Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your thoughts on Man Utd's exit from the CL?Do you think the club really needs a fair bit of stremghtening or just a few touch ups?Milan seemed very much in control in both games so what are your opinions?

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Milan was a number too big, but I think this Unitedteam has a future. This year it was not enough, but : new season , new luck! ;)

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Especially in europe I feel that Utd lack a bit of depth.Smith,Saha and Bellion are ok players especially for the EPL.But I think that Fergie could do with more back up.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
They lost of the best team in the CL, they weren't thrashed or anything no shame at all in loosing to AC Milan

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
I don´t agree to the opinion that Milan is the best team in CL. Seen Chelsea-Barca yesterday? That was football, that would have been a worthy final. They both for example play better (and more attractive) football than Milan.

·
Banned
2,221 Posts
delpi_vanni_10 said:
I don´t agree to the opinion that Milan is the best team in CL. Seen Chelsea-Barca yesterday? That was football, that would have been a worthy final. They both for example play better (and more attractive) football than Milan.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
SM ONLINE said:
They lost of the best team in the CL, they weren't thrashed or anything no shame at all in loosing to AC Milan
No, no shame at all but we must feel dissapointed that we failed to really trouble Milan in both ties. We were toothless and were no where near good enough to beat them.

Teams like Barca,Milan and Chelsea are a level above us.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
We lacked quality. Brown, Silvestre, Howard etc are simply not good enough. Keane is too tired for these games now. Fergie realy needs to pull his finger out and buy QUALITY not spend £5 million on shits like Bellion, Kleberson, Miller etc.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Manchester's exit wasn't embarassing, especially considering the quality of the opposition – but as Russell pointed out Milan's defense was never really threatened, the italians were in control most of the time.

There is a strong base to build upon in Manchester, but several positions clearly need class reinforcements; from the obviously-insufficient Silvestre and Brown to over-the-hill performers like Keane.

·
Registered
472 Posts
delpi_vanni_10 said:
Do you really think they played a great game? Honestly Barca played it's worst 20 minute in history and Chelsea didn't do that much to score the 4th goal (which was irregular).
I enjoyed the game becuz it was like pingpong but there were just to many errors. They surely didn't play bettert than Milan!

Manchester needs a great Keeper like Chelsea with Cech or Milan with Dida, cuz a great team needs a great keeper to rely on!

·
Banned
2,825 Posts
I am Just pissed off, I am getting sick and tired of the 'there is next year talk'. I was hopeful about the game, until the kickoff when I realised they were gonna kill us in the midfield. Rooney was shite, even Van Nistelrooy played better, and he was constantly moaning at Ronaldo.

And what about the defence - No comment. The next Man U Captain should be Hienze, he was the only player close to crying after the goal. A true champion. Oh yeah KEANO - not good enough for the Champions League any more.

Just dissapointment no-one performed, not Scholes, not Ronaldo, NO-ONE. We are becoming like Arsenal in Europe.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Parma thefuture said:
I am Just pissed off, I am getting sick and tired of the 'there is next year talk'. I was hopeful about the game, until the kickoff when I realised they were gonna kill us in the midfield. Rooney was shite, even Van Nistelrooy played better, and he was constantly moaning at Ronaldo.

And what about the defence - No comment. The next Man U Captain should be Hienze, he was the only player close to crying after the goal. A true champion. Oh yeah KEANO - not good enough for the Champions League any more.

Just dissapointment no-one performed, not Scholes, not Ronaldo, NO-ONE. We are becoming like Arsenal in Europe.
Got to agree. I am also fed up of the "theres always next year" cr*p :groan: . Every season we think it's going to be our year, and every year our big players don't turn up. Ronaldo and Rooney are young and are still adapting to European competition, but players like Keane, Scholes and Giggs as the experienced players have consistently gone missing in the knockout stages of the competition. If we were going to repeat our success of '99 it would of been in the seasons following when we were at our peak. Keane, Scholes and Giggs have been immense this season in the Premiership, but maybe in Europe their not up to the standard they once were. I think we need an injection of fresh quality in the midfield, some new ideas and creativity. We can talk about the defence all we like, but we also have to ackowledge the fact that we failed to break down the Milan defence. Yes its world class, but if we are going to win this competition again we have to be able to break these teams down. A new world class goalkeeper is needed, and possibly cover at centerback. Personally I would shift Silvestre back to left-back and stick Heinze alongside Rio. Silvestre makes to many errors in the middle, and is better going forward IMO than Heinze.
This match has to have been a wake up call to Fergie. No more cr*p like Bellion, Djemba Djemba etc. We need class.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
il_capitano said:
Manchester needs a great Keeper like Chelsea with Cech or Milan with Dida, cuz a great team needs a great keeper to rely on!
that´s what I also said after the first match. To answer your question: Yes, I really think Barca and Chelsea are better than Milan.

·
Banned
2,221 Posts
delpi_vanni_10 said:
that´s what I also said after the first match. To answer your question: Yes, I really think Barca and Chelsea are better than Milan.
And Milan are better than Juve...LOL. Who cares what you think?

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Parma thefuture said:
I am Just pissed off, I am getting sick and tired of the 'there is next year talk'. I was hopeful about the game
I knew before it will not be enough for this year. If you are realistic: other teams are simply better at the moment. I know what you mean...next year talk....I am sure you will also find statements like this on the thread after last year´s exit and it nervs somehow to wait again and again on something you want to happen NOW. But what else can we do instead of looking forward? I am no one who looks back, I am looking in the future. And don´t worry: there will be some deep cuts in the summer break! It´s too obvious that the present team is not good enough to win CL. A new goalkeeper is surely necessary , Howard and Carroll are sh**. Maybe enough for the league but not to win important matches in CL.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Paratroopa said:
And Milan are better than Juve...LOL. Who cares what you think?
Nah, it´s more important what you think, eh? ;) I just say my opinion, I accept if you see it in a different way. So where´s your problem?

·
Banned
2,221 Posts
delpi_vanni_10 said:
Nah, it´s more important what you think, eh? ;) I just say my opinion, I accept if you see it in a different way. So where´s your problem?
You really think Barcelona and Chelsea are better than Milan. You are retarded.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts