Registered
57,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
You're one of them now Los Chaz? :(

Vergogna!

·
Registered
23,828 Posts
When you have a low 'success rate' of 22% in CL finals throughout your history, what better guarantee of winning the CL than bringing in a world class player who won 5/5 finals?

Taking into consideration that juve have been to 2 finals recently, and the fact that clubs like Bayern and Real Madrid are going through coaching changes, not forgetting that Barca are hardly the Barca of old, I think juve can be pretty confident about ending their 2 decade CL drought.

It will be very interesting to watch Real v juve next season, you just know they will play eachother at some stage.

Discuss
I applaud you on this effort.

Please make one for the league too.

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Messi agrees with me.

Great minds think alike :stuckup:

Messi: 'Juventus clear favourites'
Football Italia

Barcelona star Lionel Messi was “surprised” by Cristiano Ronaldo’s move, but now “Juventus are a clear favourite to win the Champions League.”

The €100m transfer may not have provided any goals in his first three Serie A games, but the Ballon d’Or winner has always given his best in European competition.

Even his biggest rival for major international trophies agreed, as Messi told Catalunya Radio that CR7 tips the balance.

“Real Madrid are less strong without Cristiano Ronaldo in their squad, as obviously he is one of the best in the world” said the Argentina international.

“Juventus are a clear favourite to win the Champions League now they have Cristiano Ronaldo. I was surprised by his decision, as I didn’t expect him to leave Madrid or go to Juventus. It’s a very good team.”

Last season, the Blaugrana crashed out after an extraordinary Roma comeback in the quarter-final.

“We’ve gone out in the quarter-finals for three years running and the last one was the most painful for the way it came about. We have to aim for the trophy, because we can do it.

“We missed out because of details, in the Pep Guardiola era against Inter, and Chelsea. Other clubs are strong, have a lot of money and sign many players, like the two Manchesters, Chelsea, Real Madrid, PSG, various Italian clubs, they all have a lot of money.

“Plus when things don’t go our way, we struggle to react, as we did against Roma. We did not react the right way during the game.”

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
De Zerbi: 'Juve strongest in Europe'
Football Italia

Sassuolo Coach Roberto De Zerbi believes Juventus are “the strongest side in Europe this season, but that doesn’t mean we’re already beaten.”

The Neroverdi are surprisingly the only other Serie A team still unbeaten after three rounds and sit in second place on seven points to Juve’s nine.

“Juventus are the strongest side in Italy and also the strongest in Europe this season,” De Zerbi told the Corriere dello Sport.

“I don’t know how you stop them. What I do know is that in order to get a positive result against Juve, you must hope they are having a bad day.

“Having said that, it doesn’t mean we are already beaten. We’ll give it our all. After all, we are in second place.”

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
Whatever happened with Joao Mario? Guy sounded like he'd rather go play in the Nicaraguan league than stay at Inter.

He's definitely not getting any minutes at Inter, they don't need him. Read somewhere Inter forced him to stay. Something having to do with his book value vs his market value/offers (they won't incur any losses with the kind of offers they're receiving when his book value drops more, didn't get a high enough offer for now).

It's a bizarre case. The career of a soccer player is short. Three years of his will have been wasted, and he may never recover from his Inter stint.

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Whatever happened with Joao Mario? Guy sounded like he'd rather go play in the Nicaraguan league than stay at Inter.

He's definitely not getting any minutes at Inter, they don't need him. Read somewhere Inter forced him to stay. Something having to do with his book value vs his market value/offers (they won't incur any losses with the kind of offers they're receiving when his book value drops more, didn't get a high enough offer for now).

It's a bizarre case. The career of a soccer player is short. Three years of his will have been wasted, and he may never recover from his Inter stint.
Looks like you suffer from eyesight issues.

Thread is about Cristiano Ronaldo not João Mario.

·
Registered
17,391 Posts
I am sure Ronaldo is totally pissed with Douglas Costa. This was supposed to be his day (as obviously every day is supposed to be Ronaldo's day to him) and then all headlines are exclusively about Douglas Costa. Poor Cristiano.

·
Registered
12,131 Posts
Looks like you suffer from eyesight issues.

Thread is about Cristiano Ronaldo not João Mario.
Nah, your jinx and bad juju giving thread morphed into non-magical, very real Inter being a toxic club one a while ago, and you were a key participant with your predictable odd and hilarious multiple meltdowns. Right now it's both.

There's an official Ronaldo at Juve thread. And two others.

·
MVP
8,980 Posts
nooo pav he really is posting his genuine and honest opinion bro, what's wrong with you???

shhhhh play naive and stupid. He can't be treated otherwise. IQ points bro. :happy:

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Nah, your jinx and bad juju giving thread morphed into non-magical, very real Inter being a toxic club one a while ago, and you were a key participant with your predictable odd and hilarious multiple meltdowns. Right now it's both.

There's an official Ronaldo at Juve thread. And two others.
Your club spent hundreds of millions to emulate what the 'toxic' club achieved 8 years ago. ;)

You can go ahead and create a thread for João Mario if you feel bad for him. I am sure you genuinely care about his well being... :lala:

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
nooo pav he really is posting his genuine and honest opinion bro, what's wrong with you???

shhhhh play naive and stupid. He can't be treated otherwise. IQ points bro. :happy:
So I guess Messi and De Zerbi are trying to jinx juve then?

Laughable.

Thread's legit. :stuckup:

juve reached 2 CL finals, ok they got ****ed in both but it will probably be a case of third time lucky (for Allegri)

Naturally I hope I will be wrong.

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
Is João Mario value for money?

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
"Juventus are CL favourites"
Football Italia

Juventus sporting director Fabio Paratici admits “we have the role of favourites” in the Champions League this season.

The Bianconeri have reached the final of Europe’s elite club competition twice in recent years, but lost to Barcelona in 2015 and Real Madrid in 2017.

This summer they signed Cristiano Ronaldo, and after beating Manchester United on Tuesday they’ve made a perfect start to their European campaign.

“We’ve been giving answers on the European stage for years,” Paratici said in the Press conference after today’s shareholders’ meeting.

“We went out of the Champions League at the last second against Real Madrid and Bayern Munich, and we’ve played in two finals. We’re at a high level.

“This year we have the role of favourites, and we’ve earned that by playing at a very high level in Europe.

“We knew we could have a great game in Manchester and we did it.”

---

Lots of people agreeing with me...

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Lippi: ‘Juventus can win the treble’
Football Italia

Marcello Lippi believes “Juventus can win everything this year”, and sees Napoli as their only Scudetto rivals thanks to the “masterful” Carlo Ancelotti.

The Bianconeri have won all but one of their Serie A games this season, and have a perfect record in the Champions League after the 1-0 win at Manchester United on Tuesday night.

“The feeling that this could be the right season arrived almost immediately,” Lippi told Corriere dello Sport.

“I said for years that the team, already Champions League finalists twice in recent years, had reached a level close to the three strongest clubs: Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich.

“Well, now it’s time to say that Juventus lead the group of favourites.

“The merit all goes to Juventus, and they have to watch that they don’t underestimate certain opponents. The motivation in the Champions League is very strong, there are always teams to beat - always!

“It’s wrong to speak about only one favourite, but the authority and the self belief achieved by the Bianconeri is the engine which drives them to the highest level, then they added Cristiano Ronaldo.

“They took someone who brings five Ballons d’Or, five Champions League, an average of over 50 goals a season and 159 in the Champions League.

“Other than [Lionel] Messi there’s no other player who can improve the performance of a team like Cristiano, the best player in the world.

“Zizou [Zinedine Zidane], a fabulous man and player, grew along with Juve, while CR7 is a phenomenal added value.

“He adds to champions who are increasingly complete like [Federico] Bernardeschi and [Paulo] Dybala, not to mention the signings of [Joao] Cancelo and [Leo] Bonucci.

“I saw a spectacular Juve at Old Trafford, I really liked them. I enjoyed the way they dominated in one of the most difficult and glorious stadiums in the world. In the most complicated game, they showed the personality that confirmed their growth.

“On the other hand, I was surprised by the non-play of Manchester United. United can’t stand and watch another team for an hour, even if it’s a super Juve.

“Jose Mourinho? I agree with his comments that Bonucci and Chiellini could teach defence at Harvard. But I repeat: a team with that technical quality remained closed, as they’d already done for a long time against Chelsea.”

Having offered his opinion on Mourinho, Lippi was asked about Massimiliano Allegri.

“He’s matured again, he’s one of the best Coaches in the world who leads one of the strongest teams in the world.

“The treble? Juventus always start every season trying to win everything, even in the past with me. It’s a psychological characteristic that is not a sign of presumption, but of awareness of one's own strength.

“Experience tells you that if you want to win something, you have to aim to win everything.

“It’s a mistake to say ‘if you don’t win this year you’ve won nothing’, though I understand. Let’s just say that this time the feeling is Juve can win everything.”

The China Coach was then asked who could challenge his old side domestically.

“Compared to the beginning of the season I think we have to take note of the improvement of Inter, who have found a position more in line with their value.

“Then there’s Napoli, masterfully led by Carlo Ancelotti, and I think only they can challenge Juve for the Scudetto.”

---

I guess Lippi wants to 'jinx juve' like the geniuses pav and rhiz are accusing me of doing..

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
We can add Vialli to the list of people sharing my opinion.

But no, when I mention it then it's a so-called 'jinx'..

Vialli: 'Juve best team in Europe'
Football Italia

Gianluca Vialli said Juventus are “to be considered the strongest team” in the Champions League and favourites to win for the first time since 1996.

“Barcelona and Manchester City are very strong sides,” Vialli told Sport Mediaset.

“The Blaugrana have Lionel Messi, while City play a style of football that is at times sublime, but not as consistent as the Bianconeri.

“Juventus have one of the two best players in the world, who won the Champions League four times in the last five years. I think Juve should only rightly be considered the strongest team in the tournament this season.

“Ronaldo sets the example for his teammates with actions rather than words. Even if he has won everything, with great humility he still believes that he can improve.”

·
Registered
162 Posts
Awesome quote from Mourinho that chiellini and Bonucci could teach defense at Harvard :D

The Italian fanboy in me rejoices.
He's just saying that out of self-defense. It's all part of his 'woe is me, I have bad players, how am I suppose to compete with Juventus?' narrative, ignoring that he's spent a crap tonne. The players he's signed, for far more than Juventus did, has simply played worse. That's all. How much money has Jose spent on the likes of Bailley and Lindeldof?

Bentancur, who was signed for like 10m, bossed the midfield, while Fred, who was signed for 50m, couldn't get a game.

101 - 120 of 146 Posts