Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! My name is Oivind von Mehren - I am a norwegian student currently writing a book about african players in European football. I am desperately looking for someone who can help me finding information about the africans playing in the lower leagues in Austria! With that I mean level 3, 4 or 5.

If anyone know of former or current african players in these leagues please let me know! ABIODUN SHODEINDI and EMANUEL OLANIYAN are players that interests me - are they nigerian???

The information I need is their full name, nationality, date of birth and position on field - you can also send me an e-mail at [email protected] :)

I'm also interested in africans who has recently signed for any austrian club - has SAMADU AWUDU gone to Bregenz???

Any information is very much appreciated!!! If you cannot help me - please send this e-mail to someone who might can! I will be eternal grateful!

Yours sincerly

Oivind von Mehren - Norway

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Level 3,4,5...that's a tough one.
I can only state the ones I know and can think of at the moment, which is far from 100% complete...

full name - team (league) - nationality - date of birth - position

Issah Moro - FC Dornbirn (Regionalliga West - 3rd level) - Ghana - 24.12.1974 - striker

Emanuel Olaniyan - Wiener Sportklub (Regionalliga Ost - 3rd level) - Nigeria - 5.11.1979 - striker

Abiodun Shodeindi - Fortuna 05 (Regionalliga Ost - 3rd level) - Nigeria - ? - ?

Kapta Mudimula - Waidhofen/Thaya (2. Landesliga West NÖ - 5th level I think) - Zaire - 21.5.1973 - midfielder/striker

There is noone called Samadu Awudu at Bregenz as far as I know, but they have an african player - Oliver Nzuzi from Congo.
Players who just recently joined an Austrian club in the top division:
- Benedict Akwuegbu (Nigeria), joined FC Tirol from St.Gallen (Switzerland), played in Austria before (GAK)
- Pa Saikou Kujabi (Gambia), GAK

I'll update the list as soon as I remember some others or find the missing data for Shodeindi or if you want to know anything more about the listed players.
Good luck with your project. :)

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
David Adjei (Ghana)
ASK Köflach, Austrian 3rd (Regionalliga Mitte) - (played for NK Mura, NK Beltinci, Atlético Mineiro, Corinthians São Paulo)

Emmanuel Akwuegbu (Nigeria)
FC Waidhofen/Ybbs, Austrian 3rd (Regionalliga Ost) - (played for Schwarz-Weiß Bregenz, RC Lens)

Peter Omenka (Nigeria)
FC Rot-Weiß Rankweil, Austrian 3rd (Regionalliga West) - (played for Kanadu)

Well, overall that's a sea of querstions, with the hundreds of players. However, google delivers quite a row of websites delivering a lot of information. One of them I know, for Nigerians, check http://www.nigerianplayers.com/

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
Also, as just coming to my mind, for rosters www.eufo.de is a gem. Squads from all over Europe, partly down to 3rd league and thus, e.g. delivering Momoh Bangura (Sierra Leone), midfielder for AC Pistoiese .....

They also have Austrian 3rd league, so if you feel like it, Mx, you or friends from Regionalliga forums can update them for having correct squads at any time.

·
Running a lax ship
17,525 Posts
...I just love eufo. Issa Nikiema (Burkina Faso) striking for Genjlerbirliyi Sumgayit to fight relegation from the Azerbaijan first league... ;)

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Alexx said:
Emmanuel Akwuegbu (Nigeria)
FC Waidhofen/Ybbs, Austrian 3rd (Regionalliga Ost) - (played for Schwarz-Weiß Bregenz, RC Lens)
Of course, I forgot about him. But I think he's not with Waidhofen anymore, left in the off-season. No idea about his new team.

Eufo looks good, the First Vienna squad is pretty complete for example, but striker-god Michael Miksits as midfielder, oh the horror! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts