the match started, but with 0-2 at half-time it was over for me.

I still watched it, but it meant nothing to me. It was like a relief. The Dutch really played jo-jo with us, ok. They have a great team, but I hope that Figo and his men will take it now.

Now, it is time to draw a conclusion for these players and the trainer.

Out:

Mihajlovic - should go into NFL where he can be the kicker
Stojkovic - didn`t deserve this at last
Djukic, Govedarica, Jugovic, Jokanovic, Saveljic, Komljenovic, Drulovic
Kralj - Mr.Unlucky

Stay & In:

Milosevic - our winner this time
Kovacevic, Kezman, Dudic, Bunjevcevic, Nadj (in midfield !),
Pjanovic, Grozdic (a playmaker who has been left home), Tomic, Krstajic, Dzodzic, Mirkovic, Paunovic, Cicovic

Tell me please of your opinion

·
International
6,519 Posts
Well i totaly agree with you but you had to do something like this too :

Out :
- MIJATOVIC - nothing, total zero ! Striker with none goals scored, what a shame..
- STOJKOVIC - slow like my 100 years old granny

In:
-MIHAJLOVIC - he passed some really good balls, always ob foot, but slow and should play in Midfield and not in Defence

I mean, our team did the best they could, let's not forget that they knocked out 3rd team on the world, Croatia.

I am still Yugoslavia supporter and I will always be, but our team should and MUST be younger

In our defence there is not any man younger than 30 !
Djukic - ??!
Mihajlovic - ???
Stojkovic - ???
Mijatovic - ??!?!?!

Bunch of veterans playing,...

FORZA YUGOSLAVIA !!!!!

·
Registered
595 Posts
I hope that Portugal beats them up, and if we play well I know we can do it. Back in '84 we lost to them by 3-2.

It's a pitty for Yugoslavia to leave with a score like this. I loved to see Drulovic playing in Euro, and that spectacular game with Spain, although the Spanish were lucky. You've got a good team, excellent considering that you're a 5 million country! Let's wait now for World cup 2002, Drulo rules!

B

·
0 Posts
after the humiliation

guys, i didn't write a lot in the last couple of weeks because i simply came back to belgrade where the internet is very slow so i was always bored to connect and wait for one hour to open a web site.
one thing is very easy to conclude. we have to get rid of the guys such as miljanic, bulatovic, mijatovic and mihajlovic because these people are ruining our football every day. on every game on this tournament we could have got 5-6 goals but we were lucky to get less than that. agaisnt holland we played again crap the punishment came. we played well only against norway and than mihajlovic was out. his boring long balls prevented our midfield players to create the actions. this guy really sucks big time. his arrogant behaviour is totally unacceptable.
pedja mijatovic was playing bad on every single game but he was still in the team. he knew that he doesn't contribute to the team but he still remained there to miss golden chances(if he had scored the game would have been completely different).
this is a great disgrace for the whole nation. we have to derive the best conclusions and win the world cup 2002 with the new team.
OUT: MIHAJLOVIC(he is the one to blame for the disaster), mijatovic(his time has gone after the final in amsterdam against juventus), djukic( a great player but unfortunantly to old), jokanovic, govedarica(has never been on this level), drulovic(a brilliant tournament but old), nadj(the same like for govedarica), jugovic(thanks for everything you have done vladimir), stojkovic(the gratest player ever yugoslav football produced and very sad way to finish his international carrier), saveljic(not very reliable player at all)
IN: milosevic(fantastic player indeed), kovacevic(deserves more chances in the national squad), kezman, drulic, pjanovic, jelic and ilijev(our future attacking force), duljaj(the guy is the new jugovic), sasha ilic(replacement for piksi stojkovic and the greastes talent of his generation), ivic(very important midfield player for us), dudic(after all a great potential), bunjevecevic, gvozdenovic, predrag djordjevic, leo lerinc etc.

M

·
0 Posts
Well, Dutch are simply better than us right now and that's it.

They're definitely not 6-1 better than us but the combination of Yugoslavia missing Mirkovic, Djorovic, Jokanovic (all first choices) and having Jugovic playing injured plus playing in Rotterdam in front of 50,000 Dutch fans contributed to score being what it is.

I repeat once again: even if the above guys played and game being in Rotterdam, the Dutch would probably still win but it would be a lot closer.

Now for Yugoslavia and how they played tonight as well as in the rest of tournament:

Kralj - I really don't like this guy. He makes some spectacular saves but is unable to deal with simplest crosses, shots etc.. He is terrible coming out and his hesitation gave Kluivert 2 goals today (although the dead-horse Miha should've reacted faster, too). Was a bit better in the other games in the tournament but I think it's now clear more than ever that Yugoslavia needs a new keeper.

DEFENCE:

Djukic - Definitely our best defender. I've never seen him used on the flank in a big match until today and he did decent enough job but that left a gaping hole in our central defense which...

...Saveljic - wasn't able to cover. I've seen him play some good football for Bordeaux but was terrible today and generally played poor in the tournament.

Miha - Still an important part of our team but had a very sub-par tournament. Up to now his defensive deficiencies were overlooked due to his play-making abilities and expertise in dead-ball situations. Definitely needs somebody to cover for him in the center of defense (in Lazio he's got Nesta and in NT there's Djukic. Who, of course, wasn't there today due to Boskov's 'brilliant' setup). Miha was never an agile player, and is now getting older and slower in a hurry.

Komljenovic - Did OK playing on the right instead of Mirkovic. Should be around the team in the future.

MIDFIELD:

Jugovic - Had a great tournament. But a back injury he picked up vs. Spain, prevented him from playing better against Holland.

Piksi - Still a feisty figure, but too old to be able to contribute fully to a team. Boskov didn't really plan on using him at all as a starter, but Dejan Stankovic's failure to impose himself in midfield meant that Piksi got his chance one last time. Was excellent as a sub against Slovenia, good game vs. Norway, average vs. Spain and pretty bad against Holland. His inability to contribute defensively has always been a minus in games like tonight where the other team forces you to play in your own half most of the time.

Govedarica - Just terrible. This guy couldn’t connect a pass tonight if his life depended on it. Only got his chance because Jokanovic was suspeded and did awful trying to replace him. Not that Jokanovic was sooo good in the matches he played, in the first place, but still is Maradona compared to Govedar.

Drulovic - Revelation of this tournament for me. Unfortunatelly, he’s past 30 and that fact makes me wanna punch that idiot Slobodan Santrac in the face for not using him more in the past. If there was one good thing that Boskov did as a coach it’s giving Drulovic a regular place in midfield.

FORWARDS:

Mijat- After France ’98 he cited a lack of service from midfield as a reason for his poor showing. Well, this time he got plenty of it and the overall impression he left on me was even worse than in France two years ago. He missed 2-3 sitters against Norway, and who knows what could’ve happened had he been able to score in 10th minute when he was alone in front of van der Sar. He was relieved of his midfield duties, so since he can't buy a goal, is now completely useless.

Savo Milosevic - One of the few bright spots in our team. Every time he had a chance to score he took it. What more can you ask from a forward.

SUBS:

Kovacevic - Not many chances to play. Was completely overshadowed by Savo. I’d like to see them play alongside each other in a normal game (they did tonight for about 20 minutes with no major results).

Dejan Stankovic - EURO 2000 was supposed to be his coming out party. It was anything but, replaced after 20 minutes vs. Slovenia, he never re-appeared until last 20 minutes vs. Holland. Perhaps, Boskov was a bit too hard on him but his bad form for Lazio which started in the second half of Serie A season has carried right over into EURO 2000.

The biggest problem for us in this tournament was that left side of defence. Djorovic getting injured in Spain game was a huge blow. In Slovenia game, Boskov started midfielder Albert Nadj as a left back in Djora’s place which means that Djorovic had some injury problems even before. So, why oh, why then didn’t Boskov pick somebody like Mladen Krstajic in the team, who’s a natural left back who’d be able to cover for Djora, instead of filling that spot with midfielders like Jovan Stankovic and Nadj and playing them out of their natural position.

Today vs. Holland he put Djukic out wide and as I said he didn’t do badly but then the center was exposed and the Dutch used that to put the game out of reach in the first half.

All in all, this is our ceiling right now. Yes, I’m very disappointed but realistically it was tough expecting us to do any better under the circumstances.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Hehe...

I was expect something like this from serbia,total disaster.
Mihajlovic and Kralj was bored from fantasticus KLUVIERT,i was sayed what its gonna be,and you didnt believe me!
next few years think about yours soccer.

·
International
6,519 Posts
Eusebio, at least we WERE on Euro 2000. I wonder where Croatia was ? Oh, I just remembered that Yugoslavia beat them ?!! Funny funny, you really have a great team :p

·
Registered
6,790 Posts
A sad two days for the Eastern Countries. First Turekey get overpowered by Portugal. Then Romania get beaten from their two mistakes. And then Yugoslavia crashes out like no other. I feel sorry for all Yugo fans. It is really too bad to see a good team get beaten 6 - 1. I can't seem to think of any bright spots that came out of this tournment for Yugo besides Drulovic, can one of u yugo fans please tell me what U think is positive?

·
International
6,519 Posts
Hey EclipsE :

First, i have to ask you this question :
- How did u do that , that under your name on the left side on your post writes Valencia, Chelsea... ?!?! Please tell me.

And second of all, there was one positive thing about this Euro 2000. We beat Croatia, the third team of the world :)

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Ohh

and they very happy because of that...sad,very sad,but this croatia team beat holland before two years 2:1(prosinecki&suker if u remember,and zenden)and your team has lose from them 6:1,please shut up!!hehe
ecplipse ask u something else?!?!

·
Registered
717 Posts
SSLAZIO!!!! PLEASE! Can you please tell me when and where did Yugoslavia beat Croatia????
I saw the 2 games that ended up in a draw (0:0, 2:2). In Belgrade Croatia was better and outplayed you and in Zagreb Suker scored a goal that didn't count (the ball was over the line)!!!
Both Croatian and Yugo team are too old and too slow - it's like watching a veteran game.
But Croatians have to be happy their team didn't go to EURO2000 because at least they didn't have to watch the humiliation of their team like the Serbs did.
BTW Croatia's young team beat the Serbs 6:2 in Belgrade, maybe that also proves something?

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
sslazio11: If Eclipse hasn't answered this qn. first...It's the new feature of the forum -- favorite club. You can do it by accessing your profile.

And yeah I feel very sorry for Yugo - no more East European team left! Aarrgghhh :eek: This (almost) wraps up my nightmare called Euro 2000... :(

I never see the point in mocking at a team after my team give them a trashing...I wouldn't even do that to Roma fans! Sure I'll enjoy my team's victory, celebrate it...But to gloat over it? There's such thing called retribution... Well, that's just my opinion.

Anyway now I start to wonder if it were Norway to face Holland, will they lose by the same score? I mean, with their defensive style... But suddenly I remember, Norway DID lost 0-4 to Holland in Euro 96 qualifier. :p

Good thing for Yugo? Milosevic scored 5 :) (although I'm no fan of his) Stojkovic had some opportunities to shine (in the group stages. But his age has gotten into him in the qf) and perhaps it's time to realize Mijatovic may be past his peak...
There's always something good to learn from even the most horrid disaster. Never lose heart, never lose faith! Bounce back!

·
International
6,519 Posts
To dadoaldo :

That beat up word was a metafor, sorry if you missunderstood me. I was talking about Serbs, not letting Croatians into the Euro. I Agree with you that is better if Yugoslavia never qualified into the Euro, because of this humiliation that happened right now. Very sorry for them, but hey - Serbs will have younger team in WC 2002 too ! :p

To Nedved!, my mighty-old-pall ;)

Thanks again, really glad for telling me that.

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
You're welcome :)
I believe that something good can always be learnt from even the worst incident, and vice versa.
Which is exactly why now I doubt that the Dutch will win Euro 2000! ;) they think that with such a form they are destined to be the champs? The danger of letting confidence swells your head...

Forza Lazio

·
International
6,519 Posts
I predict Portugal and Holland in finals, and I think Portugal will be champs :):)

Sergio GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts