Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! My name is Oivind von Mehren - I am a norwegian student currently writing a book about african players in European football. I am desperately looking for someone who can help me finding information about the africans playing in Croatia ! The information I need is their full name, nationality, date of birth and position on field - you can also send me an e-mail at [email protected] :)
Here are the players I have in my database who has ever played in Croatia

JERO SHAKPOKE
EDMOND KINGSTON
THOMAS AMUGI-TETTEH
DANIEL WANSI
ERNEST SIANKAM
MASS SARR
ANTHONY TOKPAH

Are these players the only africans who has ever played in Croatia?

If anyone know of other former or current african players in the croatian leagues – both at first level and at the lower levels – please let me know!

Any information is very much appreciated!!! If you cannot help me - please send this e-mail to someone who might can! I will be eternal grateful!

Yours sincerly

Oivind von Mehren – Norway

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
currently i think there is none african player in croatia.

·
Registered
69,451 Posts
von_mehren said:
JERO SHAKPOKE
EDMOND KINGSTON
THOMAS AMUGI-TETTEH
DANIEL WANSI
ERNEST SIANKAM
MASS SARR
ANTHONY TOKPAH
Thomas Amugi-Tetteh is a regular for NK Zadar. He is a defensive midfielder, 24 years old and he comes from Ghana.

Daniel Wansi played in Croatia last season for Inter Zapresic, he is from Cameroon and a striker. He came from a team in one of the Arab leagues. He currently plays for Dynamo Dresden in the second Bundesliga.

Mass Sarr played for Hajduk Split in the mid 90's, striker from Liberia and I think he plays in a league outside of Europe.

Sakpoke was with Rijeka but never played a match, defender and he is 26/27 years old. He mainly played in Serie B.

Tokpah is a goalkeeper and currently plays in America, not sure from where or if he played in Croatia.

Siankam currently plays in Ukraine, striker from Cameroon, don't know where in Croatia he played.

Kingston, don't knoe

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
Patrice Kwedi was the 1st black player in Dinamo Zagreb, and the only one so far, he didn't get the chance so he went to Sweden and then Portugal I think.

Name: Patrice Kwedi
Date of birth: 20.09.1983
Birth place: Yaounde (CAM)
Position: Defender

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Lista said:
He played for Hajduk along with Mass Sarr.
haha..Mass Sarr.....what a wrong buy...to fat guy.....but he did one thing right....the 3-2 goal against malmö a couple of years ago. :shades:

·
Registered
13,464 Posts
Anthony Tokpah played for Hajduk, now he is a keeper/player in an amateur indoor league I play at, I scored a goal against him last season,he also plays for a local amateur team here(outdoor),hes a very good goalkeeper, sometimes when he makes a mistakes he curses in Croatian

·
Registered
13,464 Posts
Tokpah also played for the Atlanta Silverbacks couple of years ago, they'r an A-League side in America

·
©
7,230 Posts
VELEZ1922 said:
Anthony Tokpah played for Hajduk, now he is a keeper/player in an amateur indoor league I play at, I scored a goal against him last season,he also plays for a local amateur team here(outdoor),hes a very good goalkeeper, sometimes when he makes a mistakes he curses in Croatian
:D

When i was in Croatia last time I saw a few Africans playing in the dinamo juniors. Not sure if they stayed long or not. Also when the dinamo youth team came to Australia recently, there was an Asian player among them.

·
©
7,230 Posts
He was Asian. I heard a while ago about Korean juniors going there, maybe he was one of them.

As for African players coming to Croatia, there should be more of it. They are fairly cheap, they are hungry to prove themselves and there is alot of talent. The same goes for Sth America.

·
Banned
12,611 Posts
dinamovac11 said:
:D

When i was in Croatia last time I saw a few Africans playing in the dinamo juniors. Not sure if they stayed long or not. Also when the dinamo youth team came to Australia recently, there was an Asian player among them.
:wth:

·
Registered
6 Posts
von_mehren did you read 2nd. HNL theme? You might find answers to your question there.
There are two Cameroonian players in nk Metalac, Chago Mathias and Engoue Mathias. Engoue Mathias is currently in Serbia for probation in one of the first league teams.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts