Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In terms of the players on the NT... who do you want to see becoming regulars and who do you want taken out of the NT for good?

OUT:

Gattuso (respect him, great professional, but until he gets back to form, he must be taken out of the NT)
Materazzi (Too old)
Panucci (Too old)
Del Piero (Well he must finally be too old :pp)
Camoranesi (I think he is a quality player, but lets look to the future)
Possibly Perrotta too.

In:

Gilardino (if he plays well for Fiorentina)
G. Rossi
Montolivo
Rosina
Maggio
Accardi (if he plays well for Samp once more next season)
Sammarco (Same as above)
Giovinco (if he plays well for Juve)

·
Administrator
52,992 Posts
Ludicrous to say Camoranesi out. Especially since the next right winger behind him is not even half as good as him, and he was absolutely great above majority of the midfielders in the league in a big way last season.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
I agree with Deano's choices, but since the current U-21 cycle ends in 2009, I do not think Rossi will step up until after next summer.

·
Registered
46,360 Posts
One game is damn soon, but for sure:
- "Clumsy" Materazzi
- "Flabby" Barzagli

Of course the ones who are a bit too old even now

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Agreed!! I was stunned by the fact that we're like the oldest team in the tournament!!

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Camoranesi is 31, I am unsure if even he is that good anymore too. I know he had some great games in Juve this season, but alot of the time Ive managed to see him he hasnt been as great and well, he never has really been on top form for the Azzurri! Oh and Rosina is half as good :pp

·
Administrator
52,992 Posts
Camoranesi has had GREAT season, really great. Age matters for SHIT when the player is still topnotch quality, and Camo is. Pirlo has way worse season and is the same age, will you say we should exclude him too because of age?

Name ONE attacking midfielder outside the NT who is anywhere near his level. This season he has had one of the top 3 highest ratings in gazzetta (so what exactly made you unsure of this past season? We would have been scudetto challengers if he wasnt out when he was). He is stellar and to make matters worse those behind him have had dime a dozen season like Foggia, Rosina, Semioli and such crap. They are so ridicolously far from his level its not funny.

Nonsense to say he should be excluded. I can name several players who should be excluded before him (and really, only ones that shouldnt be in the NT for sure is Matrix, Barza and perhaps Panucci if Oddo comes back, thats it). Only attacking midfielders I see good enough to come in the near future if they do as well as their talent suggest, is Montolivo and Giovinco only. And they dont even compete for Camoranesi's spot.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes but this thread is for 2 years time... and I am not a fan of wingers when they are 33. Defenders, DMs, even some box strikers can still be class into their 30's, but wingers eventually go downhill past 29/30. Even if Camoranesi was to not immediately come out of the squad, we need to prepare for this moment... so I would like to see Rosina given some chance... because he is talented... Novellino is not the coach for him at Torino, but hes a good player.

·
Administrator
52,992 Posts
Rosina being talented means shit, he has to show it, and I like his qualities, but again he shows squat. If you mean two years time, its understandable. But after the euros, and to get to the next WC, you need players who are good enough NOW.

And until Camo shows he isnt the great attacking midfielder he is, he stays put in the NT. Hasnt shown any sign of declining, and the likes you want to replace him with like Rosina needs to show they are more then just average players.

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
A few days ago I read an article that Taddei was actually offered a place in the italian NT if he wants it, but he refused. That is quite indicative of the problems Italy has in the inger position, since with all due respect to Taddei (who's a player I really like) he's hardly a world beater.

Right now Camoranesi is the best and the only real winger of top quality Italy has (not counting supporting strikers like Di Natale), so I doubt he'll leave the team soon unless he decides to retire from the NT.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
We all know our attack is going to be great...but is there anyone on the damn peninsula who can form a World Cup worthy back 4?

Let's hope the likes of Maggio, Santacroce, Marco Rossi, De Silvestri, and Marzoratti continue improving perhaps in 2010 reaching an acceptable level.

Or least lets hope for Chiellini and Gamberini to emerge world cup ready.

·
Banned
18,453 Posts
Camoranesi has had GREAT season, really great. Age matters for SHIT when the player is still topnotch quality, and Camo is. Pirlo has way worse season and is the same age, will you say we should exclude him too because of age?

Name ONE attacking midfielder outside the NT who is anywhere near his level. This season he has had one of the top 3 highest ratings in gazzetta (so what exactly made you unsure of this past season? We would have been scudetto challengers if he wasnt out when he was). He is stellar and to make matters worse those behind him have had dime a dozen season like Foggia, Rosina, Semioli and such crap. They are so ridicolously far from his level its not funny.

Nonsense to say he should be excluded. I can name several players who should be excluded before him (and really, only ones that shouldnt be in the NT for sure is Matrix, Barza and perhaps Panucci if Oddo comes back, thats it). Only attacking midfielders I see good enough to come in the near future if they do as well as their talent suggest, is Montolivo and Giovinco only. And they dont even compete for Camoranesi's spot.

You sir are talking complete nonsense :nono:

Deano is right, Camo time has come and gone, the guy has NEVER
shined in the Azzurri shirt, name me one game where he did well for
us and you could say he was outstanding?

Drop him, play Di Natale there and push Cassano to play closer to
Luca Toni..... And pray hard. :scared:

·
Registered
17,197 Posts
lol i find this shit hilarious where people say, drop his shirt completely. That is absolutely retarded. Camo can still be in squad, and if he wins his spot, he wins his ****ing spot. What's with this 30 and over = shit rule? If he wins it he wins it.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts