Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
67,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who needs Ronaldo (or even Dybala and Morata, both were out injured)

Sports uniform Muscle Tabloid Sports equipment Sleeve

·
Registered
67,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Not to forget that the core of this juve won the Euros last summer. Chiellini, Bonucci, Locatelli, Chiesa... so why not..

·
Registered
19,302 Posts
Hahahaha

·
Registered
48,517 Posts
lol

This year they are so bad that there is no need to jinx them. The performance of Juventus yesterday reminded me the ones of Ascoli/Avellino/Catanzaro ecc. in the 80s when they managed to defeat the same Juventus in the odd game in spite of no ball possession and thanks to one shot on goal.
They are going to win nothing and least of all the Champions League. Their target for the season can just be the top4 in serie A and it won't be easy. They might need some help.

·
MVP
9,124 Posts
Living rent-free in your mind, are they now? Damn man, you haven't changed since the dawn of this forum.

Nah we ain't winning sh*t bro. I won't be surprised by a Zenit thumping in the next game.

·
Registered
18,476 Posts
This is a good thread @Nerazzurri4life

I'd give more weight to the fighting spirit of this Juve than most people do here. Allegri will take his rhythm again. De Ligt is building confidence as a starter. Chiesa will take more of a leadership role now that Dybala is injured. The only thing left is to find a replacement for Rabiot on the left.

·
Registered
19,302 Posts
Can seriously see them bouncing back big time after this in both competitions.

They'll be Milan's main challengers this season

·
Registered
67,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol

This year they are so bad that there is no need to jinx them. The performance of Juventus yesterday reminded me the ones of Ascoli/Avellino/Catanzaro ecc. in the 80s when they managed to defeat the same Juventus in the odd game in spite of no ball possession and thanks to one shot on goal.
They are going to win nothing and least of all the Champions League. Their target for the season can just be the top4 in serie A and it won't be easy. They might need some help.
I wish you are right but beating Chelsea after the departure of CR and in the absences of Morata and Dybala is admittedly pretty impressive.

I worry about the irony of football and nothing is more ironic than juve getting CR to win CL, then he leaves and they win the CL senza CR!

·
Registered
48,517 Posts
I worry about the irony of football and nothing is more ironic than juve getting CR to win CL, then he leaves and they win the CL senza CR!
The irony might be that they meet CR7 in the round of 16 and they kick him out, just to go out to Sheriff (where there is a sheriff there might be justice :D ) in the quarter finals because of a penalty.

Seriously, they have lots of problems which can't be overcome simply by playing some kind of catenaccio. They can win the odd game, but overcoming better opponents over 180 minutes requires the quality they right now miss. Liverpool, PSG, Manchester City, Bayern, Atletico, the same Chelsea... would eliminate Juventus over 2 legs. It's a club who needs to rebuild from pretty much zero but in order to do that first needs to get rid of heavy weights no one wants. And heal the debts!
Listen to my prediction: they are going to sell De Ligt and Chiesa in 2-3 seasons.

·
Registered
18,476 Posts
I wish you are right but beating Chelsea after the departure of CR and in the absences of Morata and Dybala is admittedly pretty impressive.

Reminds me of the irony of Ibra repelling the CL at Juve, Inter and Barca.

·
Registered
48,517 Posts
With the huge difference that CR7 actually won 4 CLs with Real Madrid and 1 with United, so the problem regarded more Juventus than CR7.
Inter and barcelona were great teams even without Ibra, to the extent that one could think they were better without Ibra. As regards Juventus there is no doubt that Juventus were already weak in spite of him and are even more weakened by the fact that he has left.

·
Registered
67,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Inter and Barca as he left Inter in 2009, we won CL in 2010. He left Barca in 2010, they won CL in 2011. juve weren't winning CL before or after Zlatan..

·
Registered
Valencia CF
354 Posts
Zlatan a big CL fraud.

Played for Capello's Juve, Mancini's Inter, Pep's Barca, Allegri's Milan and rich PSG over a 12 year period and never even reached a CL final.

No coincidence.

·
Registered
18,476 Posts
With the huge difference that CR7 actually won 4 CLs with Real Madrid and 1 with United, so the problem regarded more Juventus than CR7.
Inter and barcelona were great teams even without Ibra, to the extent that one could think they were better without Ibra. As regards Juventus there is no doubt that Juventus were already weak in spite of him and are even more weakened by the fact that he has left.
Disagree about the last part. Juve is stronger in a tight game like vs Chelsea without CR7 imo (now, not years ago)

·
Registered
48,517 Posts
Beware of the odd game. If Juve face Chelsea 10 times they win no more than a pair of times. I understand what you mean and I know that Allegri prefers 11 players who do exactly what he wants them to do to 10 players and one CR7, but the overall quality of the 11 players matters. More, even giving for certain the fact that Juventus hardly concedes goals in a tight game like vs Chelsea (which isn't a certainty indeed!) there are 33/34 goals per season someone has to score instead of CR7.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts