Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well to be honest I don't like them. Mostely very good reflexes, but not reliable at all. Maybe Peter Rufai was my favovourite. Now they say Nader (Club Brugge) is the best African goallie, but he bites. he really really is bad. Who do you think is the best keeper of Africa?

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Nader

Nader ofcourse !!!!!!!!!!

Nader was and still is the best goalkeeper in Africa, what do you expect if Club Brugge dont play him ??? He is our First golkeeper in Egypt and I think he is very good.. Every time our coach calls him for an international match he finds out that Nader is 9 Kilos overweight !! What do they do with him ?? Does club brugge have any goalie trainers ??? NAder allowed only 1 goal in 6 matches during ACN98 which we won defeating South Africa 2-0, thats says it all..

Shokri el Ouaer WAS a good keeper, if anyone just saw his game against Nigeria in ACN2000 you will know why he isnt now..

Shobair was an excellent keeper but he still wasnt like Ekrami...

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sabry last season Danny Verlinden, the first goallie of Brugge, was injured. Nader got his chance, a real chance but he blew it. His reflexes were ok (nothing more nothing less) but his positioning, his aerial abilities, his coaching of the defence... was a disgrace to first class football. In the games he played he easily lost 5 or 6 points for his team. Therefore for me its hard to believe he's that good.

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
!!!

May I know how he "easily lost 5 or six points for his team" ??? Did he allow the ball to pass through his legs or did he kick it in his net ?? Maybe the deffense wasnt that good !!! Nader was our keeper in our last two games and every game, against Ghana (2-0) and Senegal (0-0) he didnt allow any goals.. You must remember the Egypt X Belgium (1-0) game in Brussels in 1998 right ?? How did he play ??? Our NT coach puts a very hard and special excercise for him since brugge dont take good care of him.. I know he isnt a starter for Brugge and next year he will be leaving to a Turkish club but from what I see and what the African football association sees he is number one in Africa..

·
Registered
703 Posts
Amoroso i totally disagree Rufai is 1 hell of a Goalkeeper u may not have seen him while he was at FARENSE a crap portuguese team man he was 1 goalkeeper...

2 me the best keeper now is William Andem of Boavista man this guy pulls saves out of his ass man he is good...

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I'll just remind you of one game: WC98 Denmark-Nigeria 4-1.Dont tell it me it was by chance because ALL 4 goals were absolutely his fault.However,this is only one examble,he does this kind of things all the time...

Q

·
0 Posts
Goalkeepers

I like african goalkeepers. They are always good for a laugh!

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Amo: you're right I forgot about Songo'o, but what you say about Rufai is not true. Sure that one game he was really bad, but I 've seen a lot of games (in Beveren, when he played in Holland and with the nigerian national team) where he saved his team.

Sabry he was especially bad at high balls. Crosses that he should have intercepted reached the attackers who headed them home. But also on free-kicks. I remember the game at Westerlo where he put up the wall completely wrong, then chose a totaly wrong position (never saw that really!). Y ou could see the Westerlo player (I thought it was Benoit Thans?) being surprised. A look on "his face is this serious". Then he simply lifted the ball above the wall and scored. It was quite a weak shot, no good at all. Brugge lost that game (2-1??), the other goal was also Nader's fault. In Belgium everybody expected a lot of him because of him being announced as the best keeper of Africa. Maybe it was the pressure that killed him.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Well i will have to go with Amo on this one, Peter Rufai really sucks, the number of times that guy gave me headaches whenever Nigeria was playing are uncountable anyway the goalkeeper that will always be on my mind is Thomas Nk'ono (spelled right????)anyway he was playing for Cameroon in World cup 1990 he was just sensational, the referee robbed Cameroon in the game against Britain but it would have been the first time an African team reaches the semi-final and they would have met Germany...i will never forget that World cup.
anyway Cameroon has produced some of the best African goalkeepers, there was another one who replaced Nk'ono i cannot remember his name and then there is Song'o he is quite decent...

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes N'kono (or how you spell it)! There are alot of player of that wc who I forgot about. What happened to him?

Still I Go for Rufai. As I said I don't like African goallies that much. Rufai isn't in my top 50 of best keepers, but still i think he's the best Africa had.

True that ref did all he could to keep Cameroon out of the semi's.

D

·
0 Posts
Morocco's WC 1998 keeper was awful, Benzekri

I'd rather prefer Jaques Song'o he was all class :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts