Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 593 Posts

·
Registered
68,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From January 9th til February 6th.

Shorts Weights Sports equipment Strength training Recreation

Algeria are the holders and have the likes of Mahrez, Ben rahma, Slimani, Brahimi and Blaili, lots of attacking depth and quality. And they are fresh from winning the Arab Cup which they won without their Europe based players.

Senegal will be hungry to win their first ever ACN, having lost the 2019 final to an unlucky deflection. With Mane, Koulibaly, Mendy and Co they are my favourites.

Egypt are the record holders (7 times, last being in 2010) but I very much doubt we can win this ACN

Morocco are perennial underachiers in ACN, they have the likes of Hakimi, Amrabat, Bouno in their squad but the big exclusion is that of Chelsea winger Ziyech.

Then you have the usual big names like Nigeria, Cote d'ivoire, Ghana, Tunisia and hosts Cameroon.

Gambia and Comores will be making their ACN debuts. Gambia have a bunch of players in Serie A so they should be interesting.

Was thinking where to start this thread, here or World football forum, but there hasn't been a post in 10 months in the African football forum so it can use some activity.

Post your predictions and views in this thread, I will make sure to keep it active when the tournament starts.

·
Registered
48,768 Posts
So the new stadium, an article I read defines the new cathedral in the middle of nothing, has the name of a person who is alive, the second president in the history of Cameroon, the president since 1982 (!!!!).

·
Registered
48,768 Posts
Yep, the older stadium in Yaoundé was built during the reign... I meant the presidency of the first president of Cameroon and named after him, against his wishes too. :D

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
Why is Ziyech out?

·
1st Tier Poster
52,866 Posts
Yep, the older stadium in Yaoundé was built during the reign... I meant the presidency of the first president of Cameroon and named after him, against his wish too. :D
The first president later on apparently tried a coup against this Biya guy and was sentenced to death.

But now they both have stadiums named after them.

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
So the new stadium, an article I read defines the new cathedral in the middle of nothing, has the name of a person who is alive, the second president in the history of Cameroon, the president since 1982 (!!!!).
I read somewhere it's made by an Italian company btw

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
My favorites : Cote 'd Voire, Senegal, Algeria.

Then of course you have the likes of Nigeria, Egypt and Cameroon who are perennial heavyweights in the competition.

What happened to Ziyech?

·
Registered
41,465 Posts
Excited to follow this tournament. Wherever you look in Europe, there are fantastic African players, so the pool of talent has definitely increased over the years.

Really interested in the countries Inas listed, along with Ghana (with Kudus and Sulemana among others).

Ziyech btw fell out with Morocco's head coach (Vahid Halihodzic) and the chairman of their FA. Apparently his mentality was poor. He arrived late, looked uninterested and had a negative impact on the atmosphere within the squad. Seems like his days with the NT are already numbered. Shame, as he's a great player on his day, but clearly one who comes with a manual.

·
Registered
17,323 Posts
Subscribed....not sure how many games they will show on Fubo but we had the Arab Cup so they should have the games.

If not, racism :D

·
Registered
68,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This tournament has Comoros, Mauritania and Malawi, but not South Africa? wtf
South Africa were eliminated after losing in Sudan. The Sudanese goalie was excellent on the day and Sudan have a couple of good strikers (Abdel Rahman and Tery)

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Funny about South Africa. You could swear they have one of the best, if not the best, organized local league in the continent. Yet they always struggle in African football.

·
Registered
68,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Funny about South Africa. You could swear they have one of the best, if not the best, organized local league in the continent. Yet they always struggle in African football.
Their current players aren't as good as the Bartletts, Mccarthys and Masingas

·
Registered
68,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It starts today. Opening game Cameroon the hosts against Burkina Faso. Then there's Ethiopia v Cape Verde. Obviously it sucks that ACN is played during the European club season but will try to catch as many games as possible

1 - 20 of 593 Posts