Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
though not the most popular football in the world but ive seen some really good players here in kabul.may be these talents can shine in the upcoming tournaments where afghanistan will take part in.trust me if used right our players can be the future vieri nest van nistelrooy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Afghan players

i beleive to forget those players who did a "runner" and to concentrate of what can happen.

the worn torn country has been in war for over 30 yrs, and so many Afghans had fled abroad, there are many (like myself) who are young and play at a good level in there country and can represent afghanistan.

from what i heard, they have the talent there, but no direction, no quality coaches, so its only a matter of time, only they they put there heads up and think.

9 players did a runner, and 3 a still on the "run" thats what living in war all your life makes you do when u just get a little chance to :"GET OUT" lol

·
Registered
228 Posts
I just know two Afghan players:

Obaidulla Karimi, who is currently playing for SV Lurup Hamburg, Germany
David Yaqubi, who is currently plaing for Concordia Hamburg, Germany

·
Registered
6 Posts
yeh i heard those players, they play in Germany. But i mean thats only in Germany, there has to be many more players who are at a level to represent Afghanistan. I mean the more abroad players the better, but i dont understand as to why heaps of afghan players arent putting there hand up to represent there nation.

Is Karimi and Yaqubi any good?, coz in the Saff games 2003, most of our team was german based players, yet we still lost?

·
Registered
228 Posts
They are currently playing in the German 4th level. I don´t know much about them.
Karimi has played in German 3th level in 2001, and Yaqubi was a regular player for 2 seasons, but I don´t know how they are currently doing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
oh ok, so why didnt they participate in more games if you dont mind me asking/hopefully you can answer the question.

bacause, all of the german based players played in one tournement and thats it?, what happenend?, doesnt the governement want foreign players?

·
Registered
228 Posts
I don´t know how the Afghan Association selects their players. Maybe the Afghan in Germany didn´t have time to play for the national team, or maybe their clubs didn´t allow them to play for the Afghan national team.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Some other Afghan players:
Yusuf Barak (KSV Baunatal, German 4th level)
Najib Naderi (TSV Bargteheide, Germany, don´t know what level)
Mortaza Naseri (USC Paloma Hamburg, German 4th or 5th level)
Ata Yamrali (TSV Sasel, German 4th level)

·
Registered
6 Posts
well im from australia, and i knew a couple who play a good level, which is myself

we are both still 19, turining 20 in 05

Edrees Mayar- Sydney Olympic (NSW Premier League)-1st grade
Sayeed Sarshar- Marconi Stallians (NSW Premier League)- 1st grade

Ill just explain to you the divisions, its frist the A-league, and which the National Australian league, anf its the State Divisions, which is the 2nd tier to the A league, therefore in the State NSW, the premier league is the top league.

another thing, if you could explain to me 4th level etc means, like i know the bundas league, then bundasleague 2, where does this 4th level come?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Thanks for the info!

In Germany:

1st 1. Bundesliga (national)
2nd 2. Bundesliga (national)
3rd Regionalliga (North and South)
4th Oberliga (something like the State Divisions)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Do you know if this guy is also Afghan?

Saeed Danesh
date of birth: August 6, 1985

Played for Ashfield during the seasons 2002/03 and 2003/04?

·
Registered
6 Posts
ok, well in Australia, iu think its a bit different, with respect to the divisons,

1- A- League- national- 1st grade, pretty much each state has a representative in the National league
2- State League (NSW, VIC, Etc) played in each state

Thus, In the state of NSW, there is
1- NSW Premier League (1st grade & reserves)
2- NSW Super League (1st grade & reserves)
3- Div 1 (1st grade & reserves)
4- Div 2 (1st grade & reserves)
5- Div 3 (1st grade & reserves)

currently i am playing in NSW premier league, 1st grade

saeed danish, umm, i dont know him by name, but if u can specifically tell me his club/state, i can pass on info on which division he is playing in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hey, ive found some more afghani players around the world, i will foreward you the info as soon as i get them, i also have info for saeed danish.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts