Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, we have all discussed here..what will be and what will not be, what's wrong and right....but what will be hte line up?
So far Luxemburgo has one doubt in his head...to put Rivaldo up front with Ronaldinho Gaucho and Alex on the middle, or to keep Franca to partner ROnaldinho Gaucho and Rivaldo plays in the middle. I would rahter see Djalminha in themiddle with Rivaldo, and if thing sitghten up put Alex in theplace of someone....and whatever happens not to put Ze Roberto in the game...put Junior who is a better left back and midfielder than Ze Roberto at the moment.

But hte line up should be:

1.Dida

2.Evanilson :( 3.Antonio Carlos 4.Roque Jr 6.RC

8.Vampeta 5.Emerson :(

11.Ze Roberto :(

10.Rivaldo

7.Ronaldinho Gaucho 9.Franca (Alex)

What is the Argentina line up Czar or Argentina???
I know that Batistuta will not play!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
ze, that is almost exactly the lineup i had. except, don't put in ze roberto for even 1 minute. put in ALEX at the beginning. and you have to give franca another chance. it is not his fault that the midfielders did not give him the ball.

a midfield with emerson, vampeta, rivaldo and alex is AWESOME! i hope we never see cesar sampaio ever again. i know you like him, so i would just like to thank him for his three goals in the world cup: one was off his shoulder, one was a nice header, and the last one was a fluke that bounced straight to him and hit him in the foot and went in the goal.

thank you, cesar, no go home.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Falcao,
can i go to the party on your house, for the retirement of C Sampaio?:)
I would prefer Djalminha with Rivaldo...and then it would rememebr the midfield of the Palmeiras of 96 of the 100 goals. If Djalminha does not turn on the first half then put Alex, after all Alex has the stigma of sleeping in games, and if he came on the second half he would know that he had the responsability.:)
Falcao, but I get the feeling a lot of things will change after this game......I think he will finally call amrcelinho and Juninho..we need people on the right, our team is too much tended to the left and the middle is a funil...while on the right is always an avenue that it is unexplored.
Heads will fall after this game, lets hope its only players.....and that Luxemburgo can stay, cause I believe in him, although I never agree with his selections!
Anyway Ricardo Teixeira sid that he guaratees Luxemburgo until the olympics...after that he does not guarantee....so Luxa might asweel get a victory wednesday and send the balck witch away. I believe in this team...they will finally play with guts :) after all its our biggest and most difficult rivals!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
i am happy to hear that luxemburgo will stay at least until the olympics. he can win that thing. then he will go down in history as the tecnico who finally won olympic gold for brazil.

yeah, i am ready for marcelinho and juninho, especially juninho. the other day i was watching a tape of brazil-thailand. crap match 7-0. but juninho was GREAT! i don't understand how brazil can have so many players all over the country but have a big hole on the right side of the national team.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Argentina's starting eleven will line up as follows:

Bonano

Ayala-Samuel-Sensini

Zanetti-Simeone-Veron-Gonzalez

Ortega

Lopez-Crespo

I would love to see Aimar & Almeyda in the starting line up, but our current team chemistry is very good, so there is no real need to mix things up at the moment.

[Edited by czar on 24-07-2000 at 08:29]

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Czar,
this tactical system is it what is being used by the Argentine clubs or is it something Bielsa himself put it, inspired by Europe?

Falcao,
a lot of it is politics :( Why Marcelinho is not on the team? The only answer...the manager deos not like him. And then he calls himself "professional":(

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
hahahaha If this system is indeed inspired by Europe then mabye that is why we are at 15 points.

And also Juninho is the one who plays in Brasil right? he is good but Marcelinho is better.

Juninho should also be in teh squad though because you have no top quality right sided player in your midfield right now. But again Carioca dude takes the cake.

But even then our midfield is way way superior to your team bro.

its a matter of pressing home that superiority.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Ze, as ilTAZZ, mentioned in his post, the system is definetly inspired by the Dutch system of total football. Until, last season under Van Gaal the same system was applied by Barcelona. This system and concept was first applied by the Dutch in the 1970's with players like Cruyff and Neskeens.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
I can't wait for this match!! When Argentina and Brazil, meet it is never a dull affair. There is no real certain winner in a match like this. I do believe that we'll leave Brazil, with a positive result :)

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Czar; Allow me to correct you there. Holland's totalfootball system was invented by Rinus Mitchell (wrong spelling perhaps) and used by Ajax and many other Dutch teams alike since then.
They NEVER played 3 defenders. It has always been 4-3-3 or 4-4-2.
In the 80's most European countries played 3-5-2 influenced by Beckenbauer's ventures in the late 70's.

Argentina's 3-4-1-2 system I don't know the founder off. I didn't know it was used systematically before Zaccheroni used it with Milan to win serie A two seasons ago.
Last season Juventus, Parma, Roma and Inter among many other Italian teams jumped that train with various modifications as the team has to have a good playmaker to make it work.

Ciao.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Actually Malesani's Parma was the first to use the 3-4-1-2 but everyone thinks it is Zach's idea because they won the scudetto but Malesani adopted it.

Whether he was the first historically to pull the playmaker totally out of the midfield i don't know if historically he is the first but he is definately the first to do it in my lifetime.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Glen, thanks for the clarification. Above, anything Argentina is utilizing an adaptation of the Dutch concept of total football. At times the team tactically goes into a 4-3-3 formation. Argentina, above anything looks to use the width of the pitch, and have virtually ever player both attacking and defending whenever necessary.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts