Xtratime Community banner

141 - 150 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
41,631 Posts
Piss off Toni, don't do Ronnie like that.

He's clearly a level above the likes of Can, Pjanic, Khedira, that bum Higuain and the rest of the ancient Juve team.

How can you expect him to perform when all he sees around him is dross.

You're probably right about it being his last year in a decrepit league but don't write him off just yet.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41,631 Posts
R9 retired at age 34; unfortunately, injuries caught up to him.
CR7 at age 34 is utter crap; unlike R9 he never truly suffered any career ending injury(ies).

One was a football genius and the other a superb athlete at best.
There's only one Ronaldo.

He's the all-time top scorer of the greatest club in the universe.

·
Registered
46,031 Posts
Ronaldo is (was?) the most decisive in the team and can (could?) win games on his own but his teamates seem to be better without him, with the exception of the ones who are bad with or without him (Khedira, Can, Bernardeschi...).

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,494 Posts
There's only one Ronaldo.

He's the all-time top scorer of the greatest club in the universe.

Oh yeah...that's the same guy who got sold for peanuts.

·
Registered
17,025 Posts
Piss off Toni, don't do Ronnie like that.

He's clearly a level above the likes of Can, Pjanic, Khedira, that bum Higuain and the rest of the ancient Juve team.

How can you expect him to perform when all he sees around him is dross.

You're probably right about it being his last year in a decrepit league but don't write him off just yet.

Ibra always made his teams and players around him better even when they were crap teams. Exception might be his barca season.

·
Registered
58,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Ronaldo: 'CL title possible with Juve'

By Football Italia staff

Cristiano Ronaldo has claimed Juventus gives him “the chance to win” another Champions League title and said “it’s possible” with the current team.
The 35-year-old has scored 22 goals in 28 games and has hit form of late, admitting that his aim is to add another Champions League title to the five he has already claimed.
“To play at Juventus gives me the chance to win it again,” he told Canal 11. “We know it’s difficult, it depends on many factors, but it’s possible because we have a good team.
“We must take one step at a time going forward.”
After celebrating his 35th birthday yesterday, the Portugal international revealed he “never” pictured to become this successful.
“I thought I would have been going fishing in Madeira,” Ronaldo admitted. “I wanted to become a football player, but I never thought of winning everything I have won.”
Ronaldo admitted the sensational bicycle kick against Juventus at the Allianz Stadium was the “most difficult” he had scored in his career.
The goal helped Real Madrid get past his current club in the quarter-finals of the Champions League in April 2018.
“It’s not easy to pick one [to be the best], there are many and it’s difficult,” he added. “There bicycle kick was certainly the most difficult of them all.”

·
Registered
58,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
Morata wants to avoid Juve in CL

By Football Italia staff

Alvaro Morata has argued that Juventus are one of the favourites in the Champions League and hopes to avoid his former club if Atletico Madrid go through.

Atletico and Juventus came through Group D in the prestigious tournament this year, with Juventus ending up as group winners after a win and a draw against the Rojiblancos.

Adding to the recent woes against his former club, a Cristiano Ronaldo hat-trick also turned their last 16 encounter in favour of the Bianconeri during last year’s edition.

After the 1-0 win against Liverpool on Tuesday night, the former Bianconero was focused on finishing the task in hand but admitted that he would like to avoid another date with the Old Lady.

“I think Liverpool and Juve are the best,” he told Sky Sport Italia. “I prefer not to meet them [Juventus] again in the Champions League.

“I think the Bianconeri, Liverpool and Paris Saint-Germain are the favourites. But nothing is for certain in the Champions League.”

Atletico’s return leg against Liverpool will be played on March 11, whilst Juventus play their first leg against Olympique Lyonnais next Wednesday.

·
Registered
44,698 Posts
And Inter, tbh.
I doubt you'll find many people agreeing with that. Most people agree that he carried Inter many times during his 3 years with the club. I wouldn't say he made the players better but he did make the team better when he played.

You could say that Ibra's presence means that there's a cap of sorts to how successful a team can be though. Better CL teams playing for advancement and not 3 points have been able to stop teams that mainly rely on him. While Ibra teams are better suited to leagues, Mourinho was able to reconfigure the 09/10 team (with the additions) to be extremely versatile in approach and therefore suited to winning in both a league format and tournaments.

Barça already had a great system and configuring that to make Ibra the main guy was always going to be a step backwards. That didn't mean Pep had to be such a knobhead to him though.

141 - 150 of 150 Posts