Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The situation at Samp was probably too quiet, but we did not need the question-Bettarini. The 31 years old left back received an offer from Valencia, 750.000 euro each year till 2006, and asked for the rescission of the contract with Sampdoria, 500.000 euro each year till 2005, right now.
The management of Sampdoria did not appreciate the act because the transfer campaign will close in a few days and Samp have already loaned out to Modena the other left back, Domizzi.

My opinion is that Samp management must not give in to blackmail. No counteroffer. Bettarini can go wherever he wants. Even (and better) to hell. :ass: :finger:
Of course we will miss his crosses from the left flank, but we won't miss the left defender since the left flank with him was not surely Fort Knox.

Forza Marotta, find a new left back, I know that you can! :happy: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
ToniSamp said:

Of course we will miss his crosses from the left flank, but we won't miss the left defender since the left flank with him was not surely Fort Knox.

LoL :howler: nice one Toni:thumbsup:

Do Valencia need to replace Amadeo Carboni then:confused: He must at least 50 years old;) :D If Bettarini and Valencia want to do things together let them wait until the end of the season:jester:

·
Registered
45,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The management of Sampdoria did not like the behaviour of the player, but preferred a soft reaction and simply told Valencia that if they want Bettarini in Ventura they have to make an offer cause his contract expires just in 2005 and it is not Christmas. More, they told the manager of Bettarini, Berti, that he has to find a new left back for Sampdoria, if he wants Bettarini to get free.
The names of possible substitute are the usual: the young Pisano and the old Benarrivo. The point is that Brescia pretend too much money for Pisano now, while Sampdoria will have the chance to get the player paying zero euros at the end of this season.
As regards Benarrivo he is considered a bit too old (35) and he has not played an entire match since march 2003.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Sincerly I'm not sure that this story about Bettarini is true,maybe it can be just a story thought by a Genoa's journalist;but probably it's true...

Bettarini did really a bad action,sampdoria brought him to an high level that he never knows before,there are also some voices about a probably call of Trap for him in the next match of national team.
Of course he had no to show this behaviour,just interested about money.
Samp wanted also to ask informations to FIFA about this story,because a team (Valencia) can't talk directly to a player,has to talk before with the other society.

By the way,for this year I think he will remain here,for the future Marotta has an option on the young Pisano of U21,better defender,and the same crosses of Mr.Ventura,but 10 years less.
Stefano in June for me can go wherever he wants,for me now Pisano didn't want to come already to Samp.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Trap sets squad deadline
Wednesday 4 February, 2004

Italy boss Giovanni Trapattoni has revealed that he will announce his squad for Euro 2004 between May 18 and 20.

The tactician will name a 23-man party who will be required to meet at the Coverciano training base on May 25.

The squad will remain in Florence until June 5 then they will be given two days off. They’ll fly to Portugal on June 7.

It has also been confirmed that there are plans to play one final friendly before the tournament on either May 30 or 31.

Italy will continue with their preparations this month when they face the Czech Republic in Palermo on February 18.

Whispers suggest that Sampdoria left-back Stefano Bettarini may win his maiden call-up after some fine displays.

Trap is set to have a closer look at Bettarini, wanted by Valencia in January, as he continues his search for a back-up to Gianluca Zambrotta.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Italy of course dont have so many left backs after Zambrotta which are that good, so its worth giving him a try!!!

·
Registered
45,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
With Grosso having a crappy half season and relegating himself to serie B (Palermo) the place for vice-Zambrotta is free. Yet, I think that with Birindelli, who can play both on the right and on the left flank (and who is a better defender), Bettarini will hardly get a place for the Eurofinals.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Bettarini wants new deal Friday 6 February, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stefano Bettarini is waiting for Sampdoria to offer him a new contract at the end of this season.

The defender, who is today celebrating his 32nd birthday, has had a super campaign and was a January target for Valencia.

"I am really satisfied with my season and I hope to resolve my contract problems with Samp," he said.

"I received a prestigious offer from Valencia last month but the club would not allow me to leave.

"It was then that I understood that I was important to Samp. I now hope that the club make me a concrete proposal. We’ll discuss it in June."

The left-back has impressed this term and he’s being tipped to earn his maiden international call-up for the February 18 clash against the Czech Republic.

Meanwhile, Samp have been hit with the news that defender Giulio Falcone is set for a spell on the sidelines.

The former Bologna stopper has picked up a muscle strain and is set to be out of action for a month.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts