Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two big games tomorrow, the first legs of the Asian champions league semifinals.

Ittihad [KSA] travel to Korea to face Busan [KOR!], while alAin [UAE] hosts Shezhen [CHN] in the other.

-----

Busan I'Park v Ittihad

This game sees the two most impressive teams in ACL this season face each other, in what's expected to be an exciting tie.

Busan enter this semifinal after comfortably seeing off alSadd of Qatar, beating them both home (3-0) and away (2-1). Ittihad, the reigning champions, qualified equaly strongly, drawing comfortably away to Shandong (1-1) and thrashing them at home (7-2).

Both teams will have a player missing to suspension: Mohammed Noor for Ittihad, and Da Silva for Busan. But Ittihad should welcome back Hamad alMontasheri who returns from injury.

The game will be held at the Gu-deok stadium, at Busan's request, in an effort to boost attendance to this crucial game. It's expected to be a sellout.

------

In tomorrow's other game, al-Ain host surprise package Shenzhen. Both teams will be looking to set their credentials after a fortunate route to qualification. al-Ain sneaked in to the semis on away goals after a late comeback against Pas, while Shenzhen pulled the surprise of the tournament when they saw off Ahli in extra time.

Macala doesn't have any selection problems, whilst Shenzhen will be missing 2 players from their back line (one suspended the other injured).

The game will be held at the Tahnoon stadium in al-Ain.

·
Registered
57,416 Posts
This is mad! :eekani: :eekani:

How can BOTH matches be so one sided, in the FRIGGIN SEMI-FINALS !

Anyway, looking forward to the final. :)

·
Registered
7,297 Posts
HiJazzey said:
Un-f****-lievable

Busan 0-5 Ittihad !!!!! :eek: :proud:

What can I say. This is too much :happy:
Is this the First or Second LEG of the Semi-final!! If second what was the score in the First :confused:

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I know it is ridiculous. Shenzhen are a shockingly bad team. I really can't believe that team knocked out the likes of Suwon, Jubilo, and Ahli. I think their luck ran out in front of al-Ain, who unlike Ahli, know how to finish their chances and kill their opponent. Busan aren't a bad team. The game was close until Ittihad scored. Once they started chasing the game, Ittihad picked them off with five goals that demoralised them.

·
Registered
7,297 Posts
So both of the teams who reached the final are GULF :D

Al-Ain vs. Ittihad Jeddah

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
This is amazing. An all arab final in Asia's CL, and all arab Final in Asias AFC cup, and all arab semi final and thus final in Africa's CL, and hopefully ISA an all arab final in Africa's Confed cup.

Amazing stuff

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Even more than that... you forgot an Arab quarter-final in the world club championships. Can you imagine Ittihad v Ahli :drool: ?! It will be the game of the tournament. Nothing like a Saudi Egyptian derby. High in the rivalry factor ;)

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
True forgot about that, so guaranteed an Arab team in the WCC semi final also :)

And Ahly x Ittihad game would be ideal, but lets just hope they make it there as both are favourites.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts