• Augustin Okocha (Bolton/Nigeria)

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57,655 Posts
Samuel Eto'o...Surely. Then Okocha.

Eto'o led Real Mallorca to the Coppa del Rey triumph, scoring a brace in the final against Recreativo. Not only that but the next day he played in the Confederations Cup final in Paris !! Talk about commitment and loyalty. He scored a magnificent goal against Brazil. He had a brilliant season with Real Mallorca. He single-handedly destroyed Real Madrid at the Bernabeu.

Okocha saved Bolton from relegation. Drogba was on-fire with Guingamp and he ended 2003 as OM's top scorer. It's tight, but Samuel should be the worthy winner.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Same player for me. Unlike the other two he can also show off a teamtrophy that was won thnx to his efforts and killing Real at homeground is a major achievement. Much bigger than that you can hardly get in a single match.

Still the other two had a more than good year too. Okocha brought a lot back of his old fame and Drogba is now a name to remember. Last year I didn't know him at all, but scoring what was it 5 goals in the CL, for a team that didn't do so well there and a good amount also in the French league are nice stats.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Okocha without a doubt. He has been the great inspirator for Bolton this season and also last season. He is back at his best after a torrid time at PSG. He shows week in week out that he is one of the best players that Africa has ever produced and that he is one of the best authentical playmakers on the European pitches. He is the kind of player that you come to the stadium for. He stands out among all the boring footballers.

Drogba. I was surprised he could live up to expectations at OM. Often when players make a big move they flop but he has done really well at the Vélodrome. Still, with OM poor in the league, and eliminated from the CL, I am quite dissapointed.

Eto'o. Great player who is more a main contender than Drogba to compete with Okocha. He has been playing great for years now at Mallorca and you start to wonder when he will make his big move?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts