1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Big Eto'o!! A good player and better person. He has been a great signing and he has convinced everyone that he is top class. Many people had doubts about him, it seems that even Rijkaard and Ten Cate prefered a different striker, a kind of Larsson, because they thought that Eto'o was a second striker and not a 9. Some others were afraid about his behaviour and he has shown to have the head over his shoulders. Besides, he is the one who is carrying the flag against racism in Spain and he does it even defending his personal friend, Luis Aragonés (I recommend you to hear the interview of yesterday night in El Larguero, if someone is interested, I can find the link, but you only can hear it today).

A player that plays for the team, not the usual selfish striker, and a player that is thankful to the club for the effort done in his signing, paid as a mega star.

Last year, he achieved this award too playing for Mallorca. Now, he got the covers of the press and the international recognition that he deserved since long ago and not achieved just for wearing the jersey of a smaller team.

Samuel Eto'o, the King Lion, the Best African player!!! :star: Congratulations!

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
he definetely deserves this award :thmbup:

he showed why he's one of the best strikers in the world scoring alot of goals and creating chances for his team-mates.he's good both on and off the pitch so this ward would be a reward for all his efforts.

congrats LION!:star:

·
Registered
122 Posts
It's not yet official.I wouldn't want a last minute unpleasant surprise.He deserves it by every inch.On the field he's special and has charisma.He passes well,scores,dribbles,high work rate,can play anywhere upfront and above all a fighter.

Young and experienced.

He has justified the 24m euros.

Good luck to him.The feature beckons him welcome.

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
I love the fact that he's not going to the award ceremony in order not to miss trainings for this weekend's game...

·
In Pep, We Trust!
6,149 Posts
zyad said:
I love the fact that he's not going to the award ceremony in order not to miss trainings for this weekend's game...
He is a champion, and day by day he is proving it to all the world!

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
zyad said:
I don't want to bring the Saviola issue back, but this comment made me think about it.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
1,944 Posts
Congrats to Etoo!

It was well deserved. May the goals continue to flow. :D

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/20050216/NOTICIA191959316.html

It's official :thmbup:

Last night in Durban, it was announced that Samuel Eto'o was the 2004 African Player of the Year.

Samuel Eto'o received 116 votes, while Didier Drogba finished in second place with 90 votes, and Jay Jay Okocha finished in third place with 63 votes. It's the third time that Samuel Eto'o has won this award.

:star:

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Both have earnt transfers to high profile clubs and performed decent enough but only Drogba helped his previous side (Olympique de Marseille) in winning something.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Mr. Etoo. I hope to actually see the great man play soon (for the first time) during the CL windup. I missed the Milan game on ESPN. If he were English, I bet he'd be considered a "Galactico." Nonetheless, substance is the more important than a mere title.

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Politician said:
The Copa del Rey isn't really a trophy then, right?
I honestly forgot about Real Mallorca's 2003 victory but I was referring to last season, anyhow.

Losing is something;Winning is everything.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts