Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people. It's me here, a proud Footscray fan. :howler: Round 1 started, so let's start too!! Had a ticket to the game last night but missed it due to work. Way to start the season though! Stringer with 3 and the rest including Tom Boyd kicked one. Its been years and years since we had a FF, hopefully that goal last night by Boyd is just the first of atleast 60 this season. :howler:

·
Registered
28,215 Posts
Nice start by the Dogs, I hope you can have a solid season.

Some unexpected results yesterday already, 3 underdogs from 4 winning, and the 4th could have won too in Bombers.

Not sure why the Pies started such long odds though. :undecide:

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some good young talents in Brisbane. I only got Sydney right yesterday :p lucky I didn't do my Tigers, Gold Coast and Sydney multi.

·
Registered
42,475 Posts
Were you at the MCG yesterday? Great start to the season.

Anyway, even early this season, it's looking hard to go past the Hawks once more. Only teams I can maybe see challenging them - Sydney, Fremantle, and as an outside bet, Adelaide impressed me a lot in their win against North Melbourne. Of course it's early still.

I think Fremantle will beat Geelong convincingly today, despite the game being played in Geelong.

It's looking like a horrible decision on GC's part to sack McKenna.

And at the moment, Carlton will struggle to win a game this season. :palm:

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nah had work again. I wouldnt go MCG anyway, hate it there. I think I only went there twice since high school days lol. Aussie v Greece WC warm up match was probably the last time I been to the G. But yeah great start, 2 from 2. Now we got the Hawks. If we dont screw up vs GWS, Saints and Melbourne (we play all 3 twice) we could have a real good shot at September footy.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually thinking of it now, I went to the G a fair bit in the past few years, just not to a Doggies game. We hardly play there anyway. Went to a few Bombers and Carlton games. I think it was the same season when they drew and then Carlton won by 10 goals or so and Betts had 5 or 6 goals and Walker took that mark of the year in the final quarter. Damn man, I had every tip that game, Betts to kick first goal (I think) Blues by 60plus and Betts most goals. But didnt place any of the bets. :howler:

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lol and some dumb fcuk was in my face yesterday at the pub saying that the Bulldogs had no chance. Would love to see his face tomorrow. :howler: 3w 1l, what a start! Unfortunately we've got the Swans next week in Sydney.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
After beating all top 8 candidates id be spewing if we can't beat St Kilda, Melbourne and GWS. We have Freo in Melbourne in between. So maybe 3 wins in our next 4?

·
Registered
42,475 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if you dropped one of those matches you expect a win from, say against Melbourne who have looked spirited at times this season. While the Bulldogs have been excellent this season, you've still got a young list and I doubt you can maintain this consistency week in week out so there's bound to be a dip eventually and any of these teams can take advantage of that.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A mate was saying the same thing on Saturday night. We still need to atleast win 2 of the next 4 though. We should be able to beat St Kilda but was surprised they managed to be in it the whole game yesterday.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts