Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
A warm welcome from me too. Interesting second favourite team you have there Lamstraal. Most of the Dutch fans here support a team from one of the big leagues if they support any extra team at all, but you're first with a team from Croatia.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
One step closer we'll set tomorrow to the title. I must say that after the debacle against Brugge at the end of last year I couldn't set my mind yet on the title and after the awaygame against Utrecht a few weeks ago I had a hard head in it that we would even succeed in that challenge, but now simply it's counting off until that joyfull moment. Still we don't need to sell the bearsskin before he has been shot, but the bear is already in our shootingrange and we simply have to pull the trigger.

After the remarkable transfer of fellow Almeerder Van Vossen to Vitesse it looked like we could laugh about him in the ArenA, but the old man can't cope anymore with the physical side of pro-football and will miss the game on sunday. For the rest the quality of Vitesse is still that low that we can see the funny side of them if we just play the level we can. With Rink and Ilic they have had a few inforcements during the winter, but it hasn't really been noteable in their quality of play. Still their games have been a crime to watch and the only game they won, the one from last week, was won thnx to a wrong judgement by the ref.

We can continue with the same players as last week, who finally showed us a enjoyable game again. Mitea will try this time to drive Cornelisse crazy and Koeman has said that he will start at least with one of the two comeback Kings from last week. With Sonck ruled out with a toe injury, my bets are that it will be Steven who has the best chance, but you never know. For the rest De Jong as rightback and Sneijder back in midfield. They shouldn't have that much trouble with the drill instructor's Vitesse.

The line-up

Lobont - De Jong, Heitinga, Escudé, Maxwell - Galasek, Sneijder, Van der Vaart - Pienaar, Ananas, Mitea

The score

Ajax - Vitesse 5-0

Van der Vaart 2x
Ananas
Sneijder
Zlatan

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Congratulations! Maxwell, Sneijder, :star:Mitea:star:, Heitinga and Zlatan scored in a 5-0; the title is yours PSV having drawn yesterday.

:happy: :party: :jester: :D :star:

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Damn, why wasn't this game the match of the week in the prediction league? :groan: Would have been 7 points for me. Ah well, why should I complain. If there is a supporter who should complain it's one from Vitesse. This was by far the worst opponent I saw this season in the ArenA, no wonder that they're so low in the league. If Ajax really wanted they could have reached the 10 goals with ease, but Vitesse was that bad that Ajax perhaps lost the real concentration to make it a monsterscore.

Quality goals by Maxwell and Sneijder. Wes scored an even better goal than against Scotland. A great finish from around 30 yards. If the little man has his day, then he can produce those magic shots. Raf also had a good game, although he was unlucky in the box. He tried a few times, but Van Fessem or a defender from SBS Vites were on time to block his attempts. Lobie could have taken a day off. Had nothing to do today.

8 matches to go, 14 points to get.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Marius said:
No man, this is not it. I was talking about an official Ajax website where you need an account and can watch the goals....
This website doesn't show the latest goals
Thanks anyway
I know this isn't official but its better. The other one is Ajax USA but the clips are shit. I'm waiting for Supershota. :stuckup:

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
chivu said:
Marius, do you mean http://www.ajaxfanclub.de ? Nicky's goal this time wasn't that special, but he's reaching a nice tally now for a debutant.
In your opinion, how big a part does he play in Ajax' future? Do you see him following Chivu's footsteps in a few years time?

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
It's still hard to say for me. With Chivu you could see quite easily that he would become a big one, eventhough he played in a horrible team in his first year. With Nicky I still have to see at least another season before I can make a real judgement. That he has done better than expected is certain though, but then again he came in blanco, so he had nothing to lose in the first place.

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
Congratulations on your win
Two points of criticism though 1) Vitesse really did their best to make a field day for you guys, and 2) A little bit better finishing and you couldv'e broken a new scoring record.

I can't believe how well Sneijder can shoot with both his feet, that was my favourite goal of the afternoon, and I thought he was man of the match too.

You won't let an 11-point lead slip away, I least that's what I pressume, but AZ and Feyenoord away, and giantkillers NAC at home, are gonna be tricky games, and nothing like this afternoon's walk in the park.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
chivu said:
Damn, why wasn't this game the match of the week in the prediction league? :groan: Would have been 7 points for me.
You know them too good.... wouldn´t have been a real challenge for you to predict them. ;) I´m sure Kluivert picks the right game next week.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts