Xtratime Community banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
joel griffiths you are fantastic. not the first time hes scored against an aussie team either.

like the commentator, i also wonder why Pim hasnt chosen him. we are definitely not blessed in the strikers department so anything will do.

·
Registered
58,960 Posts
Man, Ricardo Oliveira really has lost it. Hardly did a thing as his Al Jazira side got thumped by an Iranian side (could have been 10-1) which had a Senegalese and yes a Serbian player! they're really everywhere

Ahmad Jamshidian was the star man though. Surprised to read he isn't a NT regular

·
Second Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
3,015 Posts
Al Jazira prolly should've bought Yeste instead.. :pp

Some of today's result:
Shandong Luneng 5-0 Arema (I only saw this until 2-0)
Al Nassr 1-1 Al Sadd
Zob Ahan 1-0 Al Rayyan

·
Registered
58,960 Posts
well Arema got a point at home against that Chinese side so I guess it's mission accomplished.

Wonder who'll qualify now for the next ACL with 2 leagues.

Wim Rijsbergen gave a grumpy interview in the NRC about his stay so far in Macassar. He especially doesn't like the lack of ambition among the players. That said, he's always wanted to work in Asia or Australasia so he's enjoying it despite the obvious problems

·
3,015 Posts
He seems like a passionate old man the couple of times I saw him on tv during PSM games.. Always shouting, showing his disgusts when his players did something stupid, that kind of stuff..:pp Hopefully they will learn a lot from his coaching.

Next year I'm guessing they would give 1 spot to the ACL qualification for the IPL winner instead of ISL runner-up, but nobody knows for sure.. I still have my hopes up that Arifin Panigoro, the man behind the IPL, will be the next FA Chairman btw.

·
Registered
58,960 Posts
Aremas defending so far :D

do they do this every week?

·
3,015 Posts
Last time I checked, their defence seemed pretty solid in the domestic league, lol.

But yeah, yesterday they were shockingly bad, especially in the first half. The players looked completely lost in the pitch and I think every through pass resulted in a goal-scoring opportunity.. Not good! :D
And the lame penalty at the end.. :howler:

Oh well, at least they won't be winning the league again this year.

·
minasstr f posterior
10,246 Posts
gamba osaka vs cerezo osaka :lick:

i dont like this starnge concept of dividin the continent into eastern and western conferencez or wateva.any chance all of asia gets to have a unified competition rite from the start?? that will really make thngs interesting and will b better for the game i feel with greater exposure for all clubs and plyrz

·
3,015 Posts
I guess they did it for the traveling convenience of the participating teams, but yeah that would make the competition more interesting. Al Ain is the odd one out in Group F with 3 East Asian teams. :pp

·
Registered
139 Posts
2011 AFC Champions League quater finals draw

2011 AFC Champions League quater finals draw results

QF1 Cerezo Osaka (JPN) v Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors (KOR)
QF2 Al Ittihad (KSA) v FC Seoul (KOR)
QF3 Sepahan (IRN) v Al Sadd (QAT)
QF4 Suwon Samsung Bluewings (KOR) v Zob Ahan (IRN)

Semi-finals
SF 1 Winner QF4 v Winner QF3
SF 2 Winner QF2 v Winner QF1

Final
Winner SF2 v Winner SF1

·
Registered
58,960 Posts
Some funny results

Jeonbuk Motors - bigspending Guangzhou 1 - 5

and right now:

Buriram United of Thailand - Kashiwa Reysol 3-2

·
Registered
58,960 Posts
Adelaide 2 Gamba Osaka 0
Today's surprise :D this after the other Aussie league side who are leading the league got played off the park by FC Tokyo in the last round

Also Pohang Steelers 0 FC Bunyodkor 2 must be one too

·
Registered
58,960 Posts
The Thai side do it again :eek: against the multi millionaires of Canton.

Heard Buriram got the same coach who got a Thai side into the CL final 10 years ago. He's doing his magic again!

21 - 40 of 49 Posts